Pre-order bonuses

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

Severeth
Gravedigger

Pre-order bonuses

Post by Severeth »

Hey guys, it's been a while.

Just wondering if any of you have any ideas as to what's going on with pre-order bonuses for us in the UK? May have been discussed in one of the SH interviews but I've scanned everything and found nothing... Maybe it hasn't been announced yet. I'd really like to pre-order it soon along with the new SH2/SH3 package but I don't want to miss out on anything.

Thanks.
I have a Youtube account where I sometimes post SH related videos. www.youtube.com/user/severeth

http://www.last.fm/user/Severeth
Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Re: Pre-order bonuses

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

I honestly didn't know there were going to be any, but then again, I haven't been following much news about Downpour lately. I hope someone's got some scoop.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
KoRn_Child
Just Passing Through

Post by KoRn_Child »

Nothing announced yet. Maybe in the next couple of months we'll hear something. I'm hoping for a collector's edition myself, but a preorder bonus would work too. Of course, I live in the USA so whatever you guys get probably won't apply to me and vice versa.
How can I be lost if I've got nowhere to go?
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

I'm guessing it will be something like the soundtrack or a collectible figurine.
Aerith Gainsborough

^I'd say more like an extra outfit as DLC. That's usually the most popular bonus.
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by thy_butcher »

A figurine or the soundtrack would be great IMO.
But I truly hope that free DLC isn't the case. In fact, I want no DLC for Downpour, or any SH game in the future.
DLC just isn't for a SH game...
Honestly, who thinks DLC is a good idea for SH? I'm serious. Could someone with an opposing viewpoint give a genuinely strong answer in retaliation?
I just don't see the light in it. I'm freaking out so much because of the extreme possibility of them forcing up DLC for extra $$. Of course, I just could choose not to buy the add-on content, but then that means I'm missing out on extra stuff. I don't see the fairness. I'll be truly pissed if DLC is available at all.
Aerith Gainsborough

^I don't, but that's pretty much how most bonuses are, honestly. It's usually a downloadable weapon or outfit or something like that.
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

I hope they have a special edition soundtrack bonus like they did with The Room. That was motivation enough for me, and it was a pretty good listen. It worked for me again when Gamestop did something similar and added a soundtrack as the Rule of Rose pre-order bonus. I'd say it's possible for Downpour to have a similar pre-order bonus soundtrack since they are having a new composer for the game in addition to a new Korn song. Anything from a collectible object to a poster would suffice, imo.

It'd also be nice to have, say, an actual replica of something from the game like they did with the Infamous sequel, or at least the collectors edition or whatever. My brother got that version and it came with a bag that looks just like the one the protagonist carries around. It's pretty cool, and I thought it'd be nice to see something like that with a Downpour collectors edition. I don't know what object it would be from this Silent Hill, though. A....pair of handcuffs, maybe? :| Hmmm. I'd only go for that if Murphy was attached to them. (A model of the Flauros would have been cool to release with the first SH back in the day as a pre-order bonus.)
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

thy_butcher wrote:A figurine or the soundtrack would be great IMO.
But I truly hope that free DLC isn't the case. In fact, I want no DLC for Downpour, or any SH game in the future.
DLC just isn't for a SH game...
Honestly, who thinks DLC is a good idea for SH? I'm serious. Could someone with an opposing viewpoint give a genuinely strong answer in retaliation?
I just don't see the light in it. I'm freaking out so much because of the extreme possibility of them forcing up DLC for extra $$. Of course, I just could choose not to buy the add-on content, but then that means I'm missing out on extra stuff. I don't see the fairness. I'll be truly pissed if DLC is available at all.
Easy: if there's something the developers wanted to integrate but didn't have the time due to a deadline, they could do so in DLC.
It's a little bit iffier than other games, Silent Hill, because we want the main story to be fleshed-out, but if they release something like Born From A Wish, that would be fine by me.

I'd love a poster as a pre-order bonus.
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by thy_butcher »

I understand what you're saying Yuki.
But I don't think I could ever accept add-on content for SH. I believe that if they don't have time to put something in Downpour & they want to get it into the hands of players, then they should finish it up and release it for free on PSN or Xbox Live later on.
I want the complete Downpour experience that Vatra creates. I want to have it for the $60 I drop on the game. I didn't pay extra money by pre-ordering or buying DLC later? That means I get a piece of Downpour's world chipped off? That would suck.
This isn't a generic shoot-em'-up with Team Deathmatch and whatever else. It's SH. Paid-for-DLC for SH is like not giving someone a chapter of a book until they pay. It feels so wrong. I hope they don't...
Please Vatra... Grrrr.

