March 29th. That's the date. (UK release date)

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

Biccard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: March 29th. That's the date. (UK release date)

Post by Biccard »

I read that in the EU version of Homecoming, theres a hospital bed in the way when Holloway is drilling in your thigh so you can't see it and when she falls to the ground, the drilling machine is entirely missing, and generally it has much less blood that the US version. Can you confirm or debunk this, Fudgestix? I only have the US version as I said.
fudgestix

Post by fudgestix »

I'm afraid I never got very far with Homecoming, so I've no clue. Maybe another EU player might be able to help.
THE RULES! [click me and learn]
"I think I'd prefer a sword over a penis anyday." - Wigeke
Mxpn - Restless Night (bandcamp)
Calamity
Historical Society Historian

Post by Calamity »

Biccard wrote:I read that in the EU version of Homecoming, theres a hospital bed in the way when Holloway is drilling in your thigh so you can't see it and when she falls to the ground, the drilling machine is entirely missing, and generally it has much less blood that the US version. Can you confirm or debunk this, Fudgestix? I only have the US version as I said.
While I can't speak for the EU version, a quick look on youtube shows that what you've read is for the AUS version of the game. If you're curious to watch it:
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

Here's what I've been told. It's 29 March for mainland Europe and because major releases happen on a Friday in the UK, here it'll be the 30 March.

That comes from Konami's PR rep in the UK.
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Martee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Martee »

Vixx wrote:Here's what I've been told. It's 29 March for mainland Europe and because major releases happen on a Friday in the UK, here it'll be the 30 March.

I'm almost thankful that it was released in the US before the UK as now that I've watched a walkthrough I know that I would have been sorely disappointed if I had paid full price for it on release day.
I'm going to wait until it comes down in price before I buy it.
My supply fell through...
Biccard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Biccard »

So if I buy the american version, I'll miss out on european languages at most?
Thanks a lot foe the Youtube clip, Calamity :) Any european gamers who can tell me if this is true to the EU version?
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

Kinda feels weird that Downpour has been released. After all of this waiting it's finally in the world haha. Shame I have to wait another 9 days before it's released in the UK. Here's hoping Game ship it early so I get it on Thursday...... And I have friday off work so that day will be spent with me playing Downpour all day!
RottenRat
Just Passing Through

Post by RottenRat »

I went to a local store and had the guys there promise to give me a call the moment they have Downpour in stock, which they expect to be on the 29th or even the 28th, possibly. But I still live in fear of the release being postponed, yet again, haha. Some guy in this thread gave me a scare talking about the 6th of April.

Eh, I feel like the kid not allowed to go out until after dinner, while all the other children are having fun in the playground... :)
Biccard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Biccard »

RottenRat wrote:Some guy in this thread gave me a scare talking about the 6th of April.
Haha sorry, didn't mean to scare you :D But unfortunately that's what I've read. Although I read it on silenthill.wikia.com which is not always a reliable source, the date has to come from somewhere more reliable. My patience got used up today, and I bought the american version online, to get it before EU release, and to avoid any censorships that may appear. But I'm afraid the game doesn't arrive before european release, in which case I will be forced to wait another few days, which is exactly why I bought it in the first place :D
RottenRat
Just Passing Through

Post by RottenRat »

Biccard wrote:Haha sorry, didn't mean to scare you ...
... and to avoid any censorships that may appear.
Aaah, you're doing it again! :shock:
Haha, but seriously, I hope that won't be an issue... As far as European editions go I only ever heard of censorship in Australia and occasionally Germany, and that's where HC got 'redesigned', at least to my knowledge. (Stupid practice anyway, if you ask me - it's not like the whole drilling scene was particularly gruesome in the first place).

