Downpour Easter Eggs (spoilers within)

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

Herr Shaun
Gravedigger

Downpour Easter Eggs (spoilers within)

Post by Herr Shaun »

What are some easter eggs you've found in Downpour? (I'm not sure if I need to use spoiler tags since it's already noted in the thread title, but I'll use them anyway.)
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
The radio outside of the gas station at the very beginning plays a few bars of "Magdalene" from SH2.
This was spoiled for me ahead of time, but apparently you can find Henry's apartment from SH4. Image is here.
You've got your good things, and I've got mine.
PoemOfTheLastMoment
Gravedigger

Re: Downpour Easter Eggs (spoilers within)

Post by PoemOfTheLastMoment »

I just saw a Silent hill 4 easter egg and it felt like an epic fail! why is the door still covered in chains when all the chains came off in SH4! i mean is Henry still stuck in the apartments? somebody tell me the logic behind this?
Now I Know, The Real Reason Why I Came To This Town....I Wonder....What Was I Afraid Of? Without You..I've Got Nothing...Now, We Can Be Together Again.....Mary.....
Martee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Martee »

There is a picture at one part of the game called "Shepherd House" and it's a picture of Alex's house from Homecoming.
Last edited by Martee on 14 Mar 2012, edited 1 time in total.
My supply fell through...
Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nillin »

PoemOfTheLastMoment wrote:
I just saw a Silent hill 4 easter egg and it felt like an epic fail! why is the door still covered in chains when all the chains came off in SH4! i mean is Henry still stuck in the apartments? somebody tell me the logic behind this?
Because it's an easter egg, that's why. It's just meant to be something that makes you go, "Oh, wow! Haha! I remember this!"
I once was lost, but am now profound.
The Silent Executioner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by The Silent Executioner »

Shepherds Glen Welcome sign, Shepherds House, Incubus labeled "Demon Samael" are all pictures hanging in the tower along with other pics of ingame locations on 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors.
Martee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Martee »

Not sure if really an easter egg, but I wouldn't be surprised. Silent Hill 1 'starts' in a diner, with the radio being on a table to the front left. The diner from the start of Downpour has a walkie talkie on the front left table.
bloodydjehuty
Just Passing Through

Post by bloodydjehuty »

Murphy's Cell is 302
In Pearl Creek, Murphy can visit a replica of Room 302.
the mentioning of previous generations of the Gillespie family
the welcome to Shepherd's glen picture
the dj plays the original silent hill theme when you meet him
Martee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Martee »

The Silent Executioner wrote:Incubus labeled "Demon Samael"
I'm sure I remember reading in the Silent Hill 1 forum that people were saying that Incubus is not Samael and that Dahlia is misleading Harry, except this clearly says that Incubus is indeed Samael..... anyone care to explain? :P

Also in the Library there is a book that says:
"...many made pilgrimages to what is now called Toluca Lake. One such pilgrim was Professor Horace Holloway, who wrote in his diary:
"Stepping foot on that ground, even a fool could sense its sacred nature. Surely this place is the one for which we have sought."
These groups studied and gradually integrated the religious practices of the Native tribes, often interpreting deities and rites in terms of their personal traditions. In this way, figures such as Metatron, Samael and Molech were brought to the New World, as well as varying divination practices (Ornithomancy, Scrying, Gyromancy, et al.)."

Note the name Holloway, Judge and Elle Holloway from Homecoming, the references to Metatron and Samael and the reference to Gyromancy, if I remember correctly Dahlia was said to be a gyromancer.
Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nillin »

Martee wrote:
The Silent Executioner wrote:Incubus labeled "Demon Samael"
I'm sure I remember reading in the Silent Hill 1 forum that people were saying that Incubus is not Samael and that Dahlia is misleading Harry, except this clearly says that Incubus is indeed Samael..... anyone care to explain? :P
Groups in opposition to the cult often likened the Order's god to a devil, and Dahlia more than likely borrowed the name from some other group that was slandering the Order with it. It's entirely possible that the person who owned the painting was a member of one of these groups, or maybe the building is owned by one of these groups.

They should expand upon these groups in another game. I think it would be interesting.
I once was lost, but am now profound.
Martee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Martee »

bloodydjehuty wrote:
the dj plays the original silent hill theme when you meet him
When you first enter the room you can hear the end of the song Love Psalm from Silent Hill 2 just before he puts on the Silent Hill Theme, then finally he puts on Please Love Me... Once More from Silent Hill 3.

