Prepping for release day, what are your plans?

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Prepping for release day, what are your plans?

Post by VenusDoom »

On my way to pick up the game I'll probably pick up about 3 or 4 cans of Monster or Amp, or maybe one of those 8 packs or a lieter of Mountain Dew Volt, or whatever the blue kind is called. It'll be about 5:00 or later I can get it, if not later due to my job and school. (I'm still not sure what day it comes out, or if I'll have work or not that day, darn part time job schedules x3) Anywho, I'll wait till arround 9:00, and then turn off my cell phone, cut out the lights, brush my teeth, change into my pajamas, and sit down in my trusty Jack Skellington chair, and cut on the TV and 360/PS3 (still haven't decided what system to get it for.) I'll be sure to charge my controller the night before or so. I'll insert the game and everyonce in awhile creep down my squeaky hallway for a drink to help keep me awake, and try to stay up untill 5 AM, regardless of if I have school or work the next morning. What are your guys' plans?
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
Typographenia
Historical Society Historian

Re: Prepping for release day, what are your plans?

Post by Typographenia »

Depending on what's going on that day, I'll try and run in and grab the game whenever possible.

Probably wait until the evening and play it for an hour or two before getting off to go to bed. I'm not a very exciting person, when it comes to games. You sound far more hardcore than I.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

^ Heh, x3 It really depends on the game. I've stayed up till 5 Am playing Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep and stayed up till 6 AM playing Silent Hill 3 before, I do alot of stuff during the day and stay busy, nighttime I have more time to myself, and it's easier to set the atmosphere for any single player game in the dark and by yourself, (in my opinion anyway,) and it's a thousand times more terrifying to me. SH4 is the scariest SH game in my opinion due to the hauntings. I can't even play that game at night, I have to play it in day time and unplug my PS2 if the game is in it. I'm terrified the ghosts/monsters that reach out of the walls will come out of my TV... I know it sounds silly x3
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

SilentRobert23
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SilentRobert23 »

I'm broke, so I'll probably beg family or friends to buy it for me, or at least get me to a Blockbuster or something. Failing that, I'll cry for ~10 seconds, and proceed to spoil it for myself w/ Youtube LPs. If I can get my hands on it, I'll start playing after everyone in the house is asleep and I'll keep going until I'm done.
country matters
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

I've already got it pre-ordered. I'll probably pick it up at the first opportunity on release day and play it with my girlfriend and son around taking breaks periodically to change my baby's diapers and feed him. Hopefully I'll have enough time to beat it day one like I did Shattered Memories.
bl00dmuffin
Just Passing Through

Post by bl00dmuffin »

I plan to set aside a week or two before the game comes out to replay all of the previous games in order. The day it comes out I'll run to Hastings at my earliest convenience and go into my routine Silent Hill coma every minute I'm not obligated to be doing something else (working, sleeping, bathing, not screaming, etc.).
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

^ I'll probably replay all of the previous games as well in the week or so prior to the game coming out. I did that for Shattered Memories and Homecoming.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

I'll probably wait several months and finally get it when I have the time. It's not in my nature to make a big deal over these things. The only time I ever did was with Xenosaga, and that game turned out to be a piece of shit.
_Drake_
Hope House Careworker

Post by _Drake_ »

I'll likely either get it for Christmas or my b-day.
I love Silent Hill, but I've got Deus Ex: Human Revolution fully paid off, plan on getting Elder Scrolls: Skryim, and Likely also getting Skyward Sword.

My gaming agenda will be filled. If this game got me excited like Shattered Memories did, I'd get it in a heart beat but right now, I don't have that feeling for it.

