All Mysteries (Including Those Missing from Journal)

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

LastScion
Just Passing Through

All Mysteries (Including Those Missing from Journal)

Post by LastScion »

I'll be building this over the next little bit; feel free to add any to the thread that I've yet to type up (start from the back? ^u^) and/or discuss their meanings with me! If anyone organizes the wikia's info for memos, feel free to copypasta these and I'll drop by there to wax symbolism with you.

One request for help: I totally blew off the opportunity to copy down the secret books in the Centennial Building's archives that could be found with the UV light (got the Devil's Pit history signs, though). If anyone comes across the text, lemme know.

---------------

Early Residents of Devil's Pit (On table inside Devil's Pitstop)

Early Residents
of Devil's Pit

Did you know that Native Americans used to call Silent Hill home? Anthropologists know this because of the various artifacts found here, specifically in the cave systems surrounding Devil's Pit! A number of these relics indicate ceremonies being held for the deity Kwekwaxawe, suggesting his importance to the people here. In fact, one of the names given to this area was "Kwekwaxawe Kanesda" - "Nest of the Raven"

HEY KIDS:
IS SILENT HILL A SPECIAL PLACE TO YOU? IF YOU
WERE NAMING
THIS AREA, WHAT WOULD YOU CALL IT?

----------------

Voyeur's Notes (found on table in Devil's Pitstop owner's basement)

Room 5B -
- Returned to room at 7:51 PM. Showered.
- 8:10 PM (shampooed hair 2X). In bed.
- 8:42 PM w/ pink nighty and no panties! Lights off at 9:23 PM after reading (fashion magazine) and drinking a glass of wine (cheap zinfandel).

Room 102 -
- Ordered room service at 5:32 PM (house special fried chicken dinner w/ milk). Ate half while watching news program, then put tray outside door @ 7:10 PM.
Clipped tonails until 7:32 PM (left clippings on floor).
Watched TV rest of night until bedtime (10:35 PM).
Wore oversized men's button up (sheer!)

Room 6A -
- Shaved legs(!!) at 8:20 PM in bathtub.
In bed by 9:30 PM (sleeps nude). Snores loudly.

Room 103 -
Long phone call to a boyfriend(?) ended at 5:22 PM (argued the entire time). Cried herself to sleep.

-----------------------------

Train Accident Article (Found on storage room door in the mines.)

Train accident at Devil's Pit causes death of 8 children
by Wally Thompson, Staff Writer

"In what Silent Hill law enforcement officials are calling an unprecedented tragedy, 8 children were killed last night when the tour train in which they were riding derailed in the Devil's Pit mines.

Witnesses claimed by JP Sater, the train's operator, was visibly intoxicated at the time of the accident, and that negligence on his part may have led to the derailment.

"The train guy was drunk," said Phillip Menton, a tourist from Chicago. "He was belligerent to everyone, even the kids. There was no way he should have been operating anything"

"We've just begun investigating this terrible accident and it's far too soon to speculate on anything." Detective Edward Rogers told reporter[*] this morning. "Rest assured, we will utilize all available police resources and personnel to uncover the cause."

The Silent Hill Tourism Authority has shut down all Devil's Pit operations indefinitely, and has released the following statement: "We are saddened by the horrific accident involving the tourist train at our facilities, and we pledge to fully cooperate with law enforcement officials in all aspects of their investigation."

* [sic] The s in "reporters" was behind where the file was "torn."

----------------------------

Wilkes' Poem[*][/b] (Found on Wilkes' body, strapped to a fuse box, outside train station)

Beneath the slate burns wicked ash,
And the children cry for blood.

Outside, the fir trees blow
In a wind that knows not what happened here.

Or that Toluca's subterranean claws
Seed blood. Always blood.

- Wilkes

* I'm not sure if this text is supposed to be a clue to the train power puzzle; I guessed the answer by chance. If this is indeed a clue, the text may change with difficulty - I'm not sure. I played on Hard.

