Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 08 Dec 2019

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Did this happen to you!

Missing since: 02 Feb 2010
Notes left: 24
[Reveal] Spoiler:
I lost my gun and flashlight! :( I crossed a bridge and it collapsed when I climbed up I tried to turn on the flashlight...gone. I checked for my gun...gone! Geeez, I just got it from the Pit Stop and I never even used it as I save bullets for bigger monsters. While I'm mad I lost my gun, I'm sure I'll get another. I thought it was a nice touch and put a wrinkle in fighting the wall crawler thing with melee weapons only.

Have others lost their weapons or did I lose mine because I did not cross the bridge careful enough? I'm just wondering if it was something that could have been avoided had I not slipped...if so that makes if even cooler!

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Re: Did this happen to you!

Missing since: 12 Jun 2011
Notes left: 47
Last seen at: Watertown, MA
This happened to me too and I thought it was a bad bug. Turns out it's supposed to happen. Don't worry, though. There's more as you progress. :)

Cafe5to2 Waitress

Missing since: 29 Jan 2008
Notes left: 265
It is definitely supposed to happen, don't worry. It is inconvenient but you'll be able to gather your items again soon. I think it's the game just trying to make you realize how impermanent your inventory is and to get used to it.

Cafe5to2 Waitress

Missing since: 23 Jun 2011
Notes left: 161
Last seen at: Silent Hill
I was mad when that happened. It sucks when you can only use the lighter for light. The cave was the longest level for me too!

Cafe5to2 Waitress

Missing since: 28 Jan 2007
Notes left: 174
yeah it happens later too, i was pissed the f off. I saved my shotgun and like 60 shells to use for the final boss, then i ended up losing them ALL in a level change. they say CONSERVE AMMO BECAUSE IT IS HARD TO COME BY. then they went and boned me when i wasnt looking, but oh well, it worked out very well in the end for me anyway.

Historical Society Historian

Missing since: 05 Jul 2010
Notes left: 3339
Last seen at: Kentucky
I wondered the same thing when it happened to me. It makes the game more realistic, though!

Gravedigger

Missing since: 27 Sep 2009
Notes left: 491
I think the only problem I had with this scene was the fact that you never feel the need to use your gun up to that point, at least I didn't. I had gotten used to melee and knocking those screamers the hell out, I assumed that gun could be really useful for a bigger guy, then, oh, nevermind.

Also wish you could unload your guns. Say you want to ditch your pistol but you have 5 rounds left, eh nope fuck you. Really annoying when I had two guns and I was like "oh I should get rid of this shotgun, oh no an enemy" *fires last shot in the gun* "WAIT NO DON'T RELOAD FFFFFFFUUUUU-".

Woodside Apartments Janitor

Missing since: 23 Apr 2006
Notes left: 1068
Last seen at: Upsate NY
Yeah honestly, I never used a gun through my whole first playthrough- well, until like 90% of the way through. I'm used to trying to conserve ammo, but after a while, I realized the game was just going to keep taking them away.

In downpour it seems to be best to use a gun when you get it.

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 26 Mar 2012
Notes left: 34
It took me forever to find out how to climb that bridge, and then when I finally did and my stuff was gone my brother kept blaming I dropped it somehow. It always happens whenever you fall and have to climb back up again, but I always save my ammo anyways.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Missing since: 08 Jan 2006
Notes left: 4060
Last seen at: Carrollton, TX
I was actually kinda glad to find I'd lost my weapons, because right before that I'd found out that I missed the first gun completely! I was pissed about that and considering starting over from a previous save. Then I lost my stuff and was all "Ho ho! Guess I didn't need that gun after all, eh what?"

And I liked having to navigate the mines with only the lighter for illumination; it provided just enough flickering light to make the atmosphere just perfect!

Brookhaven Receptionist

Missing since: 21 Dec 2006
Notes left: 879
Last seen at: Edinburgh, UK
I think I only ever used my gun on about two monsters. Most of the time I either hit them with my axe or just ran away, the latter being the most common thing I do

Woodside Apartments Janitor

Missing since: 21 May 2010
Notes left: 1241
I never used the gun either. i too was trying to conserve ammo and then the game was over...it was kinda weird that you can't have a melee weapon and the shotgun? I forget but it was something funky goin' on in term of having the shotgun and melee weapon?

Idk...i remember wanting to have the shotgun, but i dropped it so that i can have both a melee and firearm in terms of weapons...i think if you had the shotgun you couldn't carry a melee weapon...

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 15 Nov 2011
Notes left: 142
clips wrote:
I never used the gun either. i too was trying to conserve ammo and then the game was over...it was kinda weird that you can't have a melee weapon and the shotgun? I forget but it was something funky goin' on in term of having the shotgun and melee weapon?

Idk...i remember wanting to have the shotgun, but i dropped it so that i can have both a melee and firearm in terms of weapons...i think if you had the shotgun you couldn't carry a melee weapon...

you can have a shotgun and a melee weapon, but you can only have one of each, like, one melee weapon and one firearm

Subway Guard

Missing since: 02 Jan 2010
Notes left: 1725
Last seen at: Canadiania
JuriDawn wrote:
And I liked having to navigate the mines with only the lighter for illumination; it provided just enough flickering light to make the atmosphere just perfect!
I agree. I had my darkness set really low, so the lack of proper illumination made the mines very, very unnerving. I could barely see a few feet in front of me. It was great.

Historical Society Historian

Missing since: 12 Oct 2009
Notes left: 2523
Catch22 wrote:
JuriDawn wrote:
I agree. I had my darkness set really low, so the lack of proper illumination made the mines very, very unnerving. I could barely see a few feet in front of me. It was great.

See, it just frustrated me because I couldn't find the goddamn stairs by the elevator. XD

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Missing since: 08 Jan 2006
Notes left: 4060
Last seen at: Carrollton, TX
Yeah, I had a little trouble with that as well. Small price to pay for atmosphere, though. ^_^

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 15 Feb 2010
Notes left: 33
Last seen at: Silent Hill, I hope.
Downpour does it to you about three times throughout the game, and it is absolutely the worst during

[Reveal] Spoiler:
the last level.

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 28 Mar 2012
Notes left: 7
Yep. Kinda sucks you lose the gun, but you don't lose your ammo so that's good.
I was really frustrated at first, but I guess the game got me to actually use it and not to hide it throughout the whole game. Now I love just shooting the heck out of those monsters.