Search FAQ

Login | Register


All times are UTC [ DST ]


It is currently 26 May 2018




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message

Gravedigger
 Post subject: Re: "New" horrible trailer, with ridicolous boss
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 27 Sep 2009
Notes left: 491
Team Silent's reusage of a humanoid monster is a little less jarring than a much more distinct style of the armless man spitting poison, although I do see your point, although I don't think that was his argument. I

That being said, it was fucking stupid when they reused the Nurse in Homecoming, arguably worse, in SH3 it fits. Where in 4 do they reuse any monster other than the dog, which, btw, looks incredibly generic in 4, course 4 is my least liked Team Silent game so let's not pretend I'm defending that. That being said, it's a dog, that's more of an accepted staple of these games. In Homecoming they have Nurses, an armless man, AND DOGS.

_________________
Your weaboo is showing


Top
   
 

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject: Re: "New" horrible trailer, with ridicolous boss
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 26 Mar 2008
Notes left: 978
Last seen at: texas
the nurses are the only one i think that makes a difference and could have been left out of the game and such but he did stay at the Hospital so they kinda make sense and i guess they could have left the dog out but like you said the dog could be considered staple in the franchise considering that almost all of them have a dog

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject: Re: "New" horrible trailer, with ridicolous boss
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 27 Sep 2009
Notes left: 491
He was at an insane asylum, how does that equal sexy nurses with a fetus in them, which, btw, are almost complete rip offs of the movie nurse.

_________________
Your weaboo is showing


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject: Re: "New" horrible trailer, with ridicolous boss
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 16 Sep 2009
Notes left: 274
One theory that would have made sense is that Alex is a closeted homosexual. Honestly the game would have made much more sense if Alex was gay and got kicked out of the military due to don't ask don't tell. Would have been a lot better twist that "OH NOES I KILLED MAH BROTHER AND I'VE BEEN CRAZY THE WHOLE TIME!"

Anyway I'm starting to get off topic.


Last edited by Apocali on 27 Sep 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: "New" horrible trailer, with ridicolous boss
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11379
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Because insane asylums have nurses and that gave him a boner and the fetus represents Josh.

Closeted homosexuality would've been better.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: "New" horrible trailer, with ridicolous boss
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 26 Mar 2010
Notes left: 1875
Last seen at: Los Angeles
Falconv1.0 wrote:
He was at an insane asylum, how does that equal sexy nurses with a fetus in them, which, btw, are almost complete rip offs of the movie nurse.

Maybe it was supposed to be something with the parent-child relationship?

[Reveal] Spoiler:
The parents are supposed to protect, love, and raise their children (like a nurse is supposed to take care of newborns), but the parents treat it with some kind of clinical coldness because they're aware of the fates they have. The nurses (parents) don't look or behave like a normal parent should, yet the newborn is at their mercy, being trapped by the parents' duties.


[Reveal] Spoiler:
Also, I'm just talking out of my butt. Why not?


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject: Re: "New" horrible trailer, with ridicolous boss
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 30 Aug 2010
Notes left: 197
Quote:
Where in 4 do they reuse any monster other than the dog, which, btw, looks incredibly generic in 4,


I actually liked what they did with the dog at least design wise in 4. The AI was stupid but it looked like something I'd had a nightmare about when I was a kid.

For that matter I liked many of the designs in 4, I just think they were used very poorly. Even the gum heads (monkey guys) were cool, I like how they had eyeless fake heads bobbing on top of their real heads. Sort of like another thing I once had a nightmare about. 4 was odd among SH games but the overall design was faithful to the series in that it meshed drab realism with nightmare surrealism.(They just needed to turn the friggin lights off!) That dreamlike quality is important to me, because I think we subconsciously understand the threat of something tangible that follows real world logic, and something that attacks from within the mind and thus is not contained by logic, and is alot harder to escape from since it goes wherever your brain goes.