-------------------------------
Missing Poster (Hillside; Found in Hillside after exiting basement; near sandbox)

MISSING
CHILD
Charlie Pendleton
[photo] LOCAL MISSING CHILD LAST SEEN AT ROBBINS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL

IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT CHARLIE
PENDLETON, PLEASE CONTACT THE BOSTON
POLICE DEPARTMENT IMMEDIATELY

(617) 555 - 4475
PLEASE HELP
--------------------------------

Boston Police Report (Hillside; Found on police station floor, one room east of entrance)

POLICE DEPARTMENT[*]
Boston Police Department

Case Number: MA 0/814/1/969
Incident: Vehicle Theft
Reporting Officer: Sergeant Matthew Baker
Date of report: Feb. 26 [XXXX]

At about 2240 hours on 2/25 suspect [XXXXXXXX][**] was observed by a number of witnesses (see Appendix A) at 4050... Bromfield Road forcibly entering a parked police cruiser (Appendix B). Suspect was then able to start the vehicle and depart the scene in a reckless manner, approaching surface street speeds far in excess of the posted limits.
At approximately 2245 hours, patrol officers in the area, as well as Air Assets from the Sherrif's Department, answered the stolen vehicle call from dispatch and becan pursuit of the suspect. At 2310 hours, Suspect exited onto Interstate 94 (southbound) on Route 5 off-ramp. The suspect continued southbound on Interstate 94 at excessive speeds, and pursuing officers maintained a safe distance to reduce colliateral risk to nearby civilians.
At approxinately 0820 hours on 2/26 the suspect crossed the state line into Ashfield and exited onto surface streets. At that time, local officers cordoned off the area to civillian traffic and dispatched road spikes. The spikes disabled the stolen vehicle, bringing it to a complete stop at approximately 0835 hours.

PREPARED BY:
M Baker

Annual Felony Crime Survey[*][/b] (Hillside; Found in police station rear, by barricade)

"POLICE DEPARTMENT SILENT HILL"

From the Desk of Chief Ronald Doyle
Annual Felony Crime Survey

Property crime

Code: Select all

Incident                            # Incidents          Previous Year
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buglary                                    74                        54
Larceny / Theft                        386                      239
Auto Theft                                28                       30
Arson                                        3                          2
Violent Crimes

Code: Select all

Incident                            # Incidents          Previous Year
Homicide                                 6                           2
Forcible Rape                         4                           3
Aggravated Assault                53                         30
Robbery                                  6                           7[**]
* Possibly irrelevant information: Watermark of of SHPD number 661437, paper filed as 47-RT-1057. Date: and Case: left blank. Large bold R in corner of report itself. This is unwritten on the article, but true to the game: The current time is August 2006, which makes this information likely of 2005 compared to 2004.

** The 7 is obscured by a folded corner, but it's the only digit possible. The 5 also has a flat top, but is shorter and has an upward smudge to it.

---------------------------------

Crime Scene Photo - Evidence Card 2 (Hillside; Found in yard behind police department)

[No Screenshot][*]

* Depicts two footprints in the mud next to card with 2 on it

---------------------------------

Crime Scene Photo - Evidence Card 1 (Hillside; On scaffold that crosses from Hillside to Pearl Creek, stuck to barrel)

[No Screenshot][*]

* Depicts evidence card 1 next to ... I'm not sure, really. A wet sack wrapped in twine? What is this thing?

-----------------------------------

Dear Shithead [AKA "Letter to Thief"] (Pearl Creek; Apartment building through which Pearl Creek is entered. On door, 3rd floor)

Dear Shithead

I'm on to you, you junkie asshole. Next time something goes missing from my apartment, you can expect the cops to come knocking on your door. and if it's not them, it'll be me, and my knock is 12 gauges if you catch my drift. So if you don't want an ass full of buckshot, I suggest you stay the fuck away from my apartment. Last warning.

