One Week to Launch - Your feelings?

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

fudgestix

Re: One Week to Launch - Your feelings?

Post by fudgestix »

I'm trying not to look forward to it, because I did that with Homecoming and that just gave me a sad.

I'm cautiously optimistic, since a lot of the stuff I've been hearing sounds like something I'd enjoy, but I guess that could all change once I start playing. I just wish I didn't have to wait the extra two weeks to find out :c
THE RULES! [click me and learn]
"I think I'd prefer a sword over a penis anyday." - Wigeke
Mxpn - Restless Night (bandcamp)
The Chauffeur
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by The Chauffeur »

^I learnt to not be like that too after *the game I don't like as much as all the others* :P -y'all that know me should know which one that is..

I want to play Downpour as much as the next Silent Hill fan, but economy dictates that I have to wait. It's as simple as that. I waited about a year and a half to buy a copy and play Heavy Rain (maybe even longer?) and I certainly was not disappointed - even after all that time. Thankfully, no one spoiled it for me. I feel for, and am grateful to, the mods here who have to remove the spoilers and in turn, hijack the game for themselves.
formerly Caroline452 / Tears of Alessa
supperhater
Just Passing Through

Post by supperhater »

Doctor Eggnog wrote:"It feels better and more fun to play it on the release day."

The only game I've ever played right on release was Silent Hill: Origins. It certainly didn't change anything about it. I would certainly never buy a console game on release now. Sixty bucks is just too much, especially when it's going to be thirty or twenty in a year or two. Most I've ever payed is forty. I guess the economy needs people to buy stuff right on release, but I can't imagine who these people are. Everything just gets so much cheaper, I find it more alluring to wait.
Haha 60 bucks seems like a bargain to me as where I am (Australia) it'll retail for $90-100... so I'll be grabbing a 'cheap' copy online asap which will probably be 50-65 bucks. I don't really buy games that often, even most games I'm interested in I won't buy on the release date but this one is an exception :mrgreen:
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

I would say I'm looking forward to it. Oddly enough I'm actually going to wait for the HD collection to come out first before I buy Downpour so that I can play through the entire series (sans SM) with the new and shiny versions of SH2 and SH3 as a way to build up to the latest installment. I rather like my plan :wink:
Bitch, don't kill my vibe.
Apocali
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Apocali »

After all the influx of new info and opinions I'm definitely really looking forward to this game now. Going to get it on Tuesday for sure.
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by WelcomeToNowhere »

Destructoid just put out a review, and it was pretty nice to it. It got about an 80/100, the best review so far!
Destructoid wrote:When it's not forcing a sub-par combat system on players, and when it allows itself to be as imaginative as it can be, Silent Hill: Downpour is a stylish, slickly produced, beautifully foreboding game.
It gives me hope for our future. :3
Silent Fantasy
Historical Society Historian

Post by Silent Fantasy »

^ It seems Vatra may have gotten it right, or atleast close, this time. Silent Hill needs a good dev company now. (Especially after DH) Though Climax did great to me as well.
I cant wait for my pre-order to come in tomarrow though, even if I wont be able to play it till I get off work Wensday morning. X(
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Only one more day, folks

Heh...

The SH Champion
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by The SH Champion »

I can't wait. what did gamestop rate Downpour and the HD collection? Does anyone know?
"The Fear of Blood tends to create fear for the flesh."
-Silent Hill
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

Do you mean their magazine Gameinformer or did you mean Gamespot?
ShadowofNyx
Just Passing Through

Post by ShadowofNyx »

I could not wait to open the package and play (on paused now) so I have been very excited for the game.
"Just because we've similar interests does not guarantee you're going to like me! My foot in your ass is a good example of that. My delusionary hell does not agree with yours!!" -Nny
Biccard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Biccard »

KiramidHead wrote:Only one more day, folks
Not for me. Right now it's set to be released on march 30th. It's been moved so many times. February 23rd, march 6th, march 15th, and now march 30th. I'm even expecting it to be moved again. Although if it comes out tomorrow in the US, then a release will be in the near future for me in Europe as well.
raptor112
Just Passing Through

Post by raptor112 »

Picking up my copy tomorrow at game stop...My only worry is that I suck at combat and that even on easy I'll get my ass kicked
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by WelcomeToNowhere »

I feel so bad for everybody in the PAL region--y'all gotta wait all that extra time while the North America/Japan region is playing the games and having fun. Oh, well. :/

@raptor112: That's exactly what the reviews and previews have been saying. It's also supposed to be the prettiest and biggest Silent Hill to date, so I guess you take what you can get, right?
raptor112
Just Passing Through

Post by raptor112 »

WelcomeToNowhere wrote:I feel so bad for everybody in the PAL region--y'all gotta wait all that extra time while the North America/Japan region is playing the games and having fun. Oh, well. :/

@raptor112: That's exactly what the reviews and previews have been saying. It's also supposed to be the prettiest and biggest Silent Hill to date, so I guess you take what you can get, right?
I agree, I feel bad for them too. My hope is that the reviewers were playing on normal, so easy will be easy.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Heh. I got an email from Amazon saying my copy has shipped today. I'm super excited now. :D
raptor112
Just Passing Through

Post by raptor112 »

KiramidHead wrote:Heh. I got an email from Amazon saying my copy has shipped today. I'm super excited now. :D
I got my email about the soundtrack today!!!
mustangman
Just Passing Through

Post by mustangman »

My copy shipped and is a one hour drive away for UPS!

I've totally avoided spoilers over the last two years and can't wait to see how the story pans out.
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

WelcomeToNowhere wrote:I feel so bad for everybody in the PAL region--y'all gotta wait all that extra time while the North America/Japan region is playing the games and having fun. Oh, well. :/
We can import. I did for Homecoming (but mostly because the version being released here would have been censored due to us not having an R18+ rating :x *resists urge to rant*).
ShadowofNyx
Just Passing Through

Post by ShadowofNyx »

I am trying to figure should I just get the pre-rdered one from gamestop and see if I can sell it since it has been pre-ordred for some time and or just pay the 5 for not picking it up since I am playing it already. But I have no idea who to sell it to and paying 65.31 for something I already have and paid around the same price would be a drain...but when I got the call from my normal game store saying they had it I couldn't resist getting it. xD
"Just because we've similar interests does not guarantee you're going to like me! My foot in your ass is a good example of that. My delusionary hell does not agree with yours!!" -Nny