[Seriously] I think I know the final twist

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Re: [Seriously] I think I know the final twist

Post by Nillin »

govedo989 wrote:How the hell could anyone think that i was serious?but i do think that story would consist of amnesia since producers favorite game is sh 2 and he consider sh 1/3 to have to much "convoluted" story!And also tom hullet was part of 3 games that have amnesia as a plot device and this will be fourth one(in my opinion)
Wasn't is explicitly stated that there would be no amnesia?

Also, Shattered Memories didn't use amnesia as a plot device. There's a big difference between forgetting someone is dead and refusing to believe they are.
I once was lost, but am now profound.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

How the hell could anyone think that i was serious?
Because we can't hear your voice and thus can't evaluate your tone. You also have poor typing habits and it's hard to deduce some of what you are trying to tell us, much less whether or not you mean it.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

Origins didn't really use amnesia as a plot device, either.

Silent Hill 2 and Homecoming use amnesia to conceal something the character has done, and the lack of recall is vital to preserving the secret until the narrative is best served by revealing it. This is not the case in Origins. Travis displays no false memory, no made-up version of past events. Though he tells other people he has forgotten his past, this may very well just be his way of avoiding talking to other people about it, and I support this assertion by him stating that he wants to forget, after fighting the boss representing his father (I think), but that his efforts have not been all that successful. There was never any surprise or denial from Travis when faced with these recollections, and he never acts as if he thought these things never happened. Travis may want to bury this metaphorical corpse, but he can't, so all he does is try to avoid acknowledging its presence.

To be honest, it's a much more honest and realistic approach to memory than the active deletion and re-writing we see Silent Hill 2 and Homecoming, because that kind of Hollywood Amnesia is, at best, extremely rare in real life. Travis' method of determined avoidance, however, is how many people cope with traumatic events. If you experience something very painful or unpleasant, it's likely that you will try to avoid thinking about it.

If the game did a better job of tying in his past with his present, it would be most proper to say that Origins is not about Travis remembering what he has forgotten, but about him facing those memories and coming to terms with them, rather than trying to bury them and ignore what effects they are (ostensibly) having on his life.
SilentRobert23
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SilentRobert23 »

Nillin wrote:
govedo989 wrote:How the hell could anyone think that i was serious?but i do think that story would consist of amnesia since producers favorite game is sh 2 and he consider sh 1/3 to have to much "convoluted" story!And also tom hullet was part of 3 games that have amnesia as a plot device and this will be fourth one(in my opinion)
Wasn't is explicitly stated that there would be no amnesia?

Also, Shattered Memories didn't use amnesia as a plot device. There's a big difference between forgetting someone is dead and refusing to believe they are.
I think it was, but I can't find a source for the first point.

Second, you're thinking of
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Cheryl
The dead person, Harry,
is the one suffering from amnesia about the unfortunate death of
himself
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Um, no.
Harry doesn't remember dying because the Harry we play as never died. He has no memories at all except that he loves his daughter. It's not amnesia, he never had any memories to begin with.
LeriSuccubus
Just Passing Through

Post by LeriSuccubus »

Cunningham is pissed off because one of the prisoners she is suppose to keep locked up is running away. If she didn't go after him, she could lose her job. She probably believes he's a bad and dangerous man.

If evidence is to be believed about the prison code being murder or assault of a child, it doesn't necessarily mean that he had to rape the kid. Besides, if he did, he probably wouldn't be in prison for very long without being murdered by other inmates (it's pretty common). Vatra says that he did commit a crime, and isn't falsely imprisoned. Maybe just child abuse? But where does revenge fit in with the crimes against children? Especially if he isn't falsely imprisoned
Shop smart, shop S-Mart.
FrankRD
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FrankRD »

Maybe he's just a kid who never met his parents and spent most of his childhood in an orphanage? He may have been abused there. At some point he must've escaped (or been adopted, which ever they choose), and then years later he either simply decided or felt obligated to take revenge on who ever was abusing him. Which made him end up in prison.

Although the parents angle was already touched upon in Origins (and if he is from an orphanage it will most likely be touched upon)...meh I don't think so. Oh well, it was worth the try.
Axel_98
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Axel_98 »

I'm thinking these "Screamers" are manifestations of his abusive mother which is why the screaming disorients him. Just a thought :3
~The Bird of Hermes is My Name; Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame~
PoemOfTheLastMoment
Gravedigger

Post by PoemOfTheLastMoment »

Axel_98 wrote:I'm thinking these "Screamers" are manifestations of his abusive mother which is why the screaming disorients him. Just a thought :3
They've been confirmed to be the spirits of the town in the 'Past Life' comics.at least that was what i remember of of the discussions they had on the forum..
Now I Know, The Real Reason Why I Came To This Town....I Wonder....What Was I Afraid Of? Without You..I've Got Nothing...Now, We Can Be Together Again.....Mary.....
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Cyrus Hanley
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Cyrus Hanley »

Murphy doesn't seem like the kind of guy to have had a wife and children. I don't doubt that he's killed people, possibly children, I just don't believe he has ever been a husband and father.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

And you're basing that on what, exactly? Because there's totally a lot of husbands and fathers who've chopped up kids in prison while being totally unable to wish harm on their own loved ones and family.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
LeriSuccubus
Just Passing Through

Post by LeriSuccubus »

Maybe he robbed a bank and a stray bullet from his gun hit a kid. Idk
Shop smart, shop S-Mart.
The SH Champion
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by The SH Champion »

Now that i read Hydra's guess, I really hope Hydra is wrong so that way the game will still be enjoyable. I also agree that Silent Hill 2 and Homecoming's ideas are overused in the series.

Also, VIVIsect has the creepiest avatar ever!!
"The Fear of Blood tends to create fear for the flesh."
-Silent Hill
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^It's already been said that his theory is wrong. It was already said by Tom Waltz.

Like I said, I kinda liked Hydra's theory; was a bit disappointed to hear it was wrong.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
Hydra666
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Hydra666 »

Sincerely, I think the scenario will be very deep. We've seen some pretty mysterious things in the trailers.
The SH Champion
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by The SH Champion »

Thank God he was wrong (no offense). It would ruin the whole game if Hydra was right.
"The Fear of Blood tends to create fear for the flesh."
-Silent Hill
ebolasupermonky
Just Passing Through

Post by ebolasupermonky »

Gosh i've been avoiding this thread like the plague. It's funny to come here now that i've finished the game and see how wrong and right some people were.
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.
If you agree, add it to your sig.
aj4x94

Post by aj4x94 »

ebolasupermonky wrote:Gosh i've been avoiding this thread like the plague. It's funny to come here now that i've finished the game and see how wrong and right some people were.
Well...
The Adversary's theory was spot on in two of the possible endings. I'm just so glad that the amnesia plotline wasn't used again.
You can take my heart
And hold it together as we fall apart
Maybe together we can make a mark in the stars we embark
And keep us together as the lights go dark
Elpea
Just Passing Through

Post by Elpea »

Someone actually got pretty close:
1.It's a story of revenge....
2.Murphy is a loving father who lost his wife giving birth to his only son.
3. His son is brutally raped and murdered by a paedophile...
4.Due to the nature of the legal system, the paedophile is acquitted...
5.Consumed by rage and hatred..he kills the paedophile in a horrific fashion..
6.The media labels him a monster and he is imprisoned for life...
7.Murphy is called into Silent Hill to come to terms with his wife and son's death as well as his own crime of murdering the man who killed his son...