Gravedigger

Re: Downpour at Gamescom :: New - Aug 17th

Post by krakalackin »

lol. Sorry, I meant the instant q of my netflix account
SilentRobert23
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SilentRobert23 »

I would assume it to have English subs, then.
KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Post by KiramidHead »

The DVD I got from Netflix was sub only, no dub. So, I assume the instant version only has subs as well.
CrypticIdentity
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by CrypticIdentity »

thy_butcher wrote:I hope the "key moments" provided in Downpour aren't so simple as you choosing to save someone.......orrrrrrrr not. If you save more than you killed/let die, you get thd good ending. Vice versa for getting the bad ending. That'd be horrible.

As excited for Downpour as I am, that type of system would kill my love. It's too simple.
I think SH2's way of choosing endings was the best. Unlike SH3 & 0rigins which forced a good ending the first playthrough. Still, that isn't as bad as what I heard about how Homecoming decides how you get your ending...
Please Downpour, don't be that shallow.
I doubt it'll be as simple as how Homecoming selected the different endings. I remember talking about Shattered Memories with a friend, and explaining how the psychological profiling system affected the gameplay and endings, and he mentioned how it seemed like it would be much more effective (and frightening) if they didn't tell you it was reading your every action.

And despite the fact that I loved Shattered Memories anyway, he's right. (SH2 spoilers ahead)
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
SH2 essentially had a less complex (but no less ingenious) version of the psychological profiling system. When I found out after playing the game that it had actually been paying attention to how many times you check on Maria in the hospital, examine the photo of Mary/the letter/the knife, etc., I was really impressed. And moreso, it wasn't arbitrary--it was deeply rooted in the story and James' pathos, and could drastically affect how James' character arc was resolved (or not) in the end. (That's not to say that Shattered Memories' system was arbitrary--it wasn't. It was just a lot more comprehensive, and so it ranged from the super-meaningful actions the player took to the trivial.) Plus, the fact that I didn't know it was tracking these things made it feel like it had really gotten under my skin.
From the way the guy in the interview was talking about how Murphy might come across in the end, I have a feeling it's going to be more along these lines.

Also, since Downpour's designers have already taken a few cues from Shattered Memories--real-time reactions to items/environments, the chase sequences, etc.--perhaps they've taken a few other cues, too, without telling us. :)
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

CrypticIdentity wrote:From the way the guy in the interview was talking about how Murphy might come across in the end, I have a feeling it's going to be more along these lines.
I just now realized it's possible we will get an "In Water" ending that is actually the happy ending for Murphy.
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

I hope the side quest(s) for the UFO ending are as fun as SHSM's one.

Homecoming's was dumb, because apparently chosing whether certain people live or die in a certain pattern summons aliens, it's so obvious!
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

^well, you only have to choose whether or not one person dies to get the UFO ending. everything else is whether to forgive, or have mercy. stop exaggerating.

I agree with others who hope that the game takes a more SH2 approach to the endings. i just hope the game is good enough to force people into replaying, and exploring the game to get the multiple endings. aside from SH2, i liked how SH, SH3 and SH4 went about the endings as well.
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

Skele wrote:^well, you only have to choose whether or not one person dies to get the UFO ending. everything else is whether to forgive, or have mercy. stop exaggerating.

I agree with others who hope that the game takes a more SH2 approach to the endings. i just hope the game is good enough to force people into replaying, and exploring the game to get the multiple endings. aside from SH2, i liked how SH, SH3 and SH4 went about the endings as well.
Still, it was a dumb approach to a UFO ending, especially since you could get it on the FIRST run through, imagine if Homecoming was your first Silent Hill, and you got the UFO ending - you'd made NO choices that relate to anything alien in the game, the all of a sudden after the final boss, a UFO shows up.
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

Yeah, I always thought it was dumb in Homecoming that you could get the UFO ending on the first playthrough. They had it set up much better in previous games.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by thy_butcher »

First playthrough UFO ending? What!? I've yet to play Homecoming. I hope I don't get it... :shock:
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Here's how:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
If you don't want the UFO ending, don't save Wheeler when you get the chance. Let him die.
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

"Still, it was a dumb approach to a UFO ending, especially since you could get it on the FIRST run through, imagine if Homecoming was your first Silent Hill, and you got the UFO ending - you'd made NO choices that relate to anything alien in the game, the all of a sudden after the final boss, a UFO shows up."

im not disagreeing with you there, it is dumb.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

redrum wrote:I hope the side quest(s) for the UFO ending are as fun as SHSM's one.

Homecoming's was dumb, because apparently chosing whether certain people live or die in a certain pattern summons aliens, it's so obvious!
I hate SM's way of it. I liked the way you got it in SH:0 ad SH3 best.
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.