Silent Hill: Downpour E3 Panel

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

VIVIsect
Historical Society Historian

Re: Silent Hill: Downpour E3 Panel

Post by VIVIsect »

I've always loved Douglas and his "beaten down, tired old man" lines/delivery.

I guess they won't be updating Douglas' lines, seeing as how his voice actor is dead. Unless, of course, they bring in a new actor for the part. And that would be a fucking crime.
nobody is anybody
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

The voice actor is dead?! Man, what a damn shame. He was probably my 2nd favorite character in the entire series in because of the voice acting.
VIVIsect

Post by VIVIsect »

^ Liver failure, about 6 months after completing work on Silent Hill 3. It is a shame. He was a young guy, too.
nobody is anybody
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

Fuck. D : I did not know this. I had been quietly hoping he'd be sought out to reprise his role. Guess a bad case of death excuses him. : /
SilverWolfPet
Just Passing Through

Post by SilverWolfPet »

I hope they don't change the voices of James and Heather.
They are almost iconic! At least to us, right?

What about lipsync?

When they re-made Sly in HD, they didn't re-record the lines of the characters. Why now? The spooky/awkward lines had a certain charm to them... it was like you were playing someone's dream.

You knew it was weird, but you went with it... Angela was so awkward, especially in delivering her lines... that's what made her special!
Hydra666
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Hydra666 »

IMO James's voice sounded so stupid at times. Especially when he shouted " waiiiiiiit, ho do you knyow about maryyyyyy s' neiyyyyyiiim".
His voice sounded nice at a neutral tone though.

I didn't know about Douglas's voice actor's death. :shock:

I really liked Heather's voice. I can't imagine a voice that suits her better than the one she had.
Yoshata
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Yoshata »

That's such a shame about Douglas' voice actor. :( I had no idea. I wonder what they'll do about that. I'd like it a lot if they just left it as it is. His voice matches the character perfectly.
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

I totally dig his faith in the culture of the new developer. I'm not too familiar with that part of the world, but I have hope that they can bring the same sort of flavor that the Japanese developers have brought to the series with the earlier games.
Bitch, don't kill my vibe.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

I guarantee that when the collection comes out, the new Claudia voice won't have that weird accent. I also guarantee that we'll have a Twin Snakes situation where fans will complain about that.
Faded-Myth
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Faded-Myth »

Oh man. Long time since I've posted here.

I'm looking forward to new voice recording. If they use the original actors, than that would be really awesome. But at the same time, while those particular voices belong to those characters, in retrospect they haven't aged well. Nostalgia factor aside, they don't have a lot going for them. James and Heather's voices are two I think worked great for them. James especially had that detached feel about him that made his wooden acting passable, and Heather's acting was pretty good compared to the rest of the cast. But if they can re-record their lines and do a better job this time around, then that's a real treat. It's not often an old, favorite games get a second shot in the recording booth, so I see it as something cool. If they do pick different actors (and in some cases they will have to), then I'm fine with that. So long as the actors do a great job at nailing what their characters are about, then I'm fine with that. The fact that Guy Cihi was contacted earlier in regards to an anniversary project hints towards him being cast again, which is exciting.

Besides, I can always go back to the original game if I want to hear wooden James. It's not going anywhere.

Great. Now I need to play Silent Hill 2 and 3 again.
[url=http://silenthill.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page][img]http://www.box.net/shared/static/gzp1irrtr0.png[/img][/url]

[quote]I feel sorry for Henry. Here we have, this good-looking, even-mannered, sharp-dressed young single man, but who gets the fangirls wet? The weirdo serial killer with a soul-crushing Oedipal Complex and bad hygiene, or the dickhead priest with greasy hair and nasty teeth. - Alone in the town[/quote]
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

I agree that Heather's actress should definitely be kept. Hell, she popped in Shattered memories, so why not the HD remake?
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Faded-Myth wrote:Oh man. Long time since I've posted here.

I'm looking forward to new voice recording. If they use the original actors, than that would be really awesome. But at the same time, while those particular voices belong to those characters, in retrospect they haven't aged well. Nostalgia factor aside, they don't have a lot going for them. James and Heather's voices are two I think worked great for them. James especially had that detached feel about him that made his wooden acting passable, and Heather's acting was pretty good compared to the rest of the cast. But if they can re-record their lines and do a better job this time around, then that's a real treat. It's not often an old, favorite games get a second shot in the recording booth, so I see it as something cool. If they do pick different actors (and in some cases they will have to), then I'm fine with that. So long as the actors do a great job at nailing what their characters are about, then I'm fine with that. The fact that Guy Cihi was contacted earlier in regards to an anniversary project hints towards him being cast again, which is exciting.

Besides, I can always go back to the original game if I want to hear wooden James. It's not going anywhere.

Great. Now I need to play Silent Hill 2 and 3 again.
Unfortunately, Guy Cihi won't be in it. Konami didn't want to pay him the residuals on his motion capture or voice.
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

im looking forward to downpour i am hoping the game scares me (homecoming was scary but in a different way) i wasnt scared by origins or shattered memories
pink_isnt_well000

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

I'm not a fan of Mary Elizabeth McGlynn. Hopefully she will prove me wrong and do a fantastic job but as of now...meh.
SilentRobert23
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SilentRobert23 »

KiramidHead wrote:I agree that Heather's actress should definitely be kept. Hell, she popped in Shattered memories, so why not the HD remake?
"Popped in"? Was that in the ending, or am I being stupid?
country matters
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

She was Cheryl, i thought.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Amy wrote:I'm not a fan of Mary Elizabeth McGlynn. Hopefully she will prove me wrong and do a fantastic job but as of now...meh.
Out of curiosity, are you saying this about her based on her singing, or based on the voice acting she's done?
_Drake_
Hope House Careworker

Post by _Drake_ »

Yeah, if I'm right, she even confirmed it.
Either her or Tom I think.

~Drake

"Oh it get's to me alright" - Vincent
My Silent Hill Fanfic, Silent Hill: Spiritual Dissonance
pink_isnt_well000

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

I'm referring to her singing Yuri I'm not familiar with her voice acting.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Amy wrote:I'm referring to her singing Yuri I'm not familiar with her voice acting.
Oh, I see. Hopefully you'll like that, then.