MC Hammer is not the new Pyramid Head

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

Kawwah85
Just Passing Through

Re: MC Hammer is not the new Pyramid Head

Post by Kawwah85 »

All the monsters in the SH series represent something dark from the antagonists life. Pyramid Head however, was a monster brought to life by Alessas look on men, and as far as I remember there is a scene in SH2 where Pyramid Head is gettin violent with one of the manequins. I dont think he belongs in Downpour. The hammer man is the perfect monster for this title because he represent the court and justice that Murphy is running away from.

Im not really sure what happened to Alessa. If she is still around in Downpour or not. Havent played SH for some time, but it would be great with a refreshing of the story, if someone can find the time. :)
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Pyramid Head however, was a monster brought to life by Alessas look on men<
We're not talking about the movie.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Yuki
Historical Society Historian

Post by Yuki »

Kawwah85 wrote:All the monsters in the SH series represent something dark from the antagonists life. Pyramid Head however, was a monster brought to life by Alessas look on men, and as far as I remember there is a scene in SH2 where Pyramid Head is gettin violent with one of the manequins. I dont think he belongs in Downpour. The hammer man is the perfect monster for this title because he represent the court and justice that Murphy is running away from.

Im not really sure what happened to Alessa. If she is still around in Downpour or not. Havent played SH for some time, but it would be great with a refreshing of the story, if someone can find the time. :)
As Adversary said, we're not talking about the movie; the games' version of Pyramid Head is a manifestation of James' guilt, based on the executioners of Silent Hill's past that he saw in a painting.

As for Alessa, the developers have stated that this game is not about the cult nor her. It may make mention of her--we don't know--but she's not a main power behind the game save for the fact that she was the catalyst that caused the town to begin bringing people in.
Kawwah85
Just Passing Through

Post by Kawwah85 »

Ah ya, I got those two mixed up.
KingCrimson
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by KingCrimson »

So... I have been thinking about this for a while, and
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
yeah, MC Hammer really is the new Pyramid Head.

Large male character
Doesn't speak
Oversized weapon
Shows up in multiple areas before fighting him
Obscured face
Represents somebody's guilt/shame
Kills other monsters
Very subtle sexual subtext (kills boy who represents Charlie)
Disappears when character learns the truth
Is called the Bogeyman

I was hoping this game wouldn't feel the need to travel such a well-worn path, but there it is, despite developer assurance to the contrary in this very thread.
Martee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Martee »

KingCrimson wrote:So... I have been thinking about this for a while, and
yeah, MC Hammer really is the new Pyramid Head.

Large male character
Doesn't speak
Oversized weapon
Shows up in multiple areas before fighting him
Obscured face
Represents somebody's guilt/shame
Kills other monsters
Very subtle sexual subtext (kills boy who represents Charlie)
Disappears when character learns the truth
Is called the Bogeyman

I was hoping this game wouldn't feel the need to travel such a well-worn path, but there it is, despite developer assurance to the contrary in this very thread.
To be quite honest with you I would have rather had them just get it over with and put PH in Downpour than make a new weak version of him like they did.
My supply fell through...
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Martee wrote:
To be quite honest with you I would have rather had them just get it over with and put PH in Downpour than make a new weak version of him like they did.
I definitely wouldn't have.
I actually came to like the hammer man more than I thought I did after the bit where you play as him, and I like the idea of someone seeing the protagonist as a monster.
If Pyramid Head was in it, I might have pulled my hair out.