Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

Hydra666
My Bestsellers Clerk

New gameplay video with commentary

Post by Hydra666 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OnX6Pcp ... r_embedded

Looks great.

The atmosphere is pretty good, there's a lot of creepy sounds. I'm really looking foward to this game (and I hated the new screenshots).

Silent Hill looks like Silent Hill, the city is really good, I can actually feel the atmosphere of the old games.
FrankRD
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: New gameplay video with commentary

Post by FrankRD »

Excellent video. The atmosphere is tremendous, surpassing anything I've seen before, especially on the streets of the town. This video is reassuring me that this game has more of a connection with SH2 than we think. Not as in storyline but as in premise. I believed Tom Hulett also mentioned it in one of the interviews released today.

Howard is definitely linked to the town's history, given the fact that as Tomm stated - he's from the 1800's. I've got to admit there's always something extremely eerie about long dead (or dissappeared) characters showing up to the protagonist. Howard is centuries old and his soul is still wandering around, but there surely must be some kind of connection between him and Murphy; otherwise...why would he only show up to him until now and not any of the other protagonists from previous games?

Or maybe Murphy triggered something, I'm eager to know. Can't wait for this game! :D
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

That looks awesome!!!!! And Tomm said it's out on 6th March! I hope that means the UK as well! I'm super excited for this!
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

March 6th! Only 60 days to go (unless my math is wrong).
ashatteredmemory
Gravedigger

Post by ashatteredmemory »

i actually wished they wouldn't talk throughout the walkthrough, wanted to hear al the creepy things :P
"Grown-ups tell kids there's no such thing as monsters, that the Bogeyman is just make-believe, and there's nothing hiding under their beds, but that's a lie. Because I've seen 'em." - Murphy Pendleton
Hydra666
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Hydra666 »

The girl talking sounds like she's having an orgasm. Maybe she really likes Tom's voice.
FrankRD
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FrankRD »

Hydra666 wrote:The girl talking sounds like she's having an orgasm. Maybe she really likes Tom's voice.
^ She could've ruined the entire video if she spoke any more than she did.
teosoleil
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by teosoleil »

Opinion and reluctant interest in Downpour has definitely changed. I'm going as far to say that, imo, this game may be the best one since SH2/SH3, or more recently SM. Judging from this gameplay video you can see how the developers took so much detailed care and thought in designing the game. I'm honestly excited to play and it just looks too awesome to be true so far. After we've gotten Origins and Homecoming it's almost impossible to believe something that looks this wonderful not only as a game, but as a Silent Hill game is coming to us. I feel honored and special to see the work on this game to to be able to play it one day. It just looks too good to be true.
Hydra666
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Hydra666 »

Anybody noticed how much Murphy seemed to be scared when he walked through the narrow space with the gas canisters? That's just a detail but.. Maybe he's claustrophobic.
Kenji
Historical Society Historian

Post by Kenji »

Hydra666 wrote:The girl talking sounds like she's having an orgasm. Maybe she really likes Tom's voice.
Well, Tomm is awesome like that. So awesome he should offer me a job. :wink:

Seriously, though, this video looks really good. I'm probably looking forward to this game more than I've ever been, before.
Below
Just Passing Through

Post by Below »

My anticipation factor has increased twofold. Not to say that it wasn't high enough before. It really does look spectacular.
...nothing really unusual down there.
SGTCOOL
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SGTCOOL »

After watching this and getting pretty excited I watched the Korn trailer just to keep my expectations in check. The game is looking much better now, though. Even though I still think the screamers are really stupid. NOOO, GREEN SONIC WAVES! But at least the combat didn't go on awkwardly for ten minutes like all the other videos.
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by thy_butcher »

*Sigh
I think I'm the only person who likes the Screamers. :) They freak me out. I actually had a nightmare about one a couple weeks ago.
ShadowofNyx
Just Passing Through

Post by ShadowofNyx »

^No you're not the only one I like them as well, I think in this day and age it hard to really hit people disturbed button given all the real life horror going on and it depends on the person really. While some can find something not creepy others can find it creepy no one is right or wrong about what they find creepy or disturbing.
"Just because we've similar interests does not guarantee you're going to like me! My foot in your ass is a good example of that. My delusionary hell does not agree with yours!!" -Nny
arthurdepr
Just Passing Through

Post by arthurdepr »

Holy sh*t! This game is looking just fantastic, in all the possible ways! I was excited before, but after seeing this gameplay video, my expectations are even higher. I think we can all agree that they've improved a lot since we last saw it, and the atmosphere is simply out of this world.

March can't come soon enough!
~ Evil shall with evil be expelled. ~
Hydra666
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Hydra666 »

Anyone noticed that when Murphy asks Howard "what is this place? "

Howard says he doesn't understand the question and that Silent Hill is a busy town. This indeeds proves Howard is a spirit trapped in Silent Hill of the 1800's. That also explains his accent. Also, we can see his eyes are dead.
PyramidFace
Just Passing Through

Post by PyramidFace »

Hydra666 wrote:Anyone noticed that when Murphy asks Howard "what is this place? "

Howard says he doesn't understand the question and that Silent Hill is a busy town. This indeeds proves Howard is a spirit trapped in Silent Hill of the 1800's. That also explains his accent. Also, we can see his eyes are dead.
(Silent Hill is not abandoned. Never has been)
EmilietheStrange
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by EmilietheStrange »

I agree with everyone else, this looks great so far, I can't wait to explore every inch of the town myself. I especially like how you can now cross over the white abysses via rickety bridges, and the dilapidated and long abandoned look the town now has is cool as well. I'm still not sold on the screamers, but hopefully the other monsters will make up for them.
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

Did anyone notice the car that drove down the street 4:30 into the video!? Does that mean the police are actively searching for Murphy or that the town is indeed active in this game?
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

Mr.FLOOT wrote:Did anyone notice the car that drove down the street 4:30 into the video!? Does that mean the police are actively searching for Murphy or that the town is indeed active in this game?
Nice find. Maybe it's the town screwing with him?