Box art

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

Piramit Kafa
Just Passing Through

Re: Boxart?

Post by Piramit Kafa »

I said earlier that Amazon UK version was ugly but now that I've seen this shitty Origins look alike I definitely prefer the UK version.
There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.
Xev
Historical Society Historian

Post by Xev »

I do not care for the UK cover posted. The large image isnt too bad but that green exorcist postal man thrown in there looks silly to me. Looks like it was just meshed together with no care of how they were supposed to interact for the final piece. Ridiculous.

The US version is not too thrilling either. Pretty straightforward. A guy with an ax. Although I enjoy the way the rain and water looks, I cannot stand the new silent hill text/logo. Boring!! I am still in love with Sh2's text style but I know nothing can last forever.
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

Wow, now we get shitty boxart, too? Come on, everyone, just accept that this game's gonna flop! :p

I like the UK boxart much better than the US one. The US is just (like Brad said) bland. I was hoping for something very appealing, that really gets you, but...nope. Boring as hell.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by thy_butcher »

As I've stated, I think the boxart is mediocre. But I don't think complaints should arise over the boxart not being vivid enough. That it doesn't represent the game well. But honesty, which previous SH Cover best represented the game itself. Perhaps the UK SH4 cover did the best; but think about the others. All versions of every games boxart. I don't think any of them represented the game experience to be had within. I'm not complaining; I actually prefer the boxart to not be so obvious.
Hydra666
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Hydra666 »

Aerith Gainsborough wrote:Wow, now we get shitty boxart, too? Come on, everyone, just accept that this game's gonna flop! :p
Even if a cover sucks, it doesn't means the game will too. Think about Homecumming, the cover was awesome but the game was a total dump.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

^ That cover failed to high hell. >_> We ARE talking bout the NA cover right?
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Am I the only one who feels as if these new boxarts aren't the final draft version? Something about the tortured guy's right (left) eyelid looks really bad, and the shadow done with Blackwood when the light is over his head seems too off, and the blandness of the American cover with the old Downpour logo, not the clock one, all looks iffy and "beta"-ish to me.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

I believe it's been stated that these are indeed official boxarts.
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

I kinda liked Homecoming's cover. at first i didn't care for it, but the cover make sense once you play through the game.

uh, i definitely prefer the UK version, and i don't see wh folks are shitting over the UK one anyway. the NA cover is "just... bland as hell."

seriously, did they run out of money and just do the thing in Paint themselves? looks like i'll print off the UK or JPN cover and use that one instead.
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

^ That's a great idea! :o

I really liked the Homecoming US cover, it was different, toned down, and interesting.

I also thought SH1's US cover represented the game well. It showed fog and characters.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
Xev

Post by Xev »

I liked Homecoming's as well! No one else seemed to.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Doctor Eggnog wrote: I also thought SH1's US cover represented the game well. It showed fog and characters.
I lol'ed at that comment, although it wasn't meant as a joke :lol:

I find Homecoming's boxart (US) to be extremely bland as well. The only really well-done boxarts of the SH games I've seen so far are SH2's US cover, SH4's PAL cover, and SHSM's Harry cover.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

^I personally found the Harry cover of SHSM to be an unappealing, ugly mess. It just looked like they took a close up of Harry's face, photoshopped the crap out of it, and then threw an ice effect over top.
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

simeonalo wrote:
Doctor Eggnog wrote: I also thought SH1's US cover represented the game well. It showed fog and characters.
I lol'ed at that comment, although it wasn't meant as a joke :lol:
Actually it kinda was. :)
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Xev wrote:I liked Homecoming's as well! No one else seemed to.
I liked it too. It's not so bad like everyone says. . .
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

The framed photo idea is definitely not something widely explored on gaming boxart, so I'll give them that.
The execution was just really lacking. It looked like a middle schooler trying to convey the themes of the game. "If I write this super sad/scary stuff all over the front that makes it creepy and stuff!"
delusion
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by delusion »

Shitty cover that reminds me of Origins. The white cloud behind the text is bad. SH3's UK cover is the best so far.
Xev

Post by Xev »

Typographenia wrote:
The framed photo idea is definitely not something widely explored on gaming boxart, so I'll give them that.
The execution was just really lacking. It looked like a middle schooler trying to convey the themes of the game. "If I write this super sad/scary stuff all over the front that makes it creepy and stuff!"
Ha yea I see what you're saying but it is different like you said, and I love the expressions on the faces. Many of the games though, have that execution. Such as The Room. Chains and a zombie ghost face all over it. Must be scary!
gomezaddams
Just Passing Through

Post by gomezaddams »

i'll take either of the covers over the U.S. Homecoming cover. good god....
19pack
Just Passing Through

Post by 19pack »

Now that Downpour seems to have been postponed until 2012, do you reckon they're going to listen to fan feedback for the case art and alter it?

Or do you think all the slips have been printed by now and the currently disc-less jewel cases are sitting in various national storage depots until the actual release?