-----------------------------------

Letter from Mother (Pearl Creek; NW corner of Lansdale and Brite)

Sweetie,

Mommy has made a new path for you to follow how.
Remember the rules...

Yellow Ribbon = Turn Left
Red Ribbon = Turn Right

I know you sometimes get confused, so just be a big girl and look for mommy's ribbons and you'll be fine.
Whatever you do, DON'T BREAK THE RULES! Mommy will be waiting for you at home.

Hugs and Kisses,
Mommy

------------------------

Prison Riot Article[*] (Pearl Creek; Sidewalk of Brite St., east side)

Today in the News

Riot at Ryall State Prison results in four fatalities

A full-scale riot at Ryall State Prison was finally brought under control late last night after prison guards stormed the facility utilizing large quantities of tear gas, riot batons, and shotguns. As of this writing, four fatalities have been reported, all prisoners, whose names are being withheld.

"After a tense stand-off with a rather brutal physical confrontation, we were able to reestablish full control of the prison," said Warden Glen Milton. "Rest assured, we will get to the bottom of this and find out just what and, most importantly, who was the cause of this unfortunate disruption to normal prison operations."

A number of guards were reported injured in the incident as well, one seriously. Their names are also being withheld pending the investigation.

PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
The date of this article is Tuesday 20 and the rest is torn off; The real date is Tuesday 20, June, 2006. Murphy was to be released on Parole only six days later, but was transferred to Wayside Max instead after the events of this riot, transfer effective late August.
-------------------------------------

Storage Space Owner's Envelope[*][/b]

Aaron Ashfield
Apartment # (8)
(2)909 Witmer Road
Silent Hill, 0420(7)

* Numbers are circled in red pen, mail delivered from Abbot Maine on "AUG X5"

--------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Rice[*] (Pearl Creek; Inside Art Gallery, down Alley on [...Forgot] St.)

October 3rd

Dear Mr. Rice,

The DeLalla painting in your collection needs to be in a public gallery, not the private home of an eccentric recluse who selfishly hoards such treasures for his sole amusement. I have tried repeatedly to get you to accept my generous offer to purchase the painting, but once again you rebuff me, leaving me no choice but to take drastic measures.

It would be extremely unfortunate if certain details regarding your son's suicide were made public. Give me the painting, and I'll assure you that these allegations will never see the light of day. Refuse me, and face the consequences.

Sincerely,
Matlan

Melissa Matlan

* Address information blank; Watermark: FENDERS FINE ART & APPRAISALS, Footer: 210 MAIN STREET, Phone 586-7334, SILENT HILL

----------------------

Dear Mr. Rice[*] (Pearl Creek; Inside Art Gallery, down Alley on [...Forgot] St.)

September 14th

Dear Mr. Barker,

Thank you for returning my inquiry regarding the Liliana Shelley painting. It's wonderful to find another like-minded collector, especially one that's so familiar with the early work of this local artist. I was, however, extremely disappointed to hear that you have chosen to reject my offer to acquire this piece for my gallery. You have to understand that we are assembling what The Art Review has called "the most important and extensive collection" of Shelley's early oils ever displayed, and refusing to sell or lend the painting to the gallery is not only a disservice to Silent Hill, but an insult to the greater art community. Your refusal to support this celebration of Shelley's work will only lead to misfortune. I beg you to carefully reconsider my offer.

Sincerely,
Matlan

Melissa Matlan

* Address information scratched out in pen; Watermark: FENDERS FINE ART & APPRAISALS, Footer: scratched out in pen

-------------------------

Matlan's Personal Notes[*] (Pearl Creek; Inside Art Gallery, down Alley on [...Forgot] St.)

How large is the map? 3x3 grid? Maybe I don't need the entire map to find the treasure...

Who has the missing paintings? (Cross-check with Art collector Quarterly. Who's buying New England 19th century oils?)

