"New" horrible trailer, with ridicolous boss

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

Monster
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: "New" horrible trailer, with ridicolous boss

Post by Monster »

Isn't Samael proven to be fake anyway?
All the gods in Silent Hill are fake, being composites of people's ideas of god, so it doesnt matter what name you give it.
"Star Wars is like the thing that isn't remotely cool anymore but that nobody will stop talking about of my generation" -Me.
KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Post by KiramidHead »

^That's up to interpretation, but even if that's so, Samael is doubly fake as he's Dahlia's epic ass pull demon name.
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

Samuel, on the other hand, is real. I met him once. :)
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

KiramidHead wrote:^That's up to interpretation, but even if that's so, Samael is doubly fake as he's Dahlia's epic ass pull demon name.
^ That's what I meant. I think all the "gods" are christian demons the cult is pulling from hell, if only because I believe in demons and stuff like in Silent Hill is half within the realm of possibility because of my odd unique non-denominational Christian based faith. :P Most Christians will tell you demons exist all around us, I think you can't see them unless your'e under their influence or they let you, I'll shut up now. :P
And yes. Samuel is a very cool dude.
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

KageReneko wrote:You know, the giant monocle face also would make an awesome game over screen... Thew "Did you enjoy the ride Murphy" would be so cool like the evil laugh of Ganon in the game over screen of Zelda II: Adventure of Link...
Oh gosh, I hope that doesn't happen, hahaha. I would probably have nightmares of that face appearing when anything went wrong. "YOU DUN GOOFED, DID YOU ENJOY THE RIDE?"
Kenji wrote:Samuel, on the other hand, is real. I met him once. :)
Is he as tall in person as he looks in the pictures?
AdamMosh
Just Passing Through

Post by AdamMosh »

what do you expect? team behind Downpour doesn't understand Silent Hill at all they just want all the money they can get from Team Silent'creation.
death is in my blood
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

AdamMosh wrote:what do you expect? team behind Downpour doesn't understand Silent Hill at all they just want all the money they can get from Team Silent'creation.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

VenusDoom wrote:
KiramidHead wrote:^That's up to interpretation, but even if that's so, Samael is doubly fake as he's Dahlia's epic ass pull demon name.
^ That's what I meant. I think all the "gods" are christian demons the cult is pulling from hell, if only because I believe in demons and stuff like in Silent Hill is half within the realm of possibility because of my odd unique non-denominational Christian based faith. :P Most Christians will tell you demons exist all around us, I think you can't see them unless your'e under their influence or they let you, I'll shut up now. :P
And yes. Samuel is a very cool dude.
That's up to beliefs; I know of Christians who spread love and are truly spiritual people, while I also know of Christians who choose to spread hate and dogmatism and mainly focus on avoiding the devil, stating that they "love God" when in fact they fear their deity's wrath and being sent to hell while totally contradicting the main message of love and peace and discriminating all people not as holy as them. The latter is more common in my family, sadly. And yes, I'll shut up now as well (this is not the appropriate thread) :P
Monster
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Monster »

I would hate to find out that there is a serious supernatural presence in Silent Hill independent of people's minds. To me the only supernatural aspect of the town is that it blurs the line between mind and reality, and somehow preserves people's memories throughout time.
what do you expect? team behind Downpour doesn't understand Silent Hill at all they just want all the money they can get from Team Silent'creation.
I think that's a bit cynical, I mean I don't think they really get it either, but I don't think they're just trying to get money out of it. I believe that they are honestly trying, and that they are skilled artists.
"Star Wars is like the thing that isn't remotely cool anymore but that nobody will stop talking about of my generation" -Me.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Monster wrote:I would hate to find out that there is a serious supernatural presence in Silent Hill independent of people's minds. To me the only supernatural aspect of the town is that it blurs the line between mind and reality, and somehow preserves people's memories throughout time.
It's already been stated that there was some form of Native American supernatural influence.
Last edited by Yuki on 23 Sep 2011, edited 1 time in total.
Monster
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Monster »

^That doesn't mean that they weren't just experiencing the same phenomenon in a different way. They were probably more in tune with it and thus didn't experience it like modern folks do. Then Alessa came along, who had certain mental properties which amplified the phenomenon further. What people experience in SIlent Hill I think is like echos of people's minds that accumulate over time, sort of like The Shining, which is undoubtably an influence to Silent Hill. It's implied in the Shining as well, that it's not necessarily literal ghosts that haunt the Overlook, but memories. The word memory is often used in the Silent Hill series.
Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nillin »

AdamMosh wrote:what do you expect? team behind Downpour doesn't understand Silent Hill at all they just want all the money they can get from Team Silent'creation.
Team Silent...

Yes, surely you know what Silent Hill is all about. :o
I once was lost, but am now profound.
Hydra666
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Hydra666 »

KOM T MOSH Image

Osef de ta vie Image

+ " HURR silent hill iz dead please team silent we miss you come back, otherwise I will kill myself, team silent foreveeeer Image DURRR"
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Seen all your other posts. So when did you pick up trolling as a hobby?
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by thy_butcher »

I'm not an internet person. Anyone care to explain what trolling is? It'd be appreciated. I only have a rough idea... :|
Falconv1.0
Gravedigger

Post by Falconv1.0 »

2 things

1.) Google, use it more.

2.) Trolling is basically is basically the act of saying shit to purposely get people all raeg mode and whatnot.
Your weaboo is showing
VIVIsect

Post by VIVIsect »

thy_butcher wrote:I'm not an internet person. Anyone care to explain what trolling is? It'd be appreciated. I only have a rough idea... :|
Basically, idiot kids thinking they're being witty and edgy by saying/doing shit that is neither witty nor edgy.

Little hooligans. With their hip-hop cassettes and Nintendo.
nobody is anybody
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

Just wanted to ask (and potentially get this thread back on topic)...

People keep mentioning a 'monocle face', but I haven't seen any such face in the KoRn music trailer? Is there a different trailer I am missing?
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

DistantJ wrote:Just wanted to ask (and potentially get this thread back on topic)...

People keep mentioning a 'monocle face', but I haven't seen any such face in the KoRn music trailer? Is there a different trailer I am missing?
Here's the trailer in question. The face is around the 1 minute mark.
Falconv1.0
Gravedigger

Post by Falconv1.0 »

Soulless-Shadow wrote:
DistantJ wrote:Just wanted to ask (and potentially get this thread back on topic)...

Here's the trailer in question. The face is around the 1 minute mark.
It's literally the stupidest thing I think I've seen any Silent Hill team do ever, I really don't know how people manage to stay so positive when the devs have proven they're insane enough to actually model, texture, animate, and give a fucking voice to that thing. I'm not trolling, seriously, that shit really hurt my hopes for this game.
Your weaboo is showing