SH8 For Steam

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

Axel_98
Cafe5to2 Waitress

SH8 For Steam

Post by Axel_98 »

Do you guys think Downpour will be released to Steam? I mean Homecoming is on there and I would like to play it on my computer IMO.
~The Bird of Hermes is My Name; Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame~
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Re: SH8 For Steam

Post by thy_butcher »

I'm not exactly sure how Steam works.
Are they even developing a PC version of Downpour?
If they are making one then I'm sure it would appear on there. It's so easy to obtain games through Steam. Konami would surely take advantage, as having Downpour on there would make it more accessible by broadening its audience to include people who almost exclusively purchase their games through Steam.
Typographenia
Historical Society Historian

Post by Typographenia »

thy_butcher wrote:Konami would surely take advantage...
hahahahahahahaha!

I really don't expect to see it happening, as much as I wouldn't mind downpour on here. Konami has proven time and again that they are completely incapable of thriving in the digital realm. They refuse to put games on any online service, despite the easy money they'd make, and they couldn't even be bothered to patch an extremely broken game like Homecoming.

It's almost baffling how they couldn't bring themselves to pay a little more to Double Helix to fix the pc bugs for Homecoming when they could make back 20x that amount by simply putting SH2/3 on a service like Steam, gog, or d2d.

If you're holding out for a pc version, don't bother. They haven't mentioned it at all, and I think they extremely poor handling and reception of homecoming on pc probably scared them away for a while.
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

as someone who's just entered into the world of pc gaming, i would love to see a pc version... however, i don't see it happening. i've read about how bad Homecoming is for pc, and i'm thinking that even if Downpour was released on steam, it'd be buggy as hell.

oh well, at least i have Rage, and Skyrim to look forward to.
Ashes
Just Passing Through

Post by Ashes »

Skele wrote:Skyrim
Hell yes.

I really hope a PC-version will pop up after some time has passed. I believe I red somewhere that Konami wouldn't release a PC-version due to the extra costs, but that they might do it later on.
So maybe if Downpour sells well enough, I keep telling myself...
Ring-a ring-a Rosie, a pocket full o' posies
Ashes, ashes, we all fall down...
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

Ashes wrote:I believe I red somewhere that Konami wouldn't release a PC-version due to the extra costs, but that they might do it later on.
Did Konami really say that?
That's bull crap. If they would develop the game for pc in the first place they could much more easily port it to 360/ps3 than building it for consoles and then trying to port to pc. PC is the best platform to release on to reduce costs since there's no packaging, you can sell it at a reasonable price so your audience will actually be willing to pay for it, and you can much more easily get advertising for it on the front pages of these digital distributors than you would on store shelves.

Ugh, why is konami so completely incompetent when it comes to the digital realm?
I swear, if they don't get their act together, they're really going to be hurting when everything finally shifts to only digital distribution.
Ashes
Just Passing Through

Post by Ashes »

Well, I'm not making it up. I'll quote what I remember reading,
as accurate as I can remember. :| Twas something like:

'It will be up to the developers if there will be a PC version or not. It is not very likely to happen any time soon, due to the extra costs.'
Ring-a ring-a Rosie, a pocket full o' posies
Ashes, ashes, we all fall down...
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

Sorry, I realize my post read as me saying your quote was bullcrap when I really meant Konami's stance on publishing on PC.