One Week to Launch - Your feelings?

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Re: One Week to Launch - Your feelings?

Post by ww_andi »

i will be picking it up tomorrow at ten in the morning and i will be playing all day i am excited
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by thy_butcher »

I'm definitely waiting until night to play. Quiet. Dark.
Just the game and I.
Sounds sensual... :)
Talolili
Just Passing Through

Post by Talolili »

I'm pretty excited about getting DP tomorrow. I'm still gonna keep my fingers crossed about enjoying the game play though.
"What the hell?" Henry Townsend
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

I've actually spoiled the game for myself a bit, but I will not spoil it for anyone else here. But from what I've seen, this game looks awesome!, and it's actually pretty chilling and frightening at times. At least from what I"ve seen, and the story bits I've seen, mind you I haven't seen alot yet. But man what I"ve seen, are very well written, and flow nicely with the characters and situations.

As far as gameplay, I haven't actually played, but from what I can see the combat is what you'd expect in a silent hill game, it's clunky as hell, but I"m sure this was the intention of the developers. Afterall, this is what they were saying during the press conferences and such. That they were dialing back the combat a bit, and focusing more on exploration and puzzles. And let me tell ya, the puzzles are actually interesting looking, at least from what I"ve seen so far.

Anyway Talolili, hope that answers a couple questions for you. And I'm very excited about Downpour releasing today, going to pick it up as soon as I get the chance to.
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
Catch22
Subway Guard

Post by Catch22 »

Still playing ME3, so I won't pick this up right away. It honestly feels wrong to delay my playing of a Silent Hill game. I've been waiting for years. My body is so ready. Mama needs her fix. But if I let the games pile up, I'll never finish any of them.

I will be vigilant.
The Chauffeur
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by The Chauffeur »

WelcomeToNowhere wrote:I feel so bad for everybody in the PAL region--y'all gotta wait all that extra time while the North America/Japan region is playing the games and having fun. Oh, well. :/
UK's used to being treated like the poor cousin of America - don't worry about it. Not only that - but the way the UK drags its arse, it'll be a wonder if it's released at all. Something else that doesn't encourage me to rush out and hand over full price for it. You reading this, Konami?

The same release date everywhere would be too easy and too considerate. Can't have us having fun at the same time as everyone else now.
formerly Caroline452 / Tears of Alessa
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by thy_butcher »

I just returned from getting my copy.
I'm pumped; but I'll refrain from playing it until tonight.
I will however boot it up for installation & a look at the trophies/main menu. I also want to see the intro video properly.
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

Now that the game has been released in the United States of Awesome, this thread has served its purpose.