Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 11 Dec 2018

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Pre-order bonuses

Missing since: 15 Jan 2005
Notes left: 7376
Last seen at: Couldn't tell you even if I tired
It'd be awesome if they actually SEND it out, since half the people that pre-ordered SH: SM didn't even get the OST that was a pre-order bonus.

World Toilet Organization
I'm like a circle, I'M TOO GOOD FOR CORNERS!!!

Woodside Apartments Janitor

Missing since: 16 Oct 2010
Notes left: 1129
Harrys_Girl wrote:
It'd be awesome if they actually SEND it out, since half the people that pre-ordered SH: SM didn't even get the OST that was a pre-order bonus.

This, and if they do have any pre-order bonuses, they should be sure they actually make enough and ensure every buyer gets that pre-oder. There's been cases where the company doesn't make enough to meet pre-oder demands. This is why I feel they might do some DLC type of thing.

Hope House Careworker

Missing since: 06 Nov 2010
Notes left: 657
^I didn't get my Lugia figurine when SoulSilver came out. SoulSilver was fun, but I still haven't bought any pokemon games since, I think I just grew out of it :P Anyway, I ordered Birth By Sleep online to make sure I got the PSP stickers,
2 weeks of extra waiting for shitty stickers that just peeled off,.. ugh
But no doubt, I'll buy Downpour on Gamestop (powerup rewards whoar)to make sure I get it if I want it. i don't trust my local gamestop with preorder bonuses. I do trust websites and 3 day sipping though! ^o^ (I'll have school by the time it comes out, I needz to focus on that then so I don't nearly fail again .-.')

I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 17 Aug 2010
Notes left: 24
I'm hoping that for a pre-order bonus we could get the OST and perhaps something a bit more casual for the people who aren't obsessed with the Silent Hill soundtrack, like a nice book of Silent Hill folklore or a map perhaps?

Missing since: 30 Mar 2009
Notes left: 1081
Last seen at: North of The Wall
Pull out map ftw, that would be excellent. Art books are always my preference, but they're more special edition than pre-order bonus.

And ride a pack of dogs

Missing since: 12 Oct 2009
Notes left: 2523
stopped_clock wrote:
Pull out map ftw, that would be excellent. Art books are always my preference, but they're more special edition than pre-order bonus.

Not necessarily. Persona 4 had a pre-order art book, and Catherine is doing the same. Different developer/distributor, but still.

Hope House Careworker

An artbook would be nice, but I would rather have a book of memo's if it had to be something like that.

I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Missing since: 03 Jan 2005
Notes left: 4685
Last seen at: Colorado
Harrys_Girl wrote:

Yeah, that's a big reason I'm not sure about pre-odering this time. That pissed me off.

A poster or soundtrack would be tempting, though.

Missing since: 04 Mar 2007
Notes left: 3368
I'm hoping for at least the soundtrack.

I'm not too keen on DLC stuff. I'd rather they just include that on the game's disc.

An artbook would also be awesome, but I doubt they'll do that...

My Bestsellers Clerk

Missing since: 28 Aug 2009
Notes left: 379
Last seen at: Blue Creek Apartments
what about they gave, atleast the 360 owners at this point, avatar clothes. Like Pyramid head clothes, Jame's clothes, little nurses that walk around or something to that effect. I might be wrong but I think PS3 has Silent Hill clothes for their avatar-rip off.

Missing since: 09 Jun 2005
Notes left: 7464
Last seen at: Kentucky
The clothing thing made me think of something. It would be nice if they could include maybe some avatar awards with this game. Not sure if they would do that for pre-ordering. Games like LIMBO, Left 4 Dead 2 and Red Dead Redemption all have avatar rewards. I think it's a nice addition!

Hope House Careworker

^ I wear my portal gun and cube and Portal hat with pride, :) I'd be glad to add a pyramid head helmet or prison uniform to that! :D

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Missing since: 03 Jan 2005
Notes left: 4685
Last seen at: Colorado
Jecht wrote:
I might be wrong but I think PS3 has Silent Hill clothes for their avatar-rip off.
Yes, a Pyramid Head and SH2 nurse costume are available in PS Home. At least they were a while ago; I can't say for sure if they still are.

There's also a Dead Space costume that caught my attention.

Missing since: 29 Jun 2008
Notes left: 1015
Last seen at: In your fridge
Just saw this:

http://shshatteredmemories.com/blog/201 ... -revealed/

Hope House Careworker

Missing since: 12 May 2009
Notes left: 681
Last seen at: Ontario, Canada
I'd have to hear the Korn theme for that documentary to be worth my time. A flashlight is a typical thing I think most SH fans would enjoy having. Sure, it's just a damn flashlight, but it's a Silent Hill flashlight! It'd make me feel a bit more justified wandering around the city yelling CHERYLLLLLLLLLLLLLL when it's foggy out.

The mug is cool though. It'd replace the kitten mug my friend broke a couple years ago. Bastard.

That's assuming if those are even options here in Canada. I'd prefer an actual Silent Hill dog. I'd name it Gravy and get it to attack crackheads downtown~

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject: Preorder Bonuses.

Missing since: 30 Mar 2006
Notes left: 215
Gamestop offers a Battleaxe and nailgun.
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/ ... usFeatures

Amazon however offers a $10 discount, a .45 and baseball bat.
http://www.amazon.com/Silent-Hill-Downp ... d_sim_vg_2

Wheres my OST Konami?

Post subject: Re: Preorder Bonuses.

Missing since: 26 Mar 2010
Notes left: 1879
Last seen at: Los Angeles
$10 > Any in game weapon crap you could offer me.

I'm disappointed there hasn't been any mention of the Soundtrack, but maybe they had to do things differently with Mr. Licht this time around. Since Yamaoka was working internally with Konami, it was probably much easier to produce and release that stuff in the case of Shattered Memories and SH3 in comparison to bringing in an outside composer like that. Then again, it hasn't stopped other games. Who knows?

Brookhaven Receptionist

Missing since: 05 Nov 2010
Notes left: 990
Last seen at: Kentucky
Those are cool weapons, but they shouldn't be pre-order bonuses. Especially since Downpour has breakable weapons.
I really was hoping for the OST...
Or a poster?
Artbook?
A temporary tattoo/sticker-thingy??

Hope House Careworker

Can't I atleast get a card that says fuck you? Something physical for preordering? No?

SHH Staff Writer

Missing since: 15 Feb 2008
Notes left: 1124
Last seen at: A place between here and there
I would have preferred something physical.

I actually assumed it would be physical, so I was alarmed at first when I read they were giving out a battleaxe and a nailgun with this game at Gamestop.

Backloggery | GoodReads | MyAnimeList

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next