Also in the clock tower otherworld there is a halo of the sun, which is missing all the runes and looks more like the one from Homecoming.
bloodydjehuty
Just Passing Through

Post by bloodydjehuty »

good catch, by that point I was paying more attention to what was being said.

another minute one:
on the "early residents of devil's pit" flyer that you get in the beginning:
" HEY KIDS: is silent hill a special place to you?"
it may be a stretch but might be referring to the town as Mary and James's "special place"
Martee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Martee »

The kid you meet in St Maria's mentions the Bogeyman and that there's a rhyme that makes him go away. Reference to the rhyme about the Bogeyman from Homecoming?

There's a Homecoming halo of the sun in the otherworld St Marias in blue above the stage.

There's also a Homecoming halo of the sun in the otherworld St Marias in white on a bell.
The Silent Executioner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by The Silent Executioner »

Not really an easter egg but I found a Dell logo.
Looks better in person, my phone sucks.
Martee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Martee »

The Silent Executioner wrote:Not really an easter egg but I found a Dell logo.
Looks better in person, my phone sucks.[/img]
That's a bit weird, I wonder if Dell knows about this? *Lawsuit pending* lol :P
There's another Homecoming style Halo of the Sun near the end of the game in the prison otherworld with the spinning water bit.

I also noticed that the nun in St Marias recites some religious mumbo jumbo that is very similar to the orders speech thing that is along the lines of:
"Man offered a serpent to the sun and prayed for salvation, woman offered a reed to the sun and asked for joy.......... God created etc etc... blah blah blah"
Quick and easy way to hear this is to listen to the track Sun from the Silent Hill 3 soundtrack.
The nuns version is slightly different though, which I suppose could explain the use of the Homecoming Halo of the Sun. Though I was under the impression that the Halo of the Sun from Homecoming was specific to the Shepherds Glen sect.
TerryRed
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TerryRed »

During one of the Otherword sequences when you are sliding down for a while, you can see Cheryl running across a metal walkway. You slide down some more and then you can see Harry running across a similar type walkway.
The current progress of my Silent Hill pinball (video) game can be seen here:

https://youtu.be/aMklvWiUqhY
Martee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Martee »

thagerty wrote:During one of the Otherword sequences when you are sliding down for a while, you can see Cheryl running across a metal walkway. You slide down some more and then you can see Harry running across a similar type walkway.
I'm pretty sure what you saw wasn't Harry and Cheryl but was in fact the little girl from later in the game and Anne (the prison guard lady). I paused the walkthrough I was watching to check. Though I might be wrong, probably worth checking out.
TerryRed
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TerryRed »

Martee wrote:
thagerty wrote:During one of the Otherword sequences when you are sliding down for a while, you can see Cheryl running across a metal walkway. You slide down some more and then you can see Harry running across a similar type walkway.
I'm pretty sure what you saw wasn't Harry and Cheryl but was in fact the little girl from later in the game and Anne (the prison guard lady). I paused the walkthrough I was watching to check. Though I might be wrong, probably worth checking out.
You're right... the second time I watched it, I saw it very clearly. My wrong...no Harry / Cheryl.
The current progress of my Silent Hill pinball (video) game can be seen here:

https://youtu.be/aMklvWiUqhY
tonkagarfield
Just Passing Through

Post by tonkagarfield »

In the Theater if you look on the wall you can see one of the posters for the multiple movies that were in the Theater of Silent hill Shattered memories.
I seen so far Together Forever, Good Poison and one of the other posters have Vatra written on it.
Dark Shadow
Just Passing Through

Post by Dark Shadow »

In the orphanage there's an office that looks very similar to Kaufmann's office from Silent Hill 1, and right where the smashed Alglaophotis was there's a blood puddle with a pistol nearby, to which Murphy will say "Now that's more like it"
mjm800
Just Passing Through

Post by mjm800 »

I don't know if this is an Easter Egg or just an unintended thing.
When you go into the house with the room that has the multi colored lights there was the sound of a squeaky toy. In SH1 the babyshadow ghosts that were harmless, they made the same sound.
Mod edit: BBCode was disabled, turned it on so spoiler tags worked - Fudgestix