Brookhaven Receptionist

Re: Silent Hill Downpour Appreciation Thread

Post by ww_andi »

i liked homecoming as well and i def look forward to downpour
NemesisFY
Just Passing Through

Post by NemesisFY »

Yes some people complain a lot, but actually I'm looking forward to it, I believe it can be the second best SH game, because none can match SH3!
isaacrood
Just Passing Through

Post by isaacrood »

Glad to see im not the only one.
Hello, New to the forum, Glad to be here!! :)
Pleasant Sinner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Pleasant Sinner »

I'm looking forward to Downpour seeing that Shattered Memories actually wasn't that bad of a game. I also get a certain vibe from Downpour that both SH2 and Siren: Blood Curse had. I'm pumped and ready to give it a go.
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

It's hard being entirely optimistic when there are about as many things I like so far about this game that I don't like. Their decision to delay this game for a few months has made me feel a little better, in a way, since maybe the developers really want to do the best with thihs game.

Anyway, it's Silent Hill, I'll look forward to each new game (non spin-off) until the series finally meets its grave.
Bitch, don't kill my vibe.
isaacrood
Just Passing Through

Post by isaacrood »

I hope downpour will be a masterpiece. The series best game. I believe in it. I just hope it doesn't flop... If we wait for the grand finally and only get a fizzle... Man there will be a riot. Lets hope the developers know what they are doing.
SGTCOOL
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SGTCOOL »

I'll pick it up day one, and I will beat it at least five times. Then as time goes on, a deep feeling of hatred may sweep over my brain as I desperately attempt to convince myself that it is a good silent hill game...but then fail. Months and years later I start up the game, hoping I my negative memory of the game was warped by a negative attitude of the previous times, but the game gets worse and worse as time slowly marches forward. This is what happened for me with SH 4 and Homecoming. Or it fucking rules, the optimal situation.
isaacrood
Just Passing Through

Post by isaacrood »

Have hope... Haha if it does suck, Then just be glad they TRIED haha.
ShadowofNyx
Just Passing Through

Post by ShadowofNyx »

As someone who do not judge a game by the few things that are put out to see because it is not complete or on hand I tend to want to experience myself without any judgement but I can say I am looking forward to the game so I can experience it and see if I like it myself.

I can say I do like what I've been seeing and feel that it is going in a good direction since I did like the newer titles (Can't say SM since I've not played it yet) and each Silent Hill game has been a good experience for me since none of them felt or were the same.
"Just because we've similar interests does not guarantee you're going to like me! My foot in your ass is a good example of that. My delusionary hell does not agree with yours!!" -Nny
odin1
Just Passing Through

Post by odin1 »

I havent tried to find any any clips or previews or anything like that nor am i getting my hopes up. I remember playing the first one I didnt know anything about it, the first thing I thought was that they were trying to copy Resident Evil. Man good times.

The first three were really something special for me, almost like I shared some kind of unexplainable bond with the series. Im looking forward to Downpour wether it is good or great.
Typographenia
Historical Society Historian

Post by Typographenia »

Dang, good work on avoiding media. It's gotten much harder to not see anything since the internet is pretty good about spreading information really quickly.
isaacrood
Just Passing Through

Post by isaacrood »

Typographenia wrote:Dang, good work on avoiding media. It's gotten much harder to not see anything since the internet is pretty good about spreading information really quickly.
Yeah man, The internet... Gotta love it. And when downpour comes out I will definitely try and pick it up ASAP. I really have hope for this game
SAQOA
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by SAQOA »

After watching a gameplay demo of one of the shifts to the otherworld, i appreciate how it was done, there was no cheap siren, and the world and not knowing changed yet, or shifted, and it took you up some stairs, blah blah, the irony is that you go up some stairs 10mins later in the otherworld that keep on going, so you have no choice but to go back, as you come down them you appear back in the same room and its all normal. I really think this is a nice change from the typical NORMAL > SIREN > OTHERWORLD method which is getting old every game. I really think the new producers are trying with this game and coming up with intresting gameplay concepts such as everlasting hallways and the appearence of the hallway getting longer. However i dont really feel that the american producers have the right to continue the silent hill story, like other fans feel, but i think that this game could really pull silent hill back in a better direction than some of us fans feel its been going - downhill, not downpour lol.

But Yeah i appreciate some of the new ideas they been trying ^_^
Time is a skill, thats why you have to make the best moments last. Allow me to start by kicking you in the throat while masterbating to the sound of your own extinction.
Matt S
Gravedigger

Post by Matt S »

I've enjoyed all the SH titles, with the exception of Shattered Memories, but I am very pumped for Downpour. Everything Ive seen for this one makes me pumped
RIP Silent Hills
isaacrood
Just Passing Through

Post by isaacrood »

Heck yeah, this gonna rock
Martee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Martee »

After playing the demo at Eurogamer I won't lie, I'm not looking forward to Downpour anymore. Though I know what I'm like, when it's on the shelf the fanboy inside me will rise up and force me to go to the shop and buy it and no matter what the game is like, good or bad, I'll enjoy it just for being Silent Hill.
I personally am more looking forward to Book of Memories, I think it looks like it's going to be fun and it'll be great to see something different set in my favourite game universe, and once again, even if it's a terrible game I'll love it just for the art and horror styling.
My supply fell through...
Chris Redfield
Just Passing Through

Post by Chris Redfield »

At this point, I'm on the bandwagon with most of you here. I won't truly judge it until I've played it. But...... I will point out that some of the textures look a little blurred in some of the screens I've seen. I know I shouldn't be so picky, but this is 2011(going on 2012!). Blurry Textures kinda take away from the immersion factor for me. Other than that, I think the atmosphere just needs to be a tad darker. Though, I do like the weapon degredation mechanic. Just as long as every single weapon doesen't break after two hits! Another thing I'm concerned about is the monsters. They don't look all that scary, but that just could have just been the music that was playing too. Korn does tend to take away the horror factor of the game. Not that I'm saying that Korn is a terrible band though. Another idea I liked was that most of ladder climbing/jumping down stuff is all done automatically. Really reminds me of L.A. Noire(which was awesome in it's own right). So all downpour really needs a just a few tweaks here and there with the graphics and gameplay, and it should be good to go! Hope the story isn't too predictable either. I'm expecting at least a few plot twists...

P.S.- And I'm sure that Daniel Licht will do the series justice. I mean, we're talking about the guy who does all the music for DEXTER for crying out loud!

Yep. Just another day in Silent Hill...
Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Tillerman »

It's pretty silly to make a thread called the Silent Hill Downpour Appreciation thread when the game isn't even released. You should've called it the Hopeful Optimism thread. I'm not particularly optimistic myself, having not liked the last 3 games in the series, but I will certainly still be trying it and hope to be pleasantly surprised.
Hydra666
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Hydra666 »

Downpour is still three months away from now. I'm getting impatient as well as many fans.

So meantime.. I thing we had enough screenshots (even if few more would be great). I'd like them to give us another audio snippet. I really like what I've heard so far and I want to hear more.
Kenji
Historical Society Historian

Post by Kenji »

Come to think of it, they really haven't shown much of the soundtrack, have they? I remember back when SH3 was on its way and they released two tracks: "You're Not Here" and "Breeze In Monochrome Night." I don't remember if it was an actual EP, but it felt like one.

Of course, the switchover from Yamaoka to Licht is a delicate situation. Perhaps its best that they don't give the haters extra material to hate.