Mr. Rice (won't return calls)
Ms. Brite [name crossed out]
Dr. S[XXXXX] [name crossed out]
Mr. Barker (refuses to sell)
Mr. Strad [name crossed out]

What do the symbols mean???
Native American. Maybe Algonquian? Call Pat at SH Historical Soc., maybe he knows?

Ravens - Death - burial site?

* FENDERS FINE ART & APPRAISALS

-----------------------

Parole Status[*] (Centennial Bulding; On entrance door)

MEMORANDUM
RYALL STATE PRISON

To: Glen Milton
Subject: Prisoner Pendleton, Murphy (273A); Parole Status

This letter is to inform you that parole has been approved for Prisoner Murphy Pendleton (273A), effective June 26. Mr. Pendleton has met all qualifications for early release and by all accounts is a model prisoner. We feel he is prepared to make the successful transition from a prisoner to citizen. Further, due to the non-violent nature of his conviction, it is our general opinion that he poses no physical threat/danger to the general public.

Please feel free to contact our office should you have any questions and/or concerns.

Respectfully,
Judith Zaragoza

Judith Zaragoza
Parole Committee Chairperson

* Filed as M-10-14, Ryall State Prison stamped 3-55147
---------------------

Status Update - Internal Investigation[*](Centennial Building; On cop car passenger seat)

INTERNAL MEMORANDUM
RYALL STATE PRISON

To: Warden Glen Milton
Subject: Status Update - Internal Investigation

Per our recent conversation, my department has initiated an aggressive internal investigation into the prison guard staff. In order to keep you appraised of signification developments, please note that we are paying particular attention to the activities, past and present, of Corrections Officer George Sewell. we have received an eyewitness testimony from Corrections Officer Frank Coleridge that suggests C.O. Sewell has been engaged in a number of illegal activities in the course of his duties.

Other than C.O. Coleridge's testimony, however, our evidence against Sewell's alleged violations remains circumstantial at this point and our investigation continues. I will keep you promptly appraised of any new findings.

Respectfully,
B Handley

Captain Bryan Handley
Chief of Guards

* Filed P - 32 - 7, SQ 457671 seems to be taped over the original stamp.

----------------------------

Prisoner Patrick Napier Memo (on a desk in the first floor archives)

INTERNAL MEMORANDUM
RYALL STATE PRISON

To: Captain Bryan Handley
Subject: Prisoner Patrick Napier

Concerning the recent unsolved murder of the subject-named prisoner in our facilities, a full and complete review of all isolation and segregation procedures will be undertaken by you and your staff, with findings turned into my office no later than close of business 21st November. Included in your report will be full investigation results regarding Napier's murder, including those responsible for overseeing the victim's activities during the time of the incident - specifically how another prisoner was allowed to access the segregation area. Please note, your guard staff is not exempted from suspicion and should be treated thusly.

This investigation should be considered our highest priority. I am determined that we will respore Ryall's reputation as a top-notch prison facility. Consider this your first and last warning.

WG Milton

Warden Glen Milton
[masking tape]_ _ _ __ _ _ _ _

--------------------

Sketch of Envelopes (Centennial Building; for completion of Room 105 puzzle)

[No Screenshot][*]

* Depicts a sketch of scattered envelopes with 851136 written across them

-------------------

Psychologist Flier[*] (Centennial Building; Room 204)

RETT CAIRN, Psy.D.
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
(617) 555-3323

HELPING INDIVIDUALS AND COUPLES COPE WITH THE LOSS OF A CHILD

* Filed as ADW-SU-08

Probationary Hearing Prelim Memo[*] (Centennial Building; Drawer of room 200)

PSYCHOLOGICAL REPORT
Ryall State Prison

To: Warden Glen Milton
Subject Name: [XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]
Subject: Psychological Evaluation - Probationary Hearing Prelim

[XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX] is a male, 43 years old. He is serving a [XXXXX]-year sentence for multiple felony accounts, including third-degree murder and sexual assault of a child below the age of 14. He appears to be in satisfactory physical health. The prisoner is currently being considered for probation. After multiple sessions with the prisoner, I have concluded he does not suffer from any psychotic or physical disorders. Rather, he has shown continually to have an inordinate interest in young children and manifests significant predatory traits. As a result, I feel he poses an imminent danger to the community should he be released from custody, and is therefore a poor candidate for probation.

