For those in the U.S

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

jeremyjh
Just Passing Through

For those in the U.S

Post by jeremyjh »

I recommend pre-ordering SH Downpour because their is not a lot of copiys I been to a Game Stop to put $5 down on a copy so they could hold them and they were all pre-ordered are partially pre-ordered so I had to go to another store. if you plan on buying it from the actually Game Stop store do yourself a favor and put $5 down on a copy for them to hold for 3 days for you.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jeremyjh13? ... BjX2Y0gNrc- Survival Horror Game Library
Typographenia
Historical Society Historian

Re: For those in the U.S

Post by Typographenia »

That's just gamestop's horrible business practice.

It's frustrating for really unknown and really popular games, in particular. With a game like Downpour, they tend to only get enough copies to meet preorders + a few extras. This way they can test the waters and see if they should order more. Maximize their profit margin and all that. Plus, they can guilt regular consumers that don't preorder to want to preorder next time by saying "oh, gee, we're all out of X game! I guess you should have preordered it."

I'm really biased, but I'd say preorder off of amazon before gamestop. You might get it a couple of days later, but at least they're going to have it in stock and not jerk you around.
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^Amazon had my copy of Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy at my house on the day of release, not to mention I pre-ordered it like...a few days before it was released. I don't know if I was lucky, but I'm just stating a fact.

Also, $10 off if you pre-order with Amazon, so...do that.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

^ You just got lucky. Buying directly from amazon's always been terrible for me. Anyone ever preordered from Gamestop's website? I'm a powerup rewards tool. .-. (Spend 600 dollars. Get 10 dollars off next purchase. *courage wolf*) xD
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

Aerith Gainsborough wrote:^Amazon had my copy of Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy at my house on the day of release, not to mention I pre-ordered it like...a few days before it was released. I don't know if I was lucky, but I'm just stating a fact.

Also, $10 off if you pre-order with Amazon, so...do that.
Do you have a prime account? Those tend to have much better rates when it comes to shipping stuff.
Sometimes you can just get lucky with their shipping rates, and sometimes you end up getting stuck waiting another day or two. I think it depends upon which of their warehouses it's shipping from and whatnot.
Aerith Gainsborough

^Prime account? What is that? If that's one of those freaky, pay extra for goodies accounts, then no. I just made an account, and bought stuff. That's about it.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

You get Amazon Prime free for a year if you're a college student. It's very convenient, IMO.
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

Hmm, all this talk about amazon. I might have to start buying games using it. But usually i just buy whatever game i want the day it comes out without any problems. I've never ran into a game being sold out.
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

SPRINGS02 wrote:Hmm, all this talk about amazon. I might have to start buying games using it. But usually i just buy whatever game i want the day it comes out without any problems. I've never ran into a game being sold out.

^^^This...all that talk about games bein sold out is a thing of the past and a bad marketing ploy...especially with a game like Downpour that really isn't that popular?...Trust... you'll be able to walk into any gamestop or walmart on day1 to pick it up...
ivs
Just Passing Through

Post by ivs »

Unless there is a bonus announced for pre-ordering at Gamestop there is no reason to pre-order it because it will sell out. I remember there being some truth to this in the 90s but not anymore.

I can recommend Amazon Prime and signed up as a student for 1 year free. Definitely worth it! Free 2 day shipping? I also bought a few games and always got them on-time on the release date. My free year actually just ran out last month and they are trying to get me back for $39/year compared to $80. It's worth imo. What CAN'T you buy on Amazon?
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

Also you probably could of used the 2 threads in this section about preordering OP.
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

Aerith Gainsborough wrote:^Prime account? What is that? If that's one of those freaky, pay extra for goodies accounts, then no. I just made an account, and bought stuff. That's about it.
Now I feel awful for making this an amazon thread. : (
Prime gives you free two-day shipping on any purchase at any price, access to tons of movies/television on their site, and other stuff too I bet.

Unfortunately, if preorder bonuses matter to you, gamestop tends to have the better things still. Amazon, bestbuy, walmart, and target tend to get their own stuff at times, but gamestop monopolizes it for the most part.
Last edited by Typographenia on 29 Jul 2011, edited 1 time in total.
Aerith Gainsborough

Oh, well, my email for Amazon is my personal one, not my student one, so I don't have a prime account, let alone heard about it. Haha.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

We already have several topics in existence about this same subject:
Pre-order bonuses
Pre-order at Amazon, get $10 off!

For shit's sake, half of you have posted in these other topics! Locking.