New Downpour Details

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Re: New Downpour Details

Post by thy_butcher »

I'm thrilled that they're showing new area of Silent Hill. We can dig deeper into the town's past, and see all kinds of new locations.
It seems as though Downpour will be on the outskirts of the town. At least that is what I see. Less commercial buildings & suburbs, a lot of forest. I'm into it. I can't wait to see everything that hasn't been shown, which I assume is a majority of Downpour.
Hydra666
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Hydra666 »

I'm not against totally new areas but revisiting very old areas could have been cool and super nostalgic

*brookheaven hospital*
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

This time around, I'd prefer pretty much exclusively new areas. Though I wouldn't mind a side quest and/or a side area where we could explore a more obscure area from a previous Silent Hill. Like one of the apartment buildings from SH2 or even Lakeside. Nothing too obvious like Alchemilla or Brookhaven. Even if it's just briefly for nostalgic purposes.

We need new areas to become familiar with so we can be all nostalgic about when Silent Hill 12 comes around~
KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Post by KiramidHead »

I think Alchemilla has kind of been done to death. Sometime in the future, though, I'd like to see a game where we visit all of Silent Hill in one game. That would be fun for me.
stopped_clock
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by stopped_clock »

Hydra666 wrote:I'm not against totally new areas but revisiting very old areas could have been cool and super nostalgic

*brookheaven hospital*

Anywhere but sodding Brookhaven.
Too cold to start a fire
I'm burning diesel, burning dinosaur bones
I'll take the river down to still water
And ride a pack of dogs
Pleasant Sinner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Pleasant Sinner »

I always wanted to revisit the prisons in SH 2 and 4 (although the latter would be irrelevant) as well as Midwich Elementary. Hospitals are getting old, seeing that they're used in every other horror game nowadays.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

^ The school and prison definatly. I wanna revisit the wish house in SH4, I kinda have an idea about a horror game I wanna make or write that takes place on a 34 floor multiplex modern hospital with no power and demented monsters and shiz. Sounds lame but I have ideas for the plot. Might post it to Indian Runner sometime. The whole shebang is SH and Fatal Frame and Donnie Darko inspired.
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

^That sounds epic. I can only imagine what a camera obscura would photograph in SH.
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by thy_butcher »

Murphy in the middle of Toluca Lake during a heavy rain...
Hahaha ! :wink:
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Hydra666 wrote:I'm not against totally new areas but revisiting very old areas could have been cool and super nostalgic

*brookheaven hospital*
Alchemilla and Brookhaven have been done to death. No thanks, time to move on.
Vestu
Just Passing Through

Post by Vestu »

KiramidHead wrote:^That sounds epic. I can only imagine what a camera obscura would photograph in SH.
I see what you did there. I love the first 2 Fatal Frames as much as I do love the first 2 Silent Hills. Camera Obscura would fit Silent Hill even better than Fatal Frame in a way.
Just passing through since 2007.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Camera Obscura would fit Silent Hill even better than Fatal Frame in a way.<
I'm not sure how that could imaginably be true, given that the camera is the fundamental core of the Fatal Frame series. Without it, you'd have Quickly Murdered Japanese Girl Adventure Time.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Monster
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Monster »

^That and perhaps there are no ghosts to photograph in Silent Hill. It's all in people's heads.
"Star Wars is like the thing that isn't remotely cool anymore but that nobody will stop talking about of my generation" -Me.
Number 7
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Number 7 »

There would be a lot more time to photograph the ghosts from Silent Hill 4 than the ones in Fatal Frame. They would be too busy trying to free themselves from the sticky wall goop clinging to their bodies to attack you right away.
"He's underground now. His new name is Number Seven."