~Drake

"Oh it get's to me alright" - Vincent
My Silent Hill Fanfic, Silent Hill: Spiritual Dissonance
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

Probably going to do what I always do: wake up, go to class, breathe, eat...nothing out of the ordinary. I'm not excited for this game, and I'm doing the same as AITT.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

I'll probably pre-order it online as you normally get games a day or two early if you do that. Then, if I'm not working, I'll just sit and play it until my parents tell me to turn it down or off when they go to bed haha.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

I'll be working...
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

i'll either schedule the day off from work, or just leave early to go pick it up. i'll probably play it for 30 minutes or so just to see how the controls are, and to see how the game looks on my tv. after that i'll grab a bite to eat, then go back to playing Downpour for a few hours until i go to bed.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

Awesome, glad to see you guys' plans, ^-^ I always tend to get excited about these types of things. There are three series I usually try and get the games of the week of or a few days after they come out, Kingdom Hearts, Silent Hill, and Spider-man (it's a comic fanboy thing x3) I love SH, and like alot of you guys, I'll play all the games I have the month before, beating them one or two games a week. Provided the HD collection comes out in Sept, I should be able to do it, if it doesn't I'll borrow my cousins copy of SH2 and my ex's copy of SH3 so i can play SH 0123 and maybe Shattered Memories, and Homecoming if I get enough cash to buy a used copy from my local Gamestop.

KoRn_Child
Just Passing Through

Post by KoRn_Child »

If there are preorder exclusives I'll reserve it at whichever retailer has the best one. If there aren't, I'll reserve it wherever is most convenient for me. Assuming it comes out on a Tuesday like almost every other game, I won't be able to play it launch day due to work and school. I'll most likely play it Wednesday night.

And if there's a collector's edition you better believe I'll be getting it.
How can I be lost if I've got nowhere to go?
Bishop Sasarai

Post by Bishop Sasarai »

Going to be waiting for everyone else to get it and post their thoughts on it (likely will ignore "professional" reviews, for the most part). Based on what everyone says, I'll either put it on my list of games to eventually get, or brush it off (as I did with Homecoming).
"In relation to [animals], all people are Nazis; for the animals, it is an eternal Treblinka." - Isaac Bashevis Singer
--
Proud member of the Asiatic hordes. SEANZ.
VIVIsect

Post by VIVIsect »

Like I said in another thread, it's going to take a lot of generally positive fan feedback, some good reviews, and a lot of YouTube gameplay videos to convince me to buy this game. It'll be a while after its release before I pick it up, if I decide to at all.
nobody is anybody
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by thy_butcher »

I'll get it ASAP when it releases. I'm not sure when that will be, but hopefully day one if I can spare the $. Perhaps I'll wait for a used copy to save money...
All of my SH's except SH1 are used (0, 2, 3).

I wont rush through Downpour when I get it however. I love games. But it isn't my style to play for several hours on a new game. I don't want to finish it in 2-4 sit-downs. I want to drawwwwwwwwwwwwww the game out. I tend to sink myself into the game world better that way. For example, I just received SH3 in the mail two days ago. I have never played it. So far, I've only sunk 2 hours into it. That's just me. :wink:
Also, I'll only play after dark, lights out, with no company. Such is my SH ritual. I wont play if I'm tired. I want to be alert so I can absorb the full experience.
KoRn_Child
Just Passing Through

Post by KoRn_Child »

Bishop Sasarai wrote:Going to be waiting for everyone else to get it and post their thoughts on it (likely will ignore "professional" reviews, for the most part). Based on what everyone says, I'll either put it on my list of games to eventually get, or brush it off (as I did with Homecoming).

Homecoming isn't a bad game, and it's dirt cheap nowadays.
How can I be lost if I've got nowhere to go?
Bishop Sasarai

Post by Bishop Sasarai »

KoRn_Child wrote:Homecoming isn't a bad game, and it's dirt cheap nowadays.
That's true. I should probably just get that HD collection, SH 4, Homecoming, and Shattered Memories.

Wow, I've played less than half of the games in the series...yikes!
"In relation to [animals], all people are Nazis; for the animals, it is an eternal Treblinka." - Isaac Bashevis Singer
--
Proud member of the Asiatic hordes. SEANZ.