References to locations from older games

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

References to locations from older games

Post by redrum »

I think I saw a reference about a kid being treated for an injury at Brookhaven - Implying that Homecoming was correct, and Alchemilla and Brookhaven have switched purposes.

I noticed in Pearl Creek there were road signs that listed Ashfield and Brahms and the distances they are (also didn't Murphy's car chase apparently end in Ashfield?)

Pleasant River seems to be an actual district of Silent Hill rather than it's own town, therefore the University must be located on the outskirts of Silent Hill.

I'm sure there is more
KingCrimson
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: References to locations from older games

Post by KingCrimson »

Yeah, the Brookhaven thing bothered me because the kid was going to a dentist's appointment. Even regular hospitals don't usually have an on-site dentist, never mind a sanitarium with padded cells.
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

KingCrimson wrote:Yeah, the Brookhaven thing bothered me because the kid was going to a dentist's appointment. Even regular hospitals don't usually have an on-site dentist, never mind a sanitarium with padded cells.
The place might have had a refit/renovation, with a densits being built next to it, or in the grounds.
dr bones
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by dr bones »

We haven't been to Paleville yet in a SH game, have we?

Also, does Henry's apartment mean that we ventured into a section of Ashfield in SH:Downpour, or (more likely) can we write that off as fan service? I didn't really pay attention, but the view from out the window didn't seem to look the same at all.
"Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame."
"The lies and the mist are not they but I. You all know that I am One. Yes, and the One is I."
Falconv1.0
Gravedigger

Post by Falconv1.0 »

dr bones wrote:We haven't been to Paleville yet in a SH game, have we?

Also, does Henry's apartment mean that we ventured into a section of Ashfield in SH:Downpour, or (more likely) can we write that off as fan service? I didn't really pay attention, but the view from out the window didn't seem to look the same at all.
Has to be fanservice, it would make no sense otherwise.
Your weaboo is showing
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

Yeah, the apartment is pure fan service :P
dr bones
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by dr bones »

I was just never sure where Ashfield was in relation to SH, thought they could be bordering each other or something.

The whole hospital flip-flopping thing is pretty hard to swallow... I would have kind of preferred it if they would of just retconned SH:H, written it off as Alex's delusion or something. Maybe next game we'll find out Ceder Grove has been turned into a children's hospital.
"Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame."
"The lies and the mist are not they but I. You all know that I am One. Yes, and the One is I."
jamie
Just Passing Through

Post by jamie »

dr bones wrote:We haven't been to Paleville yet in a SH game, have we?

I was curious about that as well, but Henry's apartment complex has a courtyard, it doesn't look into the main street.

Has anyone found a Robbie the Rabbit reference anywhere? I'm on my second playthrough and I really surprised that little guy hasn't shown up.
jayesbee.blogspot.com
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

dr bones wrote:I was just never sure where Ashfield was in relation to SH, thought they could be bordering each other or something.

The whole hospital flip-flopping thing is pretty hard to swallow... I would have kind of preferred it if they would of just retconned SH:H, written it off as Alex's delusion or something. Maybe next game we'll find out Ceder Grove has been turned into a children's hospital.
According to the signs in town, its 168 miles away from Silent Hill, so quite far away.

I'd reckon Cedar Grove is long gone now, especially with Alchemilla now being the mental hospital.

Also, I checked the reference to Brookhaven, the kid was having his tonsils removed, so not a dentist.
Avianna
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Avianna »

jamie wrote:Has anyone found a Robbie the Rabbit reference anywhere? I'm on my second playthrough and I really surprised that little guy hasn't shown up.
This!

And, a street over you find a post card addressed to an Aaron Ashfield. I found it literally right after I had found the Easter Egg. That made me giggle a bit. I love that try tried really hard to put Easter Eggs from all the games into Downpour, rather than picking a choosing between fan favorites.

I was especially happy about the SH4 Easter Egg because I'm a big fan and I hate seeing it crapped on all the time :P
AdjectiveRyan
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by AdjectiveRyan »

robbie is in a sidequest on 2nd or further playthroughs.

something worth noting about henry's apt. l walked down the hall and saw that the door to the storage room had not been walled up. possible hint that this title is set before events to joe schrieber?