Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 14 Dec 2019

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Subway Guard
 Post subject: Re: A satisfying conclu- hey, wait a minute

Missing since: 20 Jun 2010
Notes left: 1627
Ephemera wrote:
When Mary wrote the letter to James while she was in the hopsital, Laura stole it from her before she could do anything with it. It was Laura who gave James the letter at the END of the game.

Laura did indeed take the letters from the nurse, but she then lost James' letter. The only letter Laura gave James was the letter Mary wrote for her. Like Aura said; depending on your ending, you get the letter meant for James from either Mary or Maria. Never Laura.

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 15 Nov 2011
Notes left: 142
Ephemera wrote:
Soulless-Shadow wrote:
CandyLander wrote:
and that also, maybe it was howard who gave Mary's letter to James, in silent hill 2

I don't agree with that theory. Spoilers for SH2;
[Reveal] Spoiler:
We know that the letter James had at the start of the game wasn't real. As the game progresses it disappears because it was a figment of his imagination (it's possible the contents of the letter was inspired by Mary as well). James didn't have it before arriving in Silent Hill because the letter wasn't the real reason he went there. Either way, it couldn't have been delivered by anyone. James just thinks he "received" it.

As for the real letter, we see that handed to James at the end of the game. The only way that could have been delivered by Howard is if he was somehow Mary in disguise, which is kinda stupid and takes away from the whole seeing Mary for the last time thing.

Either way, I don't think one needs to try to shoe-horn Howard into SH2 and Mary's letter to James. I'm all for outlandish theories, but this one is just ridiculous, imo.

When Mary wrote the letter to James while she was in the hopsital, Laura stole it from her before she could do anything with it. It was Laura who gave James the letter at the END of the game.

[Reveal] Spoiler:
my bad for answering it just now, but I was refering to the letter at the start of the game, that in the end is actually just a piece of paper

Subway Guard

Missing since: 20 Jun 2010
Notes left: 1627
CandyLander wrote:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
my bad for answering it just now, but I was refering to the letter at the start of the game, that in the end is actually just a piece of paper

So you're suggesting...
[Reveal] Spoiler:
...that Howard gave James the fake letter which turned out to be a blank piece of paper? If so, then that still doesn't make any sense. It's just a random blank piece of paper. Why would Howard deliver a blank piece of paper to James? The paper itself wasn't important, and there's no indication that there's anything special about it once the words fade.

Historical Society Historian

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11384
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Also,
[Reveal] Spoiler:
The paper itself disappears.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6