There's no such thing as stupid questions ... Downpour FAQ

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Re: There's no such thing as stupid questions ... Downpour F

Post by KiramidHead »

For all we know, the cliff she fell off wasn't that high. Kind of hard to tell with all that fog in the way.
five5sixers
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by five5sixers »

I'm not accounting for the gun shot in the boat, but Anne falling we never actually SEE her die. We see her fall and disappear, and so does Murphy. That's all he sees. He assumes she died, or at least was injured, but falling from ridiculous heights unscathed is nothing new to Silent Hill characters nor the Otherworld itself. It doesn't quite follow the laws of nature, let alone the laws of physics. They're there, but they can be bent and sometimes broken with no ill effects aside from general confusion. As far as teleporting, yeah she basically did but she also seemed to have more of an understanding of what was going on at that point. I don't think the Anne we face through the rest of the game is fake, I think she just understands more of how the Otherworld works and is accepting of its nature which allows her to subconsciously manipulate or