Box art

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

Martee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

UK Box art

Post by Martee »

Don't know if this has been posted before, I didn't see it anywhere.

I might be looking into this too hard, but I think it's interesting that there is a track on the soundtrack called 'Clowning Around With Monsters' and the 'monster' on this box art sort of looks like it has clown make up on its eyes.
My supply fell through...
silenthillking
Just Passing Through

Re: UK Box art

Post by silenthillking »

More to the point the postman is on the box has he got a big role in game love the cover way better than the usa version (my opinion).
Martee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Martee »

silenthillking wrote:More to the point the postman is on the box has he got a big role in game love the cover way better than the usa version (my opinion).
There was a video posted on the forum that I can't seem to find now, which consisted of some gameplay while a woman asked Tomm some questions about the game. In that Tomm mentioned that:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
The postman is going to be quite an important character and is going to act as some what of a guide for Murphy and seemingly has some kind of 'insider knowledge' about what is going on in the game. Apparently he is also going to appear in Book of Memories.
bratpack
Just Passing Through

Post by bratpack »

Im suprised you havent seen it though thats out what seems like forever for me LOL
Martee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Martee »

bratpack wrote:Im suprised you havent seen it though thats out what seems like forever for me LOL
I'm not surprised in the slightest, I haven't been keeping up to date on Downpour at all ever since I played the early demo at Eurogamer in London. I came back to the forum to see if there was any cool info floating around since we're close to release but was surprised to find almost nothing.

The only thing that caught my attention was that video I mentioned in my previous post, I actually look forward to randomly exploring the town, though I don't feel very invested in the story or characters yet. Hopefully they just don't want to spoil anything.
fudgestix

Box art

Post by fudgestix »

Merged to keep all the box art info in one topic :)
THE RULES! [click me and learn]
"I think I'd prefer a sword over a penis anyday." - Wigeke
Mxpn - Restless Night (bandcamp)
ebolasupermonky
Just Passing Through

Re: Box art

Post by ebolasupermonky »

It just bugs me that in the trailers they show all of him and on the box art the top half of his face is cut off. Think it has anything to do with the story?
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.
If you agree, add it to your sig.
Talolili
Just Passing Through

Re: Box art

Post by Talolili »

Hmm, I'm looking at my game's cover art now and I think it's ok. I do like it much more than SH 4's and Homecoming's by a long shot.
"What the hell?" Henry Townsend