Prepping for release day, what are your plans?

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

AnimalMother
Just Passing Through

Re: Prepping for release day, what are your plans?

Post by AnimalMother »

Not really that excited for this game anymore, don't know why. Ill probably wait awhile and watch gameplay vids on YouTube. I'd probably start playing it on my weekend Off work. I'd get papa johns and I'd play all night. Then I would tKe smoke and masturbate breaks.
The only thing I know is nothing
ashes and ghost
Just Passing Through

Post by ashes and ghost »

I'll preorder, and I plan to be on vacation that week. :]
"in my restless dreams, I see that town... Silent Hill."
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

Back in the day i used to be big on the pre-order madness...back then it used to be "electronics boutique" used to always say..."pre-order now or the game will be sold out"....now i know that's a bunch of bull....i'll just pick up the said game (whatever it may be) whenever i get the chance...
KoRn_Child
Just Passing Through

Post by KoRn_Child »

Tillerman wrote:As I recall SM got pretty mixed reviews, so I dunno about critical acclaim. It got a fair number of good reviews, but most of those reviews had reservations and were not exactly raves. If it had gotten nothing but rave reviews, that doubtlessly would've helped sales also.

I'm a little surprised so many people are gonna rush out and buy a game from an unknown developer. Not that it doesn't look good, but still...
I know SM received mixed reviews. Like I said, dumb people. :P

Seriously though, I'm getting Downpour at launch because there hasn't yet been a Silent Hill that I didn't enjoy, so it's a pretty safe bet for me.

And I know it wasn't you that brought it up, but I'm lazy and don't feel like quoting another post: Shattered Memories on Kinect would be awful. Kinect has yet to have a game that handles 3D player movement well, and we all know Konami wouldn't allow the budget or development time for SM to be the one to figure it out.

Move is a different story. The thing's basically a Wii on steroids. It's the similarities between Move and the Wii that gives me hope we'll eventually get an HD Shattered Memories port.

And finally, it's silly to think SM would have sold better as a Kinect/Move game when the combined install base is a fraction of the Wii's. Plus Homecoming bombed too, and that was a 360/PS3 game.
How can I be lost if I've got nowhere to go?
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by thy_butcher »

To save money, they could release SM on PSN as a download-only game. $15-$20 is what I'd hope for.
I hope it gets an HD/Move upgrade, I'd love to own that game. I've not played it so I'm reallyyyyy hoping. :wink:
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

Eh, Kinect has a pretty good dance revolution game (or whatever it's called) that picks up your movements very well. the kinect sports titles are good, but i haven't really played much Kinect. the only problem with using Kinect for SM is how do you make the player move/run? i doubt anyone wants to actually run for those chase scenes.

also, it's not really silly to think SM would've possibly sold better on 360/PS3, and when i said that i wasn't viewing it to be a Kinect/Move title, just a regular PS3/360 title. either way, Shattered Memories didn't sell all that well anyway, and it actually sold better on PS2, even though it was released on PS2 almost 2 months after the Wii release.

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/browse.p ... d+memories
KoRn_Child
Just Passing Through

Post by KoRn_Child »

I don't doubt that the PS2 version sold better, but I wouldn't rely on vgchartz to back up that claim. They're notorious for guesstimating their sales numbers, and are often grossly inaccurate.

I still don't see how SM would have sold better on 360/PS3. Homecoming was in a much better position to succeed (benefitting from being the first console SH to release after the popular movie, and also the goodwill built up by the previous games) yet it still bombed. You could be right, but it just doesn't seem probable.
How can I be lost if I've got nowhere to go?
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

i plan on buying it as soon as i can and i have enjoyed all the silent hill games, so i dont really have to worry to much 8)
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

^ I'm glad to see some of us have faith in the new game, ^-^ I plan on getting it day 1, and beating it without a guide, I've never done that before for any SH game other than the first half of Shattered Memories and SH2. ^-^ ...though I may get a strategy guide with it... just incase, x333
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
fukuro lady
Just Passing Through

Post by fukuro lady »

I am currently in the process of going through the old Silent Hill games before this one gets released. So my husband and I have played 1, 2 and are now on 3.
It takes us ages because with 2 little kiddies we have essentially 2-3 hrs per night after they go to bed and we have to allocate the time across movies, TV, gaming, relaxing, sport etc - you get the idea :P
So I suppose I'll get this game when I've finally made it through all the old ones, and hopefully it will be cheap!
I am excited that its coming out and would love to get it straight away, pay someone to look after my kids for a day and night, and get stuck into it but reality bites!

Oh yeah no, don't get a strategy guide, come on now, where's the fun and achievement in that!!
[img]http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m81/buttonpics/sigs/fl1.png[/img]
If I crashed my car/woke up in Silent Hill, I would take the gun I find in the Cafe and blow my f**king brains out.
kumiko
Gravedigger

Post by kumiko »

do we actually have a rough release date for the US/EU yet?
Youma Taisan!
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

October 20th or so, I'm hoping Oct 28th, so I can finish it on Halloween.
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

Yuki
Historical Society Historian

Post by Yuki »

VenusDoom wrote:October 20th or so, I'm hoping Oct 28th, so I can finish it on Halloween.
Really? I've heard both "October" and "Winter", with no other estimations.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

Amazon says the game will be out October 31.

Gamestop says the 25th.

Best Buy says 15th.

These are all just estimates, but it looks like mid-to-late October.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

leftshoe18 wrote:Amazon says the game will be out October 31.

Gamestop says the 25th.

Best Buy says 15th.

These are all just estimates, but it looks like mid-to-late October.
I should correct myself, then: official sources have all stated solely "October" or "Winter".

I really hope it's before Halloween, though. I'm always in a horror mood during October!
kumiko
Gravedigger

Post by kumiko »

fingers crossed here for that aswell Yuki!
Youma Taisan!
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

Yes, ^-^ I say Oct 20th. That seems to be the prime time for selling horror, (Halloween movies and such,) I'm hoping some GOOD horror movies will come out, lol

Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Tillerman »

Releasing it in time for Halloween is definitely a smart movie. Although I don't know if I'll be buying this game yet, I am very tempted to give it a rental as soon as it comes out.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Tillerman wrote:Releasing it in time for Halloween is definitely a smart movie. Although I don't know if I'll be buying this game yet, I am very tempted to give it a rental as soon as it comes out.
This is completely off-topic, and I apologize for it, but I wonder why people are going after used-game sales and not rentals.
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

What would i need to prep for? It's just a game. I'll get it put it in and play. I'll probably rent it though. . .
This is completely off-topic, and I apologize for it, but I wonder why people are going after used-game sales and not rentals.
Probably because buying a game to keep at a cheaper price hurts them more(it really doesn't but that's what they say) than renting a game for a limited time. That's what i would think anyway.