March 29th. That's the date. (UK release date)

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

The_Journeyman
Just Passing Through

March 29th. That's the date. (UK release date)

Post by The_Journeyman »

Nothing else to say. 8)
Typographenia
Historical Society Historian

Re: March 29th. That's the date.

Post by Typographenia »

Yeah there is: Why is this the way that the general public finds out the release date of a game?

I'm glad the info is out, but that is a terrible way of letting an entire region learn of their release date.
bratpack
Just Passing Through

Post by bratpack »

I agree they handled the whole thing very badly even online shopping sites still dont list this date yet either so WTF!

Also its a thursday aswell which is odd as games always come out on the friday and releasing them both on the same day jeez its like you wait so long for just one then they all come along together I hate that.
MeatyDistraction
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by MeatyDistraction »

I saw a different date on IGN.

Good to be back, after a looong time, by the way. :)
"Are you goin' to Hell or Heaven? Did you walk with the sinners, or pray with the reverend? Tell the truth, I did a little of both, but ain't no tellin' where I'm goin' 'til my body's a ghost."
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Typographenia wrote:Yeah there is: Why is this the way that the general public finds out the release date of a game?

I'm glad the info is out, but that is a terrible way of letting an entire region learn of their release date.
This. Konami's handled Silent Hill: Shattered Memories and Silent Hill: Downpour very, very poorly.

By the way, you might want to edit the topic title to make it clear the 29th is for the UK.
Kawwah85
Just Passing Through

Re: March 29th. That's the date. (UK release date)

Post by Kawwah85 »

First it said Feb 23 (Blockbuster). Then it said March 15, and now March 29. I really hope they can make up their minds in there. The only good thing for me about this, is that it get released on payday, and I can actually afford it by then.
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

Tbh it's got to the point now where I've waited long enough, an extra week isn't going to kill me. I am still hyped for the game but I'm just expecting delays now so I'm not that bothered by it.
ashatteredmemory
Gravedigger

Post by ashatteredmemory »

^ i'm about feeling the same way, especially cause of the long delay that Shattered Memories has gotten. I do however hope they won't delay it any more, since it's the second (or even third) set date for release.
"Grown-ups tell kids there's no such thing as monsters, that the Bogeyman is just make-believe, and there's nothing hiding under their beds, but that's a lie. Because I've seen 'em." - Murphy Pendleton
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

Im still amazed that the US date was pushed back a week. Especially when Tomm said everywhere that it's out in america tomorrow. *Sigh*
Martee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Martee »

Just saw this on Twitter:

Don't know if that's US or what... Either way I'm confused.... how many dates are they going to give us?
My supply fell through...
bratpack
Just Passing Through

Post by bratpack »

thats the USA date

but im also wondering how offical are the facebook Konami team there probly in the dark just as much as we are but just giving a UK date to shut us all up LOL

Its still strange to me how play and amazonUK etc are still saying Date TBC

Wishfull thinking ON MY PART!! but I would be so happy if it was out here in UK+IRE next Friday the 16th :mrgreen: as iv got a free house that weekend and recently bought a 55inch 3DTV with proper Surroud sound :lol: Cannot wait to play it in 3D and full surround sound.

Iv played SH1 already to warm up and have not played SH2+3 in years even though I have them in the backroom I wanna wait for the HD ones.
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

GameStop UK have the game listed as 30th March, plus they have a pic of the final box art (Notice the BBFC rating is gone and is replaced by PEGI's)

Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Man, what is Konami DOING? They obviously care enough about Silent Hill as a cash-making franchise to keep making the games, but they're limiting themselves by not even being clear about the release date, much less refusing to advertise.
The SH Champion
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by The SH Champion »

It is defentely coming out on the 13th (I hope!!). One more week to go. :mrgreen:
"The Fear of Blood tends to create fear for the flesh."
-Silent Hill
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

SH's Facebook have mentioned in a news post that the UK release is March 29th
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

Game have changed the date on their website to the 30th instead of the 16th. I wonder why they keep pushing it back. Im just glad that it's only a week behind the US date and not like 3 Months!
Biccard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Biccard »

I live in Europe and I'm thinking about buying the american version, because apparently the EU version got pushed back to april 6th. I know that you can't answer this for Downpour itself, but are there usually any differences in US and EU version of the Silent Hill games? I wouldn't want to miss out on European content just cuz I'm impatient.
fudgestix

Post by fudgestix »

As far as I know there won't be any differences. I heard (although I can't remember where D:) the reason for the push back was due to all the languages we have in Europe, so you shouldn't be missing out at all :)

That being said, languages seems like a pretty lame excuse, considering how many other games actually manage to hit release date.
THE RULES! [click me and learn]
"I think I'd prefer a sword over a penis anyday." - Wigeke
Mxpn - Restless Night (bandcamp)
Biccard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Biccard »

Great thanks :D so the only difference shoulde be the option to translate it into french, german, italian, spanish like most other games? I also bought the US version of Homecoming because it was 3-4 months delayed in Europe, and also I read that the EU version of Homecoming would be censored, I just HOPE they don't do that with Downpour!
fudgestix

Post by fudgestix »

As far as I know, there haven't been any issues with censorship with Downpour. It's received a 15 age rating from the BBFC (uk rating agency), without any cuts or issues at least.
THE RULES! [click me and learn]
"I think I'd prefer a sword over a penis anyday." - Wigeke
Mxpn - Restless Night (bandcamp)