Silent Hill Downpour Appreciation Thread

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

Axel_98
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Silent Hill Downpour Appreciation Thread

Post by Axel_98 »

There's too many people in every thread are already talking about how much they dislike the game. Lets not have that here. Positive thoughts and emotions only!

I'm really looking forward to the game and think that it's going to have a great story. I am also really liking the graphics and I already think this policewoman is going to be crazy insane.
~The Bird of Hermes is My Name; Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame~
KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Re: Silent Hill Downpour Appreciation Thread

Post by KiramidHead »

I'm also feeling very positive about this one. It looks like it could be fun, scary, and have a great story. Let's face it: the story is what 99% of us play SH for. I'm no different.
Falconv1.0
Gravedigger

Post by Falconv1.0 »

I've heard infinitely more praise for the atmosphere of Silent Hill than the story, jut putting that out there.

Seriously, ignore SH2 for one second and most of it is "lol evil cult doing evil stuff".

Edit-Derp forgot to add my 'positive input'. I like some of the ideas they have like how weapons and the difficulty should work. Also the fact that he uses his lighter like an improv flashlight seems like a nice touch to me. As long as the gameplay isn't like SH2's level of awkward and more AT LEAST around SH3's which in my opinion had much more interesting monsters combat wise I think I'll be able to manage.
Your weaboo is showing
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

i think the game will be good and i am gonna be a day one buyer and such so i am looking forward to it i like alot of the ideas they have had with this game and i hoping it is a long game i dont wanna finish it in two days and the side missions give me hope of that :D
SilentRobert23
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SilentRobert23 »

I think the game will be of whatever quality the game ends up being. Sue me.
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

It is difficult for me to really appreciate the game when I've yet to play it.

I am hopeful, though.
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

It might be good. I would sure like it to be good. Especially if it does something other than the "Somebody died and I blame myself, but I forgot about it!" plot.

Dunno if I'll preorder, this time. That partly depends on my financial situation and whether any preorder goodies are offered. If I don't, it'll be the first Silent Hill since SH3 I haven't preordered.
VIVIsect

Post by VIVIsect »

This thread is silly.

Anyhoo, It's going to be Homecoming II, and I'm probably not going to waste my time/money on it.
nobody is anybody
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

VIVIsect wrote:This thread is silly.

Anyhoo, It's going to be Homecoming II, and I'm probably not going to waste my time/money on it.
You took the words out of my mouth, Sir Brad.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by thy_butcher »

I thought this was an appreciation thread... anywho...
1. I like the concept. The rain being a key feature.
2. From what we have heard and seen, I am really liking the characters. Their looks, voices, dialogue.
3. I think the premise is great. Murphy is the first person to really be forced into SH. He is a prisoner. And the way the guards are acting towards him, I Assume a dangerous one.
4. I am excited about the setting. A new, previously unseen part of the town. From all of the footage We can see how everything is so ruined by time. Before in SH, we always saw places that seemed well kept. In DP, everything is an eerie wasteland.
5. The art direction is great. A creepy yet beautiful color palette perfectly compliments the admirable detail.
6. I am digging the breakable weapons. Combat should be tense. It isnt combat oriented, but it is definitely there. Combat looks better than older games, but not as 'advanced' as HC, which IMO is perfect.
7. I love the Screamers. They give me chills. I cant wait for DP
Yoshata
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Yoshata »

I love how the game is turning out to look, and I can't wait to play it. I love Shattered Memories, so I feel truly optimistic that this game won't be something I dislike.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

I have to wonder, if you people are so down on this game, why are you posting in this thread? Do you enjoy being negative?
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

I can't really appreciate something I haven't played yet, however I am hoping the game will be good. I've enjoyed every SH game to date, even if I found some...not as good as others, so I'm sure to enjoy Downpour. It's a rare game that I don't enjoy. So, yeah, I guess that's positive. Other than monocle man from that old trailer and the news that Korn will be doing the main theme (which wasn't as bad as I expected :? ), I haven't really seen/heard anything that makes me think this game will suck.
Agent of God
Subway Guard

Post by Agent of God »

>I can't really appreciate something I haven't played yet.

True.
This thread might come in handy after the game is released, but for now we can't really like or dislike the game.
I'm actually positive towards what I've seen and I can only hope that it doesn't turn out to be Homecoming II.
We are still here...
Falconv1.0
Gravedigger

Post by Falconv1.0 »

If it's not fuckballs linear and basically a beat 'em up where you can barely ever avoid fights it's already not Homecoming.

Also if another Elle shows up I'm going to bleed out of my eyes.
Your weaboo is showing
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

I'm excited because it seems as though they're dropping some of the aged conventions which have held this series down (legions of cookie-cutter monsters, occult nonsense).

I've even warmed to the open-ended aspect which I disliked at first, because I assumed they would hold to another obsolete convention: that the game would be comprised of several large indoor areas which would have to be explored fully before you could leave, and the outdoor areas merely connected the indoor areas. I suspect now that the outdoor aspect means that the town itself will be more of a focus and indoor areas will be diminished in size and scope... and this is totally fine with me.

I still don't like breakable weapons or limits on inventory, but neither is new and I can live with them.
Falconv1.0
Gravedigger

Post by Falconv1.0 »

I think breakable weapons are fine as long as it's easy to tell when they're gonna break and it's not too hard to replace them. Makes you be careful when it comes to when you fight/don't fight, plus I don't think a little bit of realism could hurt the immersion factor.

Swear to God though if stuff that wallface thing posted in a different thread makes it in I'm declaring the series fuckin' dead.
Your weaboo is showing
Axel_98
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Axel_98 »

Yeah I dislike the breakable weapons + limited inventory might make it frustrating if not done right. But at least your not able to carry around 50 TVs and an IV stand in your pocket at all times so I guess I do kind of like the realistic aspect.
~The Bird of Hermes is My Name; Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame~
Monster
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Monster »

I really tried to think of something. Honest, I did. I guess the only thing left is for me to play it and see if it's fun, or thrilling or immersive as the other games are.

Oh! I appreciate the fact they're trying. For real, I think it's great that they're still trying to make Silent Hill games. The series deserves that. I'm only left to wonder if it's truly still alive, or if it's just, 'alive,' like Mary in SH2.

That being said I find the concept of this thread silly as well. I mean if people like things about it then they've already said it outside this thread where criticism is 'allowed.' The fact that you have to make a separate thread to say only good things seems to just highlight the fact that many aren't satisfied with what they're seeing.
"Star Wars is like the thing that isn't remotely cool anymore but that nobody will stop talking about of my generation" -Me.
Dragonforce1080p
Just Passing Through

Post by Dragonforce1080p »

I'm excited about the sidequests. Brian Gomez said this time around Silent Hill is going to be like a theme park. Side quest locations each have backstories. That sounds like a lot of fun.
My VGM inspired pieces :)
♫ youtube.com/terran236 ♪