IGN - "Silent Hill: Downpour Needs More Work"

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

Yuki
Historical Society Historian

Re: IGN - "Silent Hill: Downpour Needs More Work"

Post by Yuki »

Apocali wrote:I hope this ain't true, because on one hand if it ends up being a twist its ripping off 2 and Homecoming, if its not a twist and its established early on then its pretty much the basic plot of The Suffering.
I believe it has been stated that the reason he is in prison is not why he's in Silent Hill. He committed a crime; that's not a hidden twist.

Tabris wrote:I'm at the point where I'm not taking any release date seriously until it is a 100% confirmed. But I've also seen that before and it'd be changed last minute. Or with Origins, I'd have to wait another month anyways because my EBGames has its head up its ass sometimes.

I've seen October tons of times, Winter 2011 (so we have roughly dec 21-31? lolz). Now 2012 which might just be a japanese release date.

I'm with most of the people here though. I don't care if its delayed, I just want as solid game as I want. Release it in 2013 for all I care hah
I second this. There's no point in listening to random speculated release dates from retailers, because far too often they just say HEY LET'S PUT A DATE SO WE CAN GET PREORDER MONEY.

(Also, regarding Winter 2011... is the fiscal winter any different from actual winter?)
AdamMosh
Just Passing Through

Post by AdamMosh »

this game must not be delayed but cancelled.
death is in my blood
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

^ They wouldn't cancel a game this late into production, after it hits 50% it's kinda a terrible idea to cancel it and a huge financial loss. Once it hits 30% they tend to release the first screen shots and at 40% the first trailer, and at 90% the demo or beta. After all, we're dealing with konami, not capcom :P
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

you really want them to cancel the whole game what negativity i am actually looking forward to this game
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to Downpour much but it would be kinda crazy not to release it considering how far it is into development.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.