"New" horrible trailer, with ridicolous boss

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

Number 7
Brookhaven Receptionist

Re: "New" horrible trailer, with ridicolous boss

Post by Number 7 »

Just look at how many people in this thread hate the monocle. I'd say that shows a definite fear of monocles.
"He's underground now. His new name is Number Seven."
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

^More like a dislike because it's stupid than fear.
19pack
Just Passing Through

Post by 19pack »

Hmmmmm I wonder: If, like any sane person they HAVE now scrapped monocle-stretched-skin-face, that the 3D model and voice doesn't go to waste and be used in an additional joke ending? I always thought it would be good to have more than just one joke ending per game, and using this would be a good show of faith/humility.

Oh, and:

Piramit Kafa
Just Passing Through

Post by Piramit Kafa »

^^Ahahaha. Moisturise me. Yes, I can only accept that thing as a joke ending. And how I would laugh at it.
There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

That's actually the first thing I thought about when I seen that monocle boss guy hah
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

The KoRn song I like but it's pretty standard KoRn... I thought they'd do better than this for such an interesting series. Oh well. :(

I would say game good, trailer bad... I think the trailer (and song) misrepresents Tom Waltz' tone of story, but then trailers do that. They want to bring in the people who aren't already buying it because of the name on the cover, by convincing them it'll be an assault on the senses. The previous trailers and gameplay clips looked a hell of a lot better to me.

Gas mask guy was lame, I like those guys in the movies but they seem really boring in the game when you could have had cool monsters and everything.

Still looking forward to the game; if it's coming along as poorly as IGN's preview claimed, the delay until 2012 is a good thing. I still can't help but think some of the awkwardness comes from listening to the fans though, so many people on this forum talk as if they WANT bad controls and dated survival horror mechanics, I remember people actually wishing for old style clunky combat and fixed camera and these are some of the things the IGN article complain about.

Honestly, give me Homecoming with a good story and a basic understanding of subtlety and I'm happy.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Did I see miner suits AGAIN??
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

19pack wrote:Hmmmmm I wonder: If, like any sane person they HAVE now scrapped monocle-stretched-skin-face, that the 3D model and voice doesn't go to waste and be used in an additional joke ending? I always thought it would be good to have more than just one joke ending per game, and using this would be a good show of faith/humility.

Oh, and:

WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT?!

Anyway. That being said, I think the game looks pretty damn good. The monocle boss is a bit of an odd fit for Silent Hill, but I'll wait and see any symbolism before I judge.
Piramit Kafa
Just Passing Through

Post by Piramit Kafa »

To me, no symbolic reason could be an excuse for that thing. I wouldn't wanna see a giant ass just because the character was an asshole in his youth.
There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.
SGTCOOL
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SGTCOOL »

Yeah another dude in a miner suit...So yeah this Silent Hill Homecoming 2: Redemption ZX is looking pretty sweet, huh?
VIVIsect

Post by VIVIsect »

Piramit Kafa wrote:To me, no symbolic reason could be an excuse for that thing.
As a boy, little Murphy Pendleton suffered poor sight in his left eye. The doctors referred to Murphy's condition as "Amblyopia", though Murphy often secretly regretted having not taken his mother's "stop or you'll go blind" advice seriously! Murphy's parents were quite poor, so corrective surgery was definitely out of the question. And so, little Murphy was forced to wear an old monocle, which had been passed down from great grandaddy Pendleton.

Of course, this made poor Murphy a prime target for the mean little children at school. "There goes Mr. Peanut-Pendleton", the children would often say. One particular nasty little boy would approach Murphy every day at lunch and, while poorly imitating a British accent and holding a small box of chocolate milk, lift his pinky finger and ask "Care for a spot of tea, Gov'na?". And, oh. How the children would laugh. They were relentless in their constant mockery.

As the years went by, Murphy became determined to rid himself of the monocle which had caused him so much distress. Corrective surgery had become a nightly dream for the young man. "Two good peepers and a feathered haircut is all I need, man", Murphy would often say to himself while gazing up at the stars.

Of course, money was still an issue. And eventually Murphy turned to petty crime as a means to finance the surgery he so desperately wanted. "The ends justifies the means, dude" he would often tell himself. "As soon as I get my surgery, I'll give up this life of crime", he would say to his poor, brokenhearted mother.

Eventually, Murphy was able to come up with the money he needed for his operation. "Oh, what a glorious day", Murphy said to himself as he walked into the doctor's building. Victoriously, he proceeded to the front desk of one of the offices. Murphy cracked a smile and plopped down a dirty old sock full of nickels, a few rolls of pennies, and a hand full of crumpled up bills. "Let's do this", he said to the bewildered receptionist.

"Sir, this is the gynecologist's office", the woman said.

"Oh... I'm looking for an optometrist", Murphy replied.

"Down the hall, to the right".

"Thanks".

And on that day, Murphy's vision was restored. Eager to view the world without the cursed monocle that had been a constant source of pain and humiliation for so many years, Murphy ran through the halls of the doctor's building like a madman, nearly knocking down an old woman in the process! But, in a cruel twist of fate, as Murphy threw open the lobby doors to bask in the wondrous sunlight, 10 police cars tore into the parking lot. Murphy Pendleton was promptly arrested for all the crimes he had committed.