Oh yeah, a poster would be great Btw. A subtle one with Murphy in the rain.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

If the DLC is like Born From A Wish or an extra few costumes or weapons, I wouldn't mind paying 800 mp's. But as for preorder bonuses, I'm dieing for a soundtrack. I don't want a stupid fucking costume theyr'e gonna release for EVERYONe later.
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
Catch22
Subway Guard

Post by Catch22 »

thy_butcher wrote:I understand what you're saying Yuki.
But I don't think I could ever accept add-on content for SH. I believe that if they don't have time to put something in Downpour & they want to get it into the hands of players, then they should finish it up and release it for free on PSN or Xbox Live later on.
I want the complete Downpour experience that Vatra creates. I want to have it for the $60 I drop on the game. I didn't pay extra money by pre-ordering or buying DLC later? That means I get a piece of Downpour's world chipped off? That would suck.
This isn't a generic shoot-em'-up with Team Deathmatch and whatever else. It's SH. Paid-for-DLC for SH is like not giving someone a chapter of a book until they pay. It feels so wrong. I hope they don't...
Please Vatra... Grrrr.

Not all DLC is cut from the main game. Sometimes, just sometimes, we get DLC that is essentially a downloadable expansion pack. Think "Born from a Wish", an expansion that didn't take away from SH2's main storyline at all. I don't know how someone can honestly protest a reasonably priced expansion made available months after the initial game's release.

Now, if they pull an "EA" and make costumes or bonus levels available on launch to buy, then you know Konami is being greedy.

As for pre-order bonuses, I am against them, unless they are physical things such as posters or soundtracks. In-game preorder content is just as bad as paid DLC cut from the main game.
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by thy_butcher »

I agree Catch22.
I guess when I hear "DLC", I think of day on add-on's available for download.
As you put it, "EA". Hahaha !
They plan & develop DLC alongside a full game for a 2nd day release. :roll:
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

thy_butcher wrote:I understand what you're saying Yuki.
Please Vatra... Grrrr.

If that's the case, you just sound like you're against DLC on principal. However, there's almost always content scrapped from a video game--look at Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, for instance. One of the highest-rated games had cut content, and in this day and age it's possible to polish it and put it out later as DLC. Not necessarily the ideal, but not an awful idea.
Severeth
Gravedigger

Post by Severeth »

I personally want a soundtrack as a pre-order bonus. I wouldn't mind downloadable content in the future, for example, an extra hour or two of gameplay but I'd prefer not to get it in the form of a pre-order bonus.
I have a Youtube account where I sometimes post SH related videos. www.youtube.com/user/severeth

VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

If anyone here's a fan of Kingdom Hearts, the final mix versions add a crapload of bosses more enemies, an extra challenge level, ect enough to make the original look like a demo. They NEVER release them in America though. Personally, if they had KH games for 360 or PS3, NA would prob see all of these things as DLC. If there's THAT much extra DLC, I'd be willing to pay about $15 extra for it. It's like GTA and Red Dead Redemption. rockstar releases extra scenarios as DLC. You don't need them to play, its just a nice little extra you can buy if you liked the game alot.
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

Aerith Gainsborough

^I love the Kingdom Hearts series! I've played the series since the first one back in 2002 when I was eleven, so that's why I am still committed to the series.

For Silent Hill:Downpour, if there is DLC, I don't think they're going to give us an alternate story. If anything I still say an outfit or something, since the games usually emphasize on extra outfits you can unlock and stuff. I just really don't see that happening. As for other pre-order bonuses, a soundtrack or poster could be possible, since they can fit easily inside the game's case with the game. I think they're going to go for efficiency.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

^ Probably, and KH was the first non-platformer series I ever played and liked xD I got all the games except Re:coded, (DS Broke Dx)
I want a Henry costume! :D He looks enough like Henry, thatd be epic,

Aerith Gainsborough

^Yeah, I don't have Re:Coded either, same reason, actually.
Severeth
Gravedigger

Post by Severeth »

Nah, Henry was sort of pretty as well as rugged. Murphy has a bent nose and a weird chin. I saw they just let us use Henry instead for the game. That'd be jizzworthy. Maybe baggier jeans, though. ;D

To be honest, I think you're right about there not being another level to unlock with DLC but it would be nice. Sub areas to visit and stuff. It'd be a nice little treat. One that we probably won't get. Ever. :P