clothing

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

bloodydjehuty
Just Passing Through

clothing

Post by bloodydjehuty »

I wonder if anyone has found out yet, but not only can you put your prison jumpsuit back on, but after completing a certain side quest (there may be more, I only did the one) that you can wear yet another outfit (blue hoodie).
does this affect anything beyond what murphy looks like?
aj4x94
Historical Society Historian

Re: clothing

Post by aj4x94 »

bloodydjehuty wrote:I wonder if anyone has found out yet, but not only can you put your prison jumpsuit back on, but after completing a certain side quest (there may be more, I only did the one) that you can wear yet another outfit (blue hoodie).
So far, nothing has really changed as far as I know besides appearances. But I'm wondering if not changing into a certain outfit will affect how a certain cutscene plays out. Specifically,
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
the scene where Cunningham frisks Murphy in the mines and finds the police badge he found in the green shirt. I'll have to try it on my next playthrough.
You can take my heart
And hold it together as we fall apart
Maybe together we can make a mark in the stars we embark
And keep us together as the lights go dark
bloodydjehuty
Just Passing Through

Post by bloodydjehuty »

aj4x94 wrote:
bloodydjehuty wrote:I wonder if anyone has found out yet, but not only can you put your prison jumpsuit back on, but after completing a certain side quest (there may be more, I only did the one) that you can wear yet another outfit (blue hoodie).
So far, nothing has really changed as far as I know besides appearances. But I'm wondering if not changing into a certain outfit will affect how a certain cutscene plays out. Specifically,
the scene where Cunningham frisks Murphy in the mines and finds the police badge he found in the green shirt. I'll have to try it on my next playthrough.
doubtfully
you'd still have the badge in your inventory from putting on the clothes to begin with... otherwise you'd not get the key and be stuck with no way to unlock the gate
I'm on my 2nd play-through and I'll experiment more with the clothing and see what happens
RinoTheBouncer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by RinoTheBouncer »

There's this shot

I got the jacket (the one I'm supposed to give to the homeless guy but I don't have the option to put it on so I wonder where this shot came from.
Twitter: @RinoTheBouncer | www.rinothebouncer.com | Instagram: @RinoTheBouncer
Luotka Snih
Just Passing Through

Post by Luotka Snih »

aj4x94 wrote:
The cutscenes stay the same, even if Murphy changes clothes.
Actually, Murphy will state to Anne he found the badge in those clothes, regardless you're wearing the green shirt or not
CandyLander
Just Passing Through

Post by CandyLander »

what if you get to the caves with your priston outfit...can you do it? Like, getting to the caves without getting the badge in the first place
Have you seen a little girl? Short, black hair. Seven years old...
Luotka Snih
Just Passing Through

Post by Luotka Snih »

CandyLander wrote:what if you get to the caves with your priston outfit...can you do it? Like, getting to the caves without getting the badge in the first place
You have to change to the green shirt if you wanna progress with the game (it has the key to open the next fence door). Once you do this, however, you can wear the prison uniform once again.
Yiyo-chan
Just Passing Through

Post by Yiyo-chan »

RinoTheBouncer wrote:There's this shot

I got the jacket (the one I'm supposed to give to the homeless guy but I don't have the option to put it on so I wonder where this shot came from.
Dunno if this is what you are aiming to... but when you complete the Stolen Good SQ, you have to return to the thief's apartment and go to where he is hanging to search around. There's a pile of clothing. You can switch there to get the hoodie and jeans. Let me know if you meant that outfit :)
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

^Already mentioned in the first post of this thread. ;)

Rino was wondering if there's some way to wear the coat shown in that image he posted. I'm inclined to think it's just concept art and there's no way to actually wear that coat.
Yiyo-chan
Just Passing Through

Post by Yiyo-chan »

I feel stupid now because I didn't notice it's a coat and not a hoodie -_-
/derp