Anyway, it would be very inconvenient for me if Downpour got pushed back even more here - I already have to avoid a number of sites and blogs I usually follow just cause many of the people there are SH fans and it's practically impossible to avoid accidental spoilers... I'm running out of slacker activities to indulge in at work... :)
Biccard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Biccard »

Hahaha sorry. No need to worry though, cuz I think you are right about only Australia and Germany gets censored. But I own the US version of Homecoming, because it was released several months later in EU and I couldn't wait for that, so I have never tried the EU version. I just hope I get Downpour before EU release, otherwise I tricked myself into waiting another few days. But a good thing is, I saved 225 kroner (£25) by buying Downpour from the US. In Denmark where I live, Downpour is going to cost £61. What's the price in your country?
RottenRat
Just Passing Through

Post by RottenRat »

I'm from Poland, a recently released game costs around 200 zloty here, so that would be about £40, or $60. You can get it a bit cheaper online. Doesn't sound too bad, but the downside is that games only go down in price after they've been out a really long time, so it'll probably still cost 200 this time next year... in the stores, anyway.

I'm just glad they'll be releasing Downpour in full-English here, because lord, did they ruin Deus Ex HR for me with their translation train wreck... :x
Lumpyspace94
Just Passing Through

Post by Lumpyspace94 »

Mr.FLOOT wrote: Here's hoping Game ship it early so I get it on Thursday...... And I have friday off work so that day will be spent with me playing Downpour all day!
Eeek I hope they refunded you or a least shipped it anyway. :(

There's polish promo disks going on ebay for about 37 euro's http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Silent-Hill-Down ... 500wt_1361

Strangely the seller seems to only be selling promo disks of Konami games.
RottenRat
Just Passing Through

Post by RottenRat »

Yes! Finally got it here on the outskirts of Europe... dodging spoilers left and right was becoming quite tedious. Now I'm just waiting till it gets dark to pop it in and try it out. Too bad tomorrow's a normal workday for me... but that's what the giant can of energy drink is cooling in my fridge for... :)
bratpack
Just Passing Through

Post by bratpack »

Martee wrote:
Vixx wrote:Here's what I've been told. It's 29 March for mainland Europe and because major releases happen on a Friday in the UK, here it'll be the 30 March.

I'm almost thankful that it was released in the US before the UK as now that I've watched a walkthrough I know that I would have been sorely disappointed if I had paid full price for it on release day.
I'm going to wait until it comes down in price before I buy it.
IMO I think a walkthrough just ruined it for you and is definatly not the same as playing on your tv with some sound cranked up plus nighttime playing is a rule for SH IMO :mrgreen:

You should have rented it even instead you cant go wrong with renting LOL
The Chauffeur
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by The Chauffeur »

I'm past the point of caring to be honest. Now that half the world and his fucking dog have already consumed it, digested it and are currently shitting out its contents all over this forum and everywhere else, I've rapidly lost interest in acquiring it at all.

They'll be lucky if I even bother renting it and where I live - the way it's going - there'll be no game shops left to even sell it at this rate.
formerly Caroline452 / Tears of Alessa
vanbakura
Just Passing Through

Post by vanbakura »

Interestingly, I have looked all over Glasgow and only one shop stocks this game. They have decided to charge £49.99 for it, since they are the only game in town (no pun intended). I think this game will just have to wait for the bargain bucket then.
vanbakura.deviantart.com
Lumpyspace94
Just Passing Through

Post by Lumpyspace94 »

I got my copy in Tesco's on Friday for 50 euro's. Started it yesterday and nearly at the end now I completely think it's worth it. I've been dodging spoilers sense it came out in the US. HD collection should arrive by post tomorrow I hope :D
Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

Tears Of Alessa wrote:I'm past the point of caring to be honest. Now that half the world and his fucking dog have already consumed it, digested it and are currently shitting out its contents all over this forum and everywhere else, I've rapidly lost interest in acquiring it at all.

They'll be lucky if I even bother renting it and where I live - the way it's going - there'll be no game shops left to even sell it at this rate.
You must get it! I've been looking forward to what the European members think of the game.

@lumpy: I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it. :D
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.