Do you have faith in the new game?

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

Walter10h
Just Passing Through

Do you have faith in the new game?

Post by Walter10h »

Hey, guys it's been a long time. Since I finally have a PS triple (lawls) I can get Downpour when it comes out. I wanted to know if you like what you've seen so far?

I haven't been too much inside the loop but I like what I've seen. I just hope the soundtrack is something more serene or more "Silent" (like SH1) I think it'd help the ambiance a lot.
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Re: Do you have faith in the new game?

Post by alone in the town »

Have faith in a game?
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Yeah, it is my Lord and Savior!!
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

I've liked almost everything I've seen so far with the exception of the Hammer Man thing (yet I await judgment on that until I see how he's used) so I'm definitely looking forward to it.
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

I think it's looking pretty good so far.

It looks like they're playing the location up the wooded area at the start of SH2, the water theme seems quite interesting, the new composer should hopefully breathe some fresh air into the game, there seems to be more emphasis on exploration, and, going from some impressions, they are paying careful attention to give time to building up atmosphere.
Good things in store, from what I've seen and read.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

I am confident that the game will be quality, yes.
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

I have "faith" that this game will be enjoyable and successful for many reasons, but my top three:

1) The team behind it appears to be listening to the fans and learning from the past games a lot, which is always good news when it comes to sequels, especially when the franchise really needs a universally successful one, like some would say the SH franchise needs.

2) From gameplay videos and other like footage, the feel of the gameplay is so fluid to me that I predict playing it will be way less stressful and much more enjoyable. Simply put: It's looking so far like it plays very well.

3) It looks fuckin' lovely. The abstract themes I'm seeing, along with the somber and different looking, less fog-on-crack "normal" world, I am already very happy with this part of the game. The character models are very nice to look at, and I'm not seeing anything so far that looks nearly as crappy as Judge H.'s face in Homecoming.

Okay, there's a fourth reason...

4) Murphy so sexy me want to play him long time.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Coma of Souls
Just Passing Through

Post by Coma of Souls »

I just watched the IGN E3 demo and my first thought- 'It looks cool, but not quite at that S1 & S2 level.'

I dont quite know what it is that doesnt quite sit right, sure the game is gorgeous, but I am still not convinced that they have learnt from the shortcomings of Homecoming.....especially the combat, inventory and gimmicks.

I certainly hope that I am wrong!
*currently playing Silent Hill 3*

Alessa, my dearest... For the pain that I've caused you... I deserve no mercy. Even if it was to save mankind, it was too deep a sin.

—Claudia Wolf
Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Tillerman »

Not really... I think there's a possibility it could be a good game. A lot of things worry me, like Korn doing the theme music, the talk of numerous "sidequests," the inclusion of QTE's, the possibility of prompts appearing every time you want to do something, the fact that the developers mindlessly talk about how all thier design decisions are for "immersion" even when that makes no sense... I don't know. There's also the fact that I am very sensitive to music in a game, and if I am let down by Licht's soundtrack I will probably be completely turned off from even playing it. So yeah, any optimism I have is very cautious.

However, there's enough interesting things about this game to make me very curious to try it. Of course, I felt the same way about SM before it came out, and I ended up hating it... but things could be different this time. New developer, after all. You never know.
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

I don't know. There are some things I've read that I don't particularly like the idea of (breakable weapons, Korn, some other things that seem to have momentarily slipped my mind..), but at the same time I'm looking forward to seeing what Vatra have done. I'm sort of divided, I guess.
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

No.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

from what i have seen it looks pretty good imo i dont have any major issues really

p.s.
what is this about korn doing the theme song
?
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^There's a thread talking about the whole Korn issue.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

First off, this would make a good poll.

Second, not really. I've kinda lost my feeling of excitement for new games in the series. The game seems kinda polished at least, but until I actually play it, it's probably just gonna continue to look like Homecoming 2 to me.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
kumiko
Gravedigger

Post by kumiko »

from what I've seen so far it seems ok I haven't got many problems with this at all right now compared to when homecoming came out
Youma Taisan!
White Claudia
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by White Claudia »

Yes, I think it's Interesting to see how a new developer takes on the Silent Hill world, albeit I have been disappointed thus far. It would be great to see a game that completely changed the traditional scenario. I don't think Downpour is that game.
http://www.youtube.com/vTheFreemanv
I don’t know what the key to success is, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.

One of the things you learn from years of dealing with drug people, is that you can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug. Especially when it's waving a razor-sharp hunting knife in your eye.
Share this quote
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

From the demos I've seen, I got a real Silent Hill feel from them, searching different buildings for things ect.
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

I won't knock the game unitl I actually play it. I used to be more judgemental about things, but after SH:SM proved me wrong about disliking something based on Sneakpeaks/others' opinions, I decided to just give everything a fair shot.

Besides, what I've seen so far of it looks cool. The game looks like it might end up being really gnarly.
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
Rayder
Just Passing Through

Post by Rayder »

It's hard for me to have faith in any Silent Hill game that doesn't have a PC version, because that only means I'll never get to play it.
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

Tillerman wrote:the talk of numerous "sidequests,"
Truth be told, side quests have been in silent hill from the beginning. Remember having to go find the three keys near the beginning? Going to the lighthouse? Collecting all the colored blocks? It's not called a sidequest, but that's what they are, essentially. I'm sure that the "sidequests" in downpour will be worked into the game in a similar way.

It would be rather disappointing if we got a "collect 10 pairs of screamer high heels."