GameFest

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

Martee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

GameFest

Post by Martee »

I have just got back from GameFest and was severely disappointed upon arrival to find out that Silent Hill: Downpour had been removed from the Konami booth because the game was crashing too much.
I really hope this doesn't reflect the quality of the game as a whole but right now I'm bummed out that I didn't even get to see a video of it or anything.

I'm at Eurogamer in London next week so I hope to see it there.
My supply fell through...
Hydra666
My Bestsellers Clerk

Re: GameFest

Post by Hydra666 »

I've also seen a terrible glitch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... UUXFJvHLVo

@ 2:42
Falconv1.0
Gravedigger

Post by Falconv1.0 »

I'd really love to hear people still say it doesn't need to be delayed now.
Your weaboo is showing
Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

Yeah, the OP has really made me feel more that Downpour is going to be delayed. That could be a very, very good thing. Perhaps if it starts to appear better to me, I may consider it (Though, I'm not going to rush out and buy it).
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
Hydra666
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Hydra666 »

As much as I like the game so far, It looks so unprofessional and amateur.

I mean, the game is at less than one month of his official release and it's still glitchy as hell, there's still crashes and other problems. WTF man. Stupid things like invisible walls (who where mentioned by the IGN guy) should not even exist, invisible walls where the kind of glitches the PS1 had. .

I'm still interested in buying it, it looks great but Vatra team definitely lack experience.
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

Hydra666 wrote:I mean, the game is at less than one month of his official release and it's still glitchy as hell, there's still crashes and other problems. WTF man. Stupid things like invisible walls (who where mentioned by the IGN guy) should not even exist, invisible walls where the kind of glitches the PS1 had. .
It is certainly unprofessional looking to have such a mess of a demo on their show floor, but demos are pretty notorious for not being well built. It's likely with any game that, unless you have a dedicated team working on making the segment run really well, having a chunk of removed game data for people to use things are going to break. It should definitely not be as bad as we're seeing in those clips, but yeah, it's part of the demo problem.

Also, invisible walls aren't a "glitch." They're imposed boundaries so they don't have to model additional locations, have the platform fit within its limitations, and keeping the player from straying off into things they don't want them to. It's entirely possible the invisible walls are simply there for demo purposes, but it might also be that they simply didn't model that location. That's essentially what the destroyed roads were in the older SH games, but they were handled in a much better way.
Axel_98
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Axel_98 »

Hydra666 wrote:As much as I like the game so far, It looks so unprofessional and amateur.

I mean, the game is at less than one month of his official release and it's still glitchy as hell, there's still crashes and other problems. WTF man. Stupid things like invisible walls (who where mentioned by the IGN guy) should not even exist, invisible walls where the kind of glitches the PS1 had.
Honestly I doubt we'll see a big portion of this in the actual game. I always thought most Demos were built to be demos so it could easily avoid spoilers. It is meant to show gameplay and graphics. I'm not surprised how glitchy it is and really hope it is truely delayed until March
~The Bird of Hermes is My Name; Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame~
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by thy_butcher »

They should definitely take all of the time they need to make Downpour a "Finished product." Polishing, ironing-out issues. Play-testing. Replay-testing. Replay-testing again...etc...
But that doesn't make me want it any less. I want it RIGHT NOW. :wink:
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

I doubt it's delayed until March. The only two sources I've found for that date are Amazon and Wikipedia, and both have been wrong in the past.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Hydra666 wrote:As much as I like the game so far, It looks so unprofessional and amateur.

I mean, the game is at less than one month of his official release and it's still glitchy as hell, there's still crashes and other problems. WTF man. Stupid things like invisible walls (who where mentioned by the IGN guy) should not even exist, invisible walls where the kind of glitches the PS1 had. .

I'm still interested in buying it, it looks great but Vatra team definitely lack experience.
The only "official release date" we've had--besides a vague "October" from Shatsky--is "Winter 2011", which was said much much much more often--and more recently--than the "October" date.
Hydra666
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Hydra666 »

I thought October 11 was the official release date.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Nope; not as far as I've heard. I believe the TGS trailer said "2011", with no other specification.
Falconv1.0
Gravedigger

Post by Falconv1.0 »

It really needs to be launched in 2012, that would make a world of difference when it comes to how polished it will be.
Your weaboo is showing
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by thy_butcher »

None of us really know how far along Downpour is from being truly "Finished."
If it is finished in 2011, then why shouldn't they release it in 2011? If it needs to be pushed into 2012, so be it. It should be released when its ready.
Axel_98
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Axel_98 »

thy_butcher wrote:None of us really know how far along Downpour is from being truly "Finished."
If it is finished in 2011, then why shouldn't they release it in 2011? If it needs to be pushed into 2012, so be it. It should be released when its ready.
Well if they release it right when it's done then there's no time for polishing. If they release it at the same time of other high priority games (GoW, LoZ, Skyrim, CoD:MW3) then it's going to be over looked and lose a lot of potential profit. I think they need to put if off until early next year to both attract new players via smart marketing and to polish the game off as much as possible.
~The Bird of Hermes is My Name; Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame~
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Hydra666 wrote:I've also seen a terrible glitch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... UUXFJvHLVo

@ 2:42
Oh my god. That is just HORRIBLE. Ugh. Glitchier than SM so far.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

Wow. That is a bad glitch.
ashatteredmemory
Gravedigger

Post by ashatteredmemory »

didn't the Korn trailer say it will be released in 2012? (at the end)
"Grown-ups tell kids there's no such thing as monsters, that the Bogeyman is just make-believe, and there's nothing hiding under their beds, but that's a lie. Because I've seen 'em." - Murphy Pendleton
Falconv1.0
Gravedigger

Post by Falconv1.0 »

No, it says coming soon. In other words man there's a chance this game is ffffffffuuuuuuuucked.

Really digging how you couldn't take like less than a minute to find that out yourself btw.
Your weaboo is showing
ur-vile
Hope House Careworker

Post by ur-vile »

Considering they never patched some of the horrible glitches in Homecoming (and to a lesser extent SM), I sure as hell hope they work thought the bugs in Downpour before release

And I have to say as someone who really enjoyed Homecoming, these demos of Downpour aren't making me excited in the least