Prepping for release day, what are your plans?

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Re: Prepping for release day, what are your plans?

Post by Tillerman »

I'll definitely be renting it first before I buy it. It looks interesting to me, but I don't want to get screwed over again like I did when I rushed out and bought SM and ended up hating it.
Vestu
Just Passing Through

Post by Vestu »

I'll play and avoid the eventual (usually after 5-8 hours of non-stop gaming) nagging of my girlfriend by using closed headphones. I'll finish it within a weekend.
Just passing through since 2007.
KoRn_Child
Just Passing Through

Post by KoRn_Child »

If that HD Collection does well they better make one with SH4, SM, and Origins. Or at least SH4 and SM. I've seen Shattered Memories running in HD via a Wii emulator and it looks fantastic.
How can I be lost if I've got nowhere to go?
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

They don't really need to do one with SM... well, i mean i guess they could port it over to the PS3, but i doubt they would do that as it's already out for Wii and PS2.

Origins and SH4 aren't worth doing as they're not as popular (especially Origins). Like i've said in another thread, i'm only down for a SH4 HD update if it's a director's cut. they need to fix the problems that game had in order for me to shell out $$
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

SH4 Directors cut would be fantastic if they could get atleast one of the members from the original Team Silent and Tom H. to work on it, provided they don't change EVERYTHING.
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
KoRn_Child
Just Passing Through

Post by KoRn_Child »

Skele wrote:They don't really need to do one with SM... well, i mean i guess they could port it over to the PS3, but i doubt they would do that as it's already out for Wii and PS2.
Err... SH2 and SH3 are on PS2, and they're getting a port. RE4 is on BOTH the Wii and PS2, and it's getting a port. And unlike both of those games, most people haven't played Shattered Memories.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

SH3 and SH2 and RE4 were critically acclaimed successful and sold mucho grande copies each. Shattered memories got Best Wii Game at E3 from Gamespot and sold at a mediocre pace.
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

I'm sure that once the new movie comes out, they could sell anything with the word Silent Hill on it for a little while. They could easily sell remastered versions of the less-popular games.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

^ Never thought of that, very true, I think that might be the whole reason for the Remaster collection.

KoRn_Child
Just Passing Through

Post by KoRn_Child »

VenusDoom wrote:SH3 and SH2 and RE4 were critically acclaimed successful and sold mucho grande copies each. Shattered memories got Best Wii Game at E3 from Gamespot and sold at a mediocre pace.

I don't think SH3 sold nearly as well as 2 did, did it? Regardless you do have a point.

I said this before (though I'm not sure if it was in this thread) but SM bombing was because: A) M-rated Wii game's don't sell well and B) 3rd-party Wii game's don't sell well. Shattered Memories was both. AND it got hardly any marketing. Konami sent the game out to die.

And the critical acclaim thing is a moot point, 'cause only dumb people didn't like Shattered Memories.

jk uguys put away the pitchforks
Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Tillerman »

As I recall SM got pretty mixed reviews, so I dunno about critical acclaim. It got a fair number of good reviews, but most of those reviews had reservations and were not exactly raves. If it had gotten nothing but rave reviews, that doubtlessly would've helped sales also.

I'm a little surprised so many people are gonna rush out and buy a game from an unknown developer. Not that it doesn't look good, but still...
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

SH:SM Would've been a GREAT game to release with Playstation Move and Kinect. Probably would've sold better, and sold more Kinects and Move's too. Why they had to release it with Wii... I will never understand.

EmilietheStrange
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by EmilietheStrange »

I think I'll either pre order Downpour or buy it on the day of release. I'll most likely play it until I get stuck on a certain puzzle or boss (if that happens), or if I reach a point where I have no idea what to do and can't figure it out. After that, I'd go to bed or do something else, and continue with the game the next day.
Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Tillerman »

VenusDoom wrote:SH:SM Would've been a GREAT game to release with Playstation Move and Kinect. Probably would've sold better, and sold more Kinects and Move's too. Why they had to release it with Wii... I will never understand.
Well there was no Move or Kinect at the time.
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

^yep. i just think it was a bad decision going with the Wii, because you're excluding a good deal of the fanbase and potential new fans. had it released on 360 and Ps3, it probably would've sold better. SM wasn't exactly a title that would make me go out and buy a $200 console, just so i could play it.

They released it on PS2, but it was so hard to find a copy that it was pointless to release. plus, not a ton of people even have PS2's anymore. tbh, i won't be sad if Climax never makes another SH game.
Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Tillerman »

^I agree, I don't really care to see another Climax SH game either, but Climax has their fans. Even so, if Downpour is good enough I think people will forget about Climax and start demanding that Vatra makes more SH games... that's a big if, though.

IMO they released SM for the PS2 because the technology level is similar, so they could just easily port it over, but it would probably be a lot harder to port to 360 or PS3. The reason they decided not to go with an HD platform was because they really liked the things they could do with the wii-mote, and how they could use that for the game. And to be fair, would SM really have been able to work the same way with a Kinect? As I understand that works pretty differently. Also, not everyone has a Kinect or Move, so IMO if SM were to be released today for 360 / PS3 and require those things, it would probably do about as well as it did on Wii, if not worse.
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

^yeah, but the Move is cheaper than a Wii, or at least it was (what's the wii going for nowadays?). well, i understand why they went with the wii, i just think they should've looked at the pros and cons. sure you get to play around with the wii mote, but you alienate a ton of fans by doing so. also, had they gone with the PS3, they would've been able to go back and use the PS3 Move for the game.

you never know though, it could make it's way to PS3 at some point. if Downpour and the next film do well, i could see it happening.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

^ Or if Downpour and the HD collection, AND the Vita game. I think SH could be more of Sony's thing again if the HD collection and Memories does good.

Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Tillerman »

I agree, it'll definitely depend on how well the HD collection does. If it does well, more collections will probably be on the way. If not, oh well.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

I hope it does well, I'd love to play an HD SH4, regardless of if they changed anything, I wouldn't mind if they changed up the VA's in 4, I never liked Walter's VA or Henry's, Frank, Richard, and Eileen were the only memorable ones. Besides, the only original Team-Silent made game I own is SH1, and that's a digital copy. The only team-silent games I plan on buying other than the collection are a japanese copy of SH1, and a copy of SH3 with the soundtrack.