New E3 2011 Trailer

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

stopped_clock
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Re: New E3 2011 Trailer

Post by stopped_clock »

Tillerman wrote:
It's been mentioned that rain might be the new static. So everytime a monster is near, it rains. That's an interesting idea but I wonder if that would really work; maybe they should just bring back the static. The static is still a pretty brilliant technique and I would love to see it make a comeback.
As I understand it it's the other way around, the rain is not caused by the proximity of monsters, instead the monsters will be more numerous (and possibly tougher?) the worse the weather gets.
Too cold to start a fire
I'm burning diesel, burning dinosaur bones
I'll take the river down to still water
And ride a pack of dogs
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

http://kotaku.com/5814412/silent-hill-d ... o-be-scary

Yup. Confirmed. When it (randomly) rains, more aggressive enemies will appear.
Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Tillerman »

Ahhhh... which means that there's a random element to how enemies appear. I like that a lot. I still don't get how that's gonna work with interiors, though. Maybe a majority of the game takes place outdoors? (Most of the shots we've seen have been outdoors, right?)
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

Tillerman wrote:Ahhhh... which means that there's a random element to how enemies appear. I like that a lot. I still don't get how that's gonna work with interiors, though. Maybe a majority of the game takes place outdoors? (Most of the shots we've seen have been outdoors, right?)
Or it could be something to do with sprinklers and things, I mean in the diner we saw sprinklers it caused a transition to the otherworld. Maybe there are other buildings with things and mechanics of this nature. Where sprinklers or something go off, or maybe a bathtub fills up and spills over causing something random to happen as well. I guess we won't know for sure til this game actually ships and comes out everywhere.
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I'd hate to be a server in Silent Hill and knock over a glass of water. . . .
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SilentRobert23
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SilentRobert23 »

The Adversary wrote:I'd hate to be a server in Silent Hill and knock over a glass of water. . . .
"Mazel tov!"
Tillerman wrote:Ahhhh... which means that there's a random element to how enemies appear. I like that a lot. I still don't get how that's gonna work with interiors, though. Maybe a majority of the game takes place outdoors? (Most of the shots we've seen have been outdoors, right?)
Yeah, a lot has been outdoors. It's also possible that rain could trickle through holes in the ceiling, if Vatra presents a very rotten town.
country matters
Thor
Just Passing Through

Post by Thor »

I was hoping that when Murphy was looking at the car, The camera would pan around in some sort of revealing fashion, only to notice that the mailman would shockingly appear near him in some sort of shocker/pop up type fashion. For me a moment like that would really put over the mindfuck factor this game could achieve. I'm also very thankful that the man mainly talking in that video said that "This was Murphy's story, not James'. You won't see nurses running around and such.." For me that was all I needed to hear, I have a lot of faith in this game.
stopped_clock
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by stopped_clock »

SilentRobert23 wrote: Yeah, a lot has been outdoors. It's also possible that rain could trickle through holes in the ceiling, if Vatra presents a very rotten town.
I seem to remember hearing in one interview that as the weather worsened the state of the town would also deteriorate, so that could certainly include leaky buildings.
Too cold to start a fire
I'm burning diesel, burning dinosaur bones
I'll take the river down to still water
And ride a pack of dogs
SilentRobert23
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SilentRobert23 »

Thor wrote:I was hoping that when Murphy was looking at the car, The camera would pan around in some sort of revealing fashion, only to notice that the mailman would shockingly appear near him in some sort of shocker/pop up type fashion. For me a moment like that would really put over the mindfuck factor this game could achieve.
I disagree. That you could even compare it to screamers would irritate me, as I hate those, but rather, the camera panning would be a giveaway to some reveal, and it would also give too much of a sense of the supernatural to a character early on.
country matters
Thor
Just Passing Through

Post by Thor »

SilentRobert23 wrote:
Thor wrote:I was hoping that when Murphy was looking at the car, The camera would pan around in some sort of revealing fashion, only to notice that the mailman would shockingly appear near him in some sort of shocker/pop up type fashion. For me a moment like that would really put over the mindfuck factor this game could achieve.
I disagree. That you could even compare it to screamers would irritate me, as I hate those, but rather, the camera panning would be a giveaway to some reveal, and it would also give too much of a sense of the supernatural to a character early on.
You have some good points there. If it happened later on in the game, perhaps revealing him to be paranormal it could work. lol