GameFest

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Re: GameFest

Post by VenusDoom »

Shattered Memories is the buggiest game I've ever played. I had to start from scratch twice on my 2nd and 3rd run throughs.
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
Kenji
Historical Society Historian

Post by Kenji »

Really? The buggiest? There are far buggier games than that.

Though, in my opinion, no game should be buggy.
Falconv1.0
Gravedigger

Post by Falconv1.0 »

Well Venus said buggiest game he's (or is it she) played not the buggiest game in existence, yeah?
Your weaboo is showing
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

i never had any issues with bugs in my sh:sm experience tho i did play the ps2 port
stopped_clock
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by stopped_clock »

@Venus: What platform was that on?

I've never encountered bugs in any of the games except the pc version of sh2, and I've played them all, a lot, I must just be really lucky.

My release day Xbox 360 still works fine too. Perhaps technology just likes me.
Too cold to start a fire
I'm burning diesel, burning dinosaur bones
I'll take the river down to still water
And ride a pack of dogs
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

Falconv1.0 wrote:Well Venus said buggiest game he's (or is it she) played not the buggiest game in existence, yeah?
I know. I'm kinda jealous, actually. :?
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

I have it for Wii, I've never had as many glitches on any game as Shattered Memories. I got it used, might be the disc. Harry's phone got stuck one time and I couldn't put it away, then I couldn't move the flash light on another play-through, and one time the save got corrupted and I lost my 3rd play-through, I was working on my fourth, but I had a copy of the first 2 on an sd card luckily. That and the Hospital's nightmare sequence and the Nowhere nightmare sequence ruin the game for me. If it wasn't for that I'd put it on the same level as SH12 and 3.
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

what is wrong with the hospital and nowhere sequences those are some of my favorite parts of the game :C
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

It's the running and confusing map that killed it for me, if I could get those damn things off my back for one minute and figure out where I was it would be a lot better.

Yuki

Post by Yuki »

I don't really understand why people have so much trouble with it. I have occasional frustrations with the Raw Shocks, but usually it's fine for me, especially if I get lost and need a video walkthrough (which only happened once, on a replay).

I don't really use the camera in the game except for echos, but I had the Harry-is-stuck-with-the-phone glitch a few times. I skipped the scenes up to that point and got back to the car-on-bridge scene in maybe 20 minutes.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

I used to be mildly annoyed by the chase sequences. Then I tried playing Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. If you think the chase scenes in SM were annoying, you ain't seen nothing until you try evading pissed off fish people with the most obnoxiously spastic camera in gaming.
stopped_clock
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by stopped_clock »

KiramidHead wrote:I used to be mildly annoyed by the chase sequences. Then I tried playing Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. If you think the chase scenes in SM were annoying, you ain't seen nothing until you try evading pissed off fish people with the most obnoxiously spastic camera in gaming.
That fucking game!

Yeah, in SM you can basically wing it, just keep moving and make a note of landmarks and you can't fail, but in CoC:DCoTE you have to already know where to go and exactly what to do and in what order or you're dead.
Too cold to start a fire
I'm burning diesel, burning dinosaur bones
I'll take the river down to still water
And ride a pack of dogs
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

It doesn't help that moving the mouse more than a nanometer to either side causes the camera to spin out wildly. It's a shame, because I was really enjoying the game up until then.