Downpour: Comes Full Circle - Shatsky Interview.

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

The Silent Executioner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Downpour: Comes Full Circle - Shatsky Interview.

Post by The Silent Executioner »

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/01/ ... le-on-ps3/

The fact there's different weather cycles is pretty neat and it looks like some people are going to be happy that there are no nurses.
FrankRD
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: Downpour: Comes Full Circle - Shatsky Interview.

Post by FrankRD »

I like the approach they're taking with the monsters. Maybe this is how it should've been handled from the start? I'm not against the town itself having some sort of pre-meditated monster design for the inhabitant's mind, but it simply makes more sense to have every single inhabitant having his mind materialize his own nightmares, makes the town itself less of a sentient being (as some people believe it is) and more of a force of nature.

But the main attraction for me is going to be it's non-linearity. I wonder if the side-quests end up having any effect in the ending you get, just like in SH1 with Kaufmann's quest? That'll certainly enhance the game's replayability, more than it enhances the game's own length. Replacing exaggerated back-tracking or key-searching for more exploration and less key-searching is definitely another plus for me.

All in all, it seems like they're really playing with great ideas and I have no doubt it will pay off in the final product. Ah, I knew we wouldn't get another Homecoming! :P
KingCrimson
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: Downpour: Comes Full Circle - Shatsky Interview.

Post by KingCrimson »

When the game is released and the dust finally settles, I'd love to know what became of Monacle Man from that early trailer... :D