Wayne Sara
Dr. Wayne Sara
Chief Psychiatrist
Ryall State Prison

* File name obscured, stamped ps-257-55n
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Despite the blocked out name being a copypasta of the smudge on a Murphy Pendleton memo, this one is for Patrick Napier - evidenced by the age of 43 - Napier was 42 when he was caught. His sentence is likely "fourty." "fifty," or "sixty."
------------------------

Annual Employee Review (Centennial Building; hidden in a book in the vault)

ANNUAL EMPLOYEE REVIEW
Ryall State Prison

Name: George Sewell
Position: Corrections Officer
Years of Service: 20

Areas of Concern:
There have been numerous reports from prisoners and fellow corrections officers that Officer Sewell maintains suspicious contact and/or relationships with certain prisoners under his care. There have also been allegations of abuse of power by Officer Sewell, including physical threats. Officer Sewell adamantly denies these claims.

Conclusion:
Until further investigation is conducted into the various charges against Officer Sewell, promotion and/or merit wage increase cannot be approved at this time.

Positive Contributions to Team:
Officer Sewell had perfect work attendance throughout the entire review period and consistently reports to his duties in a punctual fashion.

[ARCHIVED]

* Filed as R-11-89, previously filed SW 65764(0?)2

--------------------------------

Film Splicing Guidelines[/n] (Chastain Heights; Movie Theater)

Picturedrome Projection Services LLC.
FILM SPLICER WC40
Film Splicing Guidelines

1. Only authorized theater employees may access the film splicing equipment.

2. The Film Splicing Equipment can be used to join two or more segments of film to create a single edited piece, seamlessly splicing Reel A to Reel B.

3. Many of the film reels stored within the Silent Hill film archive are decades old and irreplaceable. Always wear protective gloves before handling film.

4. Before loading the film Splicer, ensure that the film you're using has been cleaned in a methyl chloroform solution.

5. The repair adhesive will not bind to wet film. Ensure that all film segments are thoroughly dry before attempting to splice two film segments together.

6. Ensure that you provide at least 24 - 27 inches of leader tape for the start of each new reel before splicing additional film segments to it.

7. The Film Splicing equipment is solely for the use of repairing damaged films or joining two shorter sequential feels into a single reel. Any other alterations or edits must first be cleared with the copyright holder.

-------------------------

Abduction Article
[*] (Chastain Heights; Inside small gated grassy area west of movie theater)

LOCAL BOY BELIEVED ABDUCTED WHILE WALKING HOME FROM SCHOOL
By Harold Ulysses

Brahms - A 6-year-old boy is believed to ave been abducted by an unknown kidnapper while walking home frmo his school yesterday afternoon. [XXXXXXXXXXXXXX], who attends Robbins Elementary School, was last seen departing the school's campus at approximately 2:30 PM. He was walking alone and no witnesses have been identified at this time.

"Right now, we have very little to go on," said detective Elliot Benson, who is heading up the investigation for the Brahms Police Department. "As with any suspected kidnapping, the first 48 hours are crucial, so we are asking anyine who may have information about the disappearance to please call our anonymous hotline."

Police have been actively interviewing school employees, students, as well as residents who live and work near the Robbins Elementary. As of the writing of this article, the parents of the missing child remained unavailable for comment.

"As you can imagine, the parents want nothing more than the safe return of their child, and all their energies are focused in that direction," Detective Benson told reporters.

A statewide AMBER Alert has been activated for [XXXXXXXXXXXXXX]. If you have any information regarding his disappearance, please contact the Crime Breakers Tip Line.

[NOTE: Elliot Benson... rock on, SVU fans. Rock on.]

----------------------