New teaser trailer!

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

atomheart
Just Passing Through

New teaser trailer!

Post by atomheart »

A new trailer has appeared on the facebook page. You only get 30 seconds or so of gameplay, but it looks pretty sweet!

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php ... 4&comments :shock:
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Re: New teaser trailer!

Post by simeonalo »

I think I can sense some camera problems with the game :3 Looks like the feedback of the camera looking like a "monkey was controlling it" might have been true. The fixed angle of Murphy running away look nice, though, and I like how the camera rotates when Murphy's attacking enemies.

YAY! The water sliding thing looked really cool! Was he being controlled during that part? Or was it a cutscene-type thing?

Those enemies..not sure about them. Look interesting. Not really scary. Nice design. Are they the Screamers? They look like different/updated versions of the monster that was shown swiping at the camera with spike/knife-hands.

Lol at Murphy with the chair.
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

Yeah, they're the screamers, the only revealed enemies, not too keen on them, but more subtle than all of Homecoming's enemies

Here's a Youtube version for the peeps with no FB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8aI4nZ24Jw
soft_cell
Just Passing Through

Post by soft_cell »

OK, I had my doubts about this game but seeing that 2 second shot of him going down a rusty slide into what looks like a hell-pit and whacking monsters with a wooden chair....

I'm more excited than ever.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Another youtube mirror
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwqMaTxgoCY

Those monsters look pretty cool! Water slide sequence looks pretty awesome too!

Graphics look nice. There are some issues like his shadow at the beginning, but the game's still in development so things like that will likely be fixed.

But I like what I see so far! The music also sounds pretty awesome!
Pleasant Sinner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Pleasant Sinner »

Tantalizing trailer indeed! Judging from the material/trailers I've seen of the other newer SH games (H, O, SM), I'd say Downpour probably has to be the best looking thus far (not just visually). The music actually has a unique vibe that still hits the SH spectrum just right, the otherworld actually looks GOOD, and the atmosphere has a foreboding nature to it.

I also dig the blend of gameplay style here, especially with SM's "running and looking back" mechanic.
in zero
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by in zero »

Hmmm, I hope the full trailer shows a different kind of atmosphere. I'm usually pretty forgiving of the newer SH games, but to me that was just Silent Hill: Alan Wake Edition featuring Homecoming Otherworld and a Big Scurry THUNDERSTORM (BE SCARED OMG THUNDERRR RAINNNNN)

:|
jak5C0lon
Just Passing Through

Post by jak5C0lon »

It's cool to see more footage, but there isnt much to go on. Take what you can get I suppose.
Yoshata
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Yoshata »

I can't wait for this game. I had to watch that twice because it seemed like I just couldn't process it all the first time - everything goes by so fast. That slide part looks awesome.

Overall, this has a really good vibe as a Silent Hill game to me so far. I really can't wait for more details!
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

Watching this has made me much more optimistic and open to this game being really good. There isn't much, but if that small amount of action and the entire sliding sequence, not to mention Murphy cracks a chair over a monster's head...well, if that small nugget leaves this good of an impression on me, I can't help but to be optimistic. I'll be glad to see the entire trailer, and hopefully learn more about the story, and overall feel of the game.

Did anyone else see how awesome that little skull statue with the burning candle looks in the background, at lower right?

Gonna sound lame here, but I love how the release of this game feels much more interactive with facebook, as well as the movie. I feel like the creators of the film's sequel and these guys working on Downpour reach out to fans and newcomers so well. I love stalking Silent Hill news.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Ravager
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Ravager »

Looks nice. Not much to base an opinion on yet, but I really liked the forest+rain atmosphere. I think they're doing a great job with this game.
Dutchman
Gravedigger

Post by Dutchman »

It's a nice trailer indeed! From what I saw, it has the right astmosphere 8)
[img]http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn230/Ghoul68/banner_shh_4.png[/img]
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

Very excited for this!!!!!! Looking good! Can't wait for the full trailer at E3
saevitia
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by saevitia »

Can't wait for the full trailer, that was just enough to get me really excited again!

Highlights I think were the sliding thing, and being surrounded by all those monsters. Gah! The graphics look really nice, imo.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

I feel like a lot of this game is going to be spent by me, screaming "OHHHHHHH.... ACK! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Water slides? Really? There is a reason I don't fuck w/ those things irl. No control. No control at all.

>>; I am already starting to sweat a little. And is it just me or do those "hags" look like they are going to be a pain in the ass. That will be another of my favorite things to be screaming while playing this game. "BITCH, BACK THE FUCK UP OFF ME!"

But hot damn-the graphics looks fantastic. This pleases me more than I can put into words.
Hometown
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hometown »

It's nice to see they made a sequel to Alan Wake.

...wait, they didn't?
[img]http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/5659/sig6ku.gif[/img]
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

Hometown wrote:It's nice to see they made a sequel to Alan Wake.

...wait, they didn't?
Did you actually play Alan Wake? In motion the game looks nothing like it

Pyramid Head15
Just Passing Through

Post by Pyramid Head15 »

So want this game now. I cant wait for the full trailer and I hardly think it looks like Alan wake. Anyways, this fall cant come soon enough!
Because you protected the ephemeral and flickering world with your hands
Now you may simply fold your wings and rest in peace
Wrapped in eternal tranquility, love through all eternity-Persona 3
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

Gurrr, what's with everyone saying this is the sequel to Alan Wake. Just because it has a few trees in a dark place? It's not going to be anything like Alan Wake, The foresty bit is just going to be the start. Could we say Silent Hill 2 is a prequel to Alan Wake because of the run through the forest at the beginning of the game? No.
So stop complaining saying it's like Alan Wake, it's just a few trees which are at the start!
Agent of God
Subway Guard

Post by Agent of God »

Hometown wrote:It's nice to see they made a sequel to Alan Wake.

...wait, they didn't?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK_9uBR0 ... lpage#t=8s

But seriously, I still like what I see so far. Those falling/sliding action scenes look really intense.
I really hope that the random weapon combat (chairs et.c...) will be executed legitimately, and that it will feel right. Not like the latest Alone In The Dark, which had a similar combat system.
We are still here...