Yes, Murphy gained his sight on that day, but it cost him... his freedom.
Last edited by VIVIsect on 16 Sep 2011, edited 2 times in total.
nobody is anybody
Yoshata
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Yoshata »

^^
You are...amazing. One of the best things I've read today. :lol:
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

VIVIsect wrote:
Piramit Kafa wrote:To me, no symbolic reason could be an excuse for that thing.
As a boy, little Murphy Pendleton suffered poor sight in his left eye. The doctors referred to Murphy's condition as "Amblyopia", though Murphy often secretly regretted having not taken his mother's "stop or you'll go blind" advice seriously! Murphy's parents were quite poor, so corrective surgery was definitely out of the question. And so, little Murphy was forced to wear an old monocle, which had been passed down from great grandaddy Pendleton.

Of course, this made poor Murphy a prime target for the mean little children at school. "There goes Mr. Peanut-Pendleton", the children would often say. One particular nasty little boy would approach Murphy every day at lunch and, while poorly imitating a British accent and holding a small box of chocolate milk, lift his pinky finger and ask "Care for a spot of tea, Gov'na?". And, oh. How the children would laugh. They were relentless in their constant mockery.

As the years went by, Murphy became determined to rid himself of the monocle which had caused him so much distress. Corrective surgery had become a nightly dream for the young man. "Two good peepers and a feathered haircut is all I need, man", Murphy would often say to himself while gazing up at the stars.

Of course, money was still an issue. And eventually Murphy turned to petty crime as a means to finance the surgery he so desperately wanted. "The ends justifies the means, dude" he would often tell himself. "As soon as I get my surgery, I'll give up this life of crime", he would say to his poor, brokenhearted mother.

Eventually, Murphy was able to come up with the money he needed for his operation. "Oh, what a glorious day", Murphy said to himself as he walked into the doctor's building. Victoriously, he proceeded to the front desk of one of the offices. Murphy cracked a smile and plopped down a dirty old sock full of nickels, a few rolls of pennies, and a hand full of crumpled up bills. "Let's do this", he said to the bewildered receptionist.

"Sir, this is the gynecologist's office", the woman said.

"Oh... I'm looking for an optometrist", Murphy replied.

"Down the hall, to the right".

"Thanks".

And on that day, Murphy's vision was restored. Eager to view the world without the cursed monocle that had been a constant source of pain and humiliation for so many years, Murphy ran through the halls of the doctor's building like a madman, nearly knocking down an old woman in the process! But, in a cruel twist of fate, as Murphy threw open the lobby doors to bask in the wondrous sunlight, 10 police cars tore into the parking lot. Murphy Pendleton was promptly arrested for all the crimes he had committed.

Yes, Murphy gained his sight on that day, but it cost him... his freedom.
That was awesome. :lol:
Piramit Kafa wrote:To me, no symbolic reason could be an excuse for that thing. I wouldn't wanna see a giant ass just because the character was an asshole in his youth.
So, no goatse monster then?

Was it just me, or did the giant monocle almost look like a window? I was trying to look through to see if there was anything interesting there (maybe a less lame looking boss).
Falconv1.0
Gravedigger

Post by Falconv1.0 »

SGTCOOL wrote:Even the official e3 demos are kinda embarrassing, what with the seemingly unplayable combat system and all. I just can't imagine the game ending up being very good. And when did Brian Gomez joining the team mean it could be a good game? His track record would indicate that this game should suck, right?
Yeah I'm with you on that, the instant I heard he was involved I cringed a bit.

When is Konami going to hand Silent Hill to a team with an actual proven track record of making good games? Oh right, never, because it's cheaper to just toss it at a fairly unknown group.

*sigh
Your weaboo is showing
DeSilva
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by DeSilva »

This trailer is another indication of Silent HIlls death and we should all abandon ship before we loose $60.

May Samael have mercy on those who go down with the ship.

******** EDIT: Kiramid Head Demands all misspellings corrected *******
Last edited by DeSilva on 18 Sep 2011, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye Silent HIll!
(Please Mr. Admin, banish me)
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Close but no cigar. It's "Samael," not "Samuel." Trolling fail.
DeSilva
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by DeSilva »

KiramidHead wrote:Close but no cigar. It's "Samael," not "Samuel." Trolling fail.
No trolling here, I will go back and edit the post to meet your requirements ma'am. Sorry for the Inconvenience, I know how you are about these things. Not everybody can read over a misplaced finger on a keyboard.
Everybody can return to their daily routine, problem is resolved. Kiramid Head will feel better as soon as I edit that last one.
Goodbye Silent HIll!
(Please Mr. Admin, banish me)
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Brad that was awesome. You sir, are a legend of the board. :lol:
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

You know, the giant monocle face also would make an awesome game over screen... Thew "Did you enjoy the ride Murphy" would be so cool like the evil laugh of Ganon in the game over screen of Zelda II: Adventure of Link...
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

DeSilva wrote:This trailer is another indication of Silent HIlls death and we should all abandon ship before we loose $60.

May Samael have mercy on those who go down with the ship.

******** EDIT: Kiramid Head Demands all misspellings corrected *******
Isn't Samael proven to be fake anyway? The only time he/it makes an appearance is in the shitty comics...
May METATRON have mercy upon you my friend. ;P (About to be bitch slapped by people who actually understand that canon/noncanon seal gobbleygook)
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.