TGS TRAilLER (coming soon) and KORN SONG (in the topic)

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

The_Journeyman
Just Passing Through

TGS TRAilLER (coming soon) and KORN SONG (in the topic)

Post by The_Journeyman »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7ieftX3 ... r_embedded

A tgs trailer will be up soon.

The theme fits well. Nothing to worry about.
VIVIsect
Historical Society Historian

Re: TGS TRAilLER (coming soon) and KORN SONG (in the topic)

Post by VIVIsect »

Pretty much exactly what I expected since it was announced that Korn would be performing the theme.

It's Korn... being Korn. Meh.
nobody is anybody
ebolasupermonky
Just Passing Through

Post by ebolasupermonky »

It sounds ok, maybe it'll grow on me like Evolution. I was kinda hoping for something a little heavier though.
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.
If you agree, add it to your sig.
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

I thought it was okay until the singing kicked in.
Really not feeling it at all, unfortunately. It could be a LOT worse, but it's just so... bleh.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
CLOSE MY EYES AND GO TO SLEEP HE'S ALWAYS THERE I START TO WEEP.
dr bones
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by dr bones »

Song is fine.
Stock footage scream is inexcusably bad.
1:50 Is that the same scream from Joseph's nightmare in SH4, at the very beginning?

Terrible. How hard is it to get a scream from an actual voice actor, instead of copping out and using the cheesiest, most overused scream in history?
"Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame."
"The lies and the mist are not they but I. You all know that I am One. Yes, and the One is I."
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

the song sounded fine to me
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

I prefer Mary's vocals in general, but I don't mind it all that much. Sounds like an up-tempo theme from the series, and it lacks any metal-growling. I wouldn't listen to the song by itself, but it's not bad.

EDIT: there's a slight shout at 1:50, but the loud screeching I hear is tires, not a stock scream.
dr bones
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by dr bones »

The scream is after the tire screeching, I guess it's maybe a second after 1:50. I was over exaggerating a little for sake of humor, but seriously that scream is so over-used in horror movies and games, it really does bother me.
"Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame."
"The lies and the mist are not they but I. You all know that I am One. Yes, and the One is I."
VIVIsect

Post by VIVIsect »

It's a stock scream. It's been used almost as much as the The Wilhelm Scream, or the Howie Long Scream.

I don't know the name of it, but I could probably find it.
nobody is anybody
Dragonforce1080p
Just Passing Through

Post by Dragonforce1080p »

Video is up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6A2M1An ... r_embedded

I liked the trailer, the song is ok. But altogether, It got my blood pumping. Looks so interesting and epic. Cannot wait to see what the story is like. WOOOO. I think i noticed some twitchy monsters not sure though. Cinderblock man is creepy walking through the jail all dark and stuff.
My VGM inspired pieces :)
♫ youtube.com/terran236 ♪
dr bones
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by dr bones »

^Thanks for that, trailer looks great. Seems like they'll be showing a pretty good amount of the prison Murphy was in. Also, I'm starting to get the impression that "Hammer Guy" is going to be something along the lines of Valtiel, Pyramid Head, Butcher, etc.
bluemug7
Just Passing Through

Post by bluemug7 »

Meh, it sounds exactly like I expected it to. Might have been fine if it weren't for the vocals. As long as it's not in a cutscene and I can skip it, I don't mind.

Thanks for posting the trailer. I'm really intrigued by the person (or is it a monster ?) in the wheelchair at 0:30.
Last edited by bluemug7 on 15 Sep 2011, edited 2 times in total.
CodenameJ
Just Passing Through

Post by CodenameJ »

Apparently the game has been delayed to 2012, as stated both at the end of the trailer and on Amazon.
Piramit Kafa
Just Passing Through

Post by Piramit Kafa »

I didn't like the song, no surprise there. Trailer looks like it belongs to a new action adventure game inspired from Resident Evil and Alan Wake. Nothing scary or disturbing.
There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.
CeetjeBeetje
Just Passing Through

Post by CeetjeBeetje »

No, no, no. They got this all wrong.
This trailer is really horrible. This isn't Silent Hill, this looks like it has more action than Modern Warfare 3. Okay, that's not true of course. But this trailer is packed with fast flashy images of action based scenes. Like Kafa said: It looks like an action adventure game. I am not liking this at all.
And the Korn music just makes it worse, but they probably won't put that in the game itself. We're all hoping that they won't at least.
Ofcourse I'll have to play it first before I can give an honest opinion, but this stuff is really not what I'm looking for in a Silent Hill game.
'Ahh!'
'Shouldn't you be at work?'
'Yes sir, Mr. Burns.'
'Well then. Go back to work, wherever it is you work, whoever you are.'
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

Trailer is average, Korn song is poor and 2012 delay is annoying. Did like the look of that nun character though.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
delusion
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by delusion »

Terrible. This team doesn't know what Silent Hill is about.
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

Meh it's an okay song, the trailer felt like more of a fan video on Youtube than a trailer, interesting though
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

Meh, the video itself plays like a really bland fan-made video because of the song. It just doesn't feel like it fits to me. Maybe if the audio were removed and only the rest was left...
Either way, footage looks alright, and I'm optimistic about the game.
edit:haha, redrum you read my mind./edit

dr bones wrote:Also, I'm starting to get the impression that "Hammer Guy" is going to be something along the lines of Valtiel, Pyramid Head, Butcher, etc.
Which I don't really have a problem with. Most video games revolve around a central protagonist and antagonist, so nothing new here.

Also, I'm sad to see people not liking the use of the stock screams. It's a long running tradition to use them, and it always puts a smile on my face. Heck, even Lord of the Rings uses some of the stock screams listed.
CodenameJ wrote:Apparently the game has been delayed to 2012, as stated both at the end of the trailer and on Amazon.
Are we sure it's a universal delay or simply the date for the japanese localization release? I mean, this is from Tokyo Game Show, after all.
If it is universally delay, good. I would much rather have them release a better product than trying to rush for the halloween date.

edit 2:
CeetjeBeetje wrote:No, no, no. They got this all wrong.
This trailer is really horrible. This isn't Silent Hill, this looks like it has more action than Modern Warfare 3. Okay, that's not true of course. But this trailer is packed with fast flashy images of action based scenes. Like Kafa said: It looks like an action adventure game. I am not liking this at all.
And the Korn music just makes it worse, but they probably won't put that in the game itself. We're all hoping that they won't at least.
I'd like to see you edit together a trailer for this game with the rules of "use this footage and have this korn song playing in the background." I mean, it almost has to lean to that type of marketing with that song playing, but probably also because they haven't shown as much of the combat and stuff in their other trailers. The other trailers released so far have definitely focused more on cutscenes and exploration.

Also, I really doubt the song not showing up at least somewhere in the game. You don't contract out a band to only use their work for a trailer at a japanese gaming press event.
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

The Korn song is only being used for the attract mode (only seen when you're idle for too long) I reckon this will be the actual attract mode too.

Perhaps the song will fit more when we have higher quality audio and video.