_________________
"Star Wars is like the thing that isn't remotely cool anymore but that nobody will stop talking about of my generation" -Me.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: "New" horrible trailer, with ridicolous boss
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 12 Feb 2009
Notes left: 7979
Last seen at: Nowhere
Quote:
In Homecoming they have Nurses, an armless man, AND DOGS.

What about the new and interesting monsters like the Schisms and the Siams? Nobody talks about these.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: "New" horrible trailer, with ridicolous boss
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Jun 2009
Notes left: 2881
^Rule #1 for some of this fanbase: if a few things are reused, then any original content sucks too. Sad, but true.

_________________
It's not that far.

Screenplay Archaeology Podcast - ALIEN 3 EPISODE IS UP!


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject: Re: "New" horrible trailer, with ridicolous boss
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 27 Sep 2009
Notes left: 491
KiramidHead wrote:
^Rule #1 for some of this fanbase: if a few things are reused, then any original content sucks too. Sad, but true.


I was explaining to him why people bitch more about Homecoming, don't put fucking words in my mouth. There are quite a few reasons when it comes to why I dislike Homecoming and almost none of them have shit to do with the monster designs.

@Mephisto: I do realize that there were new monsters, I'm not the one saying shit like the Smog was the dumbest thing ever because it wasn't very original or whatever the fuck. I did not like them for the most part but that's my personal thing.

_________________
Your weaboo is showing


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: "New" horrible trailer, with ridicolous boss
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Jun 2009
Notes left: 2881
I wasn't putting words in anyone's mouth. I was just responding to their post. I wasn't thinking of anyone in particular, either when I made those remarks.

_________________
It's not that far.

Screenplay Archaeology Podcast - ALIEN 3 EPISODE IS UP!


Top
   
 

Subway Guard
 Post subject: Re: "New" horrible trailer, with ridicolous boss
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 02 Aug 2005
Notes left: 1513
Last seen at: Colombia
Mephisto wrote:
Quote:
In Homecoming they have Nurses, an armless man, AND DOGS.

What about the new and interesting monsters like the Schisms and the Siams? Nobody talks about these.


Siams are pretty cool and scary, the Schims are more annoying than anything... About the appearance; they still being giant peeled bananas...


Top
   
 

Subway Guard
 Post subject: Re: "New" horrible trailer, with ridicolous boss
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 20 Jul 2004
Notes left: 1538
Last seen at: VA
"One theory that would have made sense is that Alex is a closeted homosexual. Honestly the game would have made much more sense if Alex was gay and got kicked out of the military due to don't ask don't tell. Would have been a lot better twist that "OH NOES I KILLED MAH BROTHER AND I'VE BEEN CRAZY THE WHOLE TIME!"

that seems so fucking lame imo. i don't see how "oh, i'm actually gay but forgot that i was gay and got booted from the military" is a better twist than what we were given in Homecoming. Also, i still view the pact, and the sacrifices as the main twist in Homecoming.

as far as Homecoming, i actually liked the monster designs, except for the ferals. they were kinda meh.

the only monsters i liked in SH4 were the twin faces, or whatever they were called.


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject: Re: "New" horrible trailer, with ridicolous boss
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 16 Sep 2009
Notes left: 274
Skele wrote:
that seems so fucking lame imo. i don't see how "oh, i'm actually gay but forgot that i was gay and got booted from the military" is a better twist than what we were given in Homecoming. Also, i still view the pact, and the sacrifices as the main twist in Homecoming.
.
When did I ever say he forgot? He wouldn't have to, it would just be slowly revealed to the player over the course of the game. I wouldn't expect to be this huge revelation that completely changes the game, just a part of his character that would bring the story into perspective,

Plus as I said, Homecoming would make better sense in some ways because of that. It would make more sense that he got kicked out of the military and everyone knows why but they don't say anything instead of nobody questioning why the escaped asylum inmate is masquerading as a soldier. And the inclusion of the sexy nurses, Siam, and Schism would make more symbolic sense seeing is that they could represent his closeted homosexuality and the overly macho facade he may have had to put on to avoid suspicion. It would also make a bit more sense why Adam dislikes his son so much and a possible reason Alex was chosen to be the sacrifice, Adam may have considered Alex to be a disgrace, considering he's a soldier from an old, small conservative town.


Top
   
 

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject: Re: "New" horrible trailer, with ridicolous boss
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 30 Mar 2009
Notes left: 1081
Last seen at: North of The Wall
^Adam doesn't dislike Alex, he loves him, he just distances himself because he knows what has to be done,
[Reveal] Spoiler:
it's not Josh dying that screws up the ritual, it's Adam not sacrificing Alex.

_________________
Too cold to start a fire
I'm burning diesel, burning dinosaur bones
I'll take the river down to still water
And ride a pack of dogs


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: "New" horrible trailer, with ridicolous boss
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Jun 2009
Notes left: 2881
^It doesn't help that
[Reveal] Spoiler:
the Shepherd family's duly assigned method of sacrifice is drowning, which is exactly what happened to Josh.

_________________
It's not that far.

Screenplay Archaeology Podcast - ALIEN 3 EPISODE IS UP!


Top
   
 

Subway Guard
 Post subject: Re: "New" horrible trailer, with ridicolous boss
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 20 Jul 2004
Notes left: 1538
Last seen at: VA
Quote:
When did I ever say he forgot? He wouldn't have to, it would just be slowly revealed to the player over the course of the game. I wouldn't expect to be this huge revelation that completely changes the game, just a part of his character that would bring the story into perspective,

Plus as I said, Homecoming would make better sense in some ways because of that. It would make more sense that he got kicked out of the military and everyone knows why but they don't say anything instead of nobody questioning why the escaped asylum inmate is masquerading as a soldier. And the inclusion of the sexy nurses, Siam, and Schism would make more symbolic sense seeing is that they could represent his closeted homosexuality and the overly macho facade he may have had to put on to avoid suspicion. It would also make a bit more sense why Adam dislikes his son so much and a possible reason Alex was chosen to be the sacrifice, Adam may have considered Alex to be a disgrace, considering he's a soldier from an old, small conservative town.


i still think it's silly, and if you go that route, then you have to change the story around completely. Alex was treated like trash cos they knew he was going to be sacrificed. he was always going to be the sacrifice, and it's why they had tried so hard to concieve Josh. it totally makes sense as to why he had such a crappy upbringing, and why we're lead to believe Adam dislikes Alex, and it's cos they didn't want to feel any attachment once they did what they had to do. In truth, Adam doesn't dislike Alex at all, he actually loves him very much but he has his responsiblities, and the fact that he didn't sacrifice him after he screwed things up just shows how much he cares for Alex.

changing things around to make it so that he was supposed to be sacrificed cos he was gay, and booted from the military is just stupid imo. you do that and you have to change so many things around like the time when Josh dies, making it so that Alex was actually in the military, Alex's upbringing, why Alex isn't fond of his parents, Josh being the "chosen one", etc. plus, if we go that route we make it seem like Adam was going to make a last minute decision on who to pick, and go "eeny meeny minie mo, i sacrifice you!", but once he found out his son was gay he was like "well, this made things a lot easier."


Top
   
 

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject: Re: "New" horrible trailer, with ridicolous boss
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 26 Mar 2008
Notes left: 978
Last seen at: texas
when did this become a homecoming thread, mind you i do like homecoming lol but i thought we were talking about the trailer lol and speaking of which i think the face monster is not in the final game i just dont see it happening after seeing the 40 min video of the game

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: "New" horrible trailer, with ridicolous boss
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 05 Jul 2010
Notes left: 3339
Last seen at: Kentucky
Please stay on topic, guys, like Andi said. If you want to talk about theories, you need to do so in the Homecoming thread, not in this one.

_________________
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.


Top
   
 

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject: Re: "New" horrible trailer, with ridicolous boss
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 18 Apr 2009
Notes left: 1399
I liked the face but it's voice is cheesy, heh.

_________________
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron