Importing US SH-Downpour for UK PS3

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

bratpack
Just Passing Through

Importing US SH-Downpour for UK PS3

Post by bratpack »

Hi all Newbie here but long long time SH fan.

I was just wondering does anybody know if an imported copy of downpour from amazon US will work on Irish PS3
Yuki
Historical Society Historian

Re: Importing US SH-Downpour for UK PS3

Post by Yuki »

I believe it will; as far as I know, the PS3 isn't region locked.
bratpack
Just Passing Through

Post by bratpack »

Really your getting me excited now LOL really thinkig about ordering of amazon US but just not 100% sure yet wish konami could let us know for sure.

Relese date for IRE + UK is now 29th so if i did import id be getting a good two weeks earlier
Catch22
Subway Guard

Post by Catch22 »

I've played Korean and EU games on my North American PS3, so I believe it will work. I don't really see the downside in pre-ordering.
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

As far as I know the PS3 should be region free for games. I imported a US version of Homecoming to play on my PAL PS3 when Homecoming was first released, and I had no trouble.
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

It will work. I imported Homecoming from the US and it worked absolutely fine on my PS3. Has the date really been pushed back for the UK again?
bratpack
Just Passing Through

Post by bratpack »

According to the facebook konami team the date is now 29th.
So thats kinda why im thinking of taking the plunge and ordering US verison
should get it a good week or 2 early if i preoder with amazon today how long do you reckon it would take after release date to be delivered?
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

bratpack wrote:According to the facebook konami team the date is now 29th.
Just keep in mind that if you import from the US you'll be locked into downloading DLC from the US PSN for that game. Apparently it's not that hard to make a PSN account for different regions, but it's something to keep in mind.
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

should get it a good week or 2 early if i preoder with amazon today how long do you reckon it would take after release date to be delivered?
It depends on their shipping times. I remember when I ordered Homecoming, it took a good week to get here. But then I ordered Homecoming from a different website.
Amazon are usually quick at dispatching things for release, but to come across the Atlantic you're looking at about 5-10 days.
bratpack
Just Passing Through

Post by bratpack »

Mr.FLOOT wrote:
It depends on their shipping times. I remember when I ordered Homecoming, it took a good week to get here. But then I ordered Homecoming from a different website.
Amazon are usually quick at dispatching things for release, but to come across the Atlantic you're looking at about 5-10 days.

If its preordered will amazon dispatch before the 13th of march? Or can they only dispatch it to me after or on 13th
Piramit Kafa
Just Passing Through

Post by Piramit Kafa »

Since the game prices are ridiculously high in my country, I always import them from either the US or the UK and never had a problem.
There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

Kinda off topic, bratspack, are you on Digital Spy? :P

We look to be getting better pre-order offers than the American's DLC

Zaavi are offering this
bratpack
Just Passing Through

Post by bratpack »

Lol I am on Digitalspy Im kinda freaked out now!! Lol

Iv changed my mind with the order i tried ordering earlier and when you factor in the taxes and boring stuff the game shoots up to 80euros!! :shock: no way
Before all that though it only worked out at 65 with 3-4 day delivery aswell which was what I was willing to pay O well guess the 29th it is
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

bratpack wrote:Lol I am on Digitalspy Im kinda freaked out now!! Lol

Iv changed my mind with the order i tried ordering earlier and when you factor in the taxes and boring stuff the game shoots up to 80euros!! :shock: no way
Before all that though it only worked out at 65 with 3-4 day delivery aswell which was what I was willing to pay O well guess the 29th it is
Haha, it's me, "Pyramidbread" :D €80 is pretty steep O_O (Though how much are games usually in Euros?)
bratpack
Just Passing Through

Post by bratpack »

Lol good name BTW Its a small world for us silent hill fans lol

Should get it for 50 euros in gamestop on release day so paying 80 seemed crazy just for a 2week headsup.

I have to have money for the HD collection aswell over here theyll charge the full wack id say.
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

bratpack wrote:
Mr.FLOOT wrote:

If its preordered will amazon dispatch before the 13th of march? Or can they only dispatch it to me after or on 13th
Normally they send things out a day before release date so they arrive on or just after their release date. But to ship to the UK you are looking at at least 5 days AFTER the US date. Maybe longer. It's hard to say with international shipping.
From what I remember, I got Homecoming a week after the US date, but like I said that was with a different website.
Also it depends what kind of shipping you get. Standard takes the longest and is up to 2 weeks. The fastest Amazon do international is 2-4 days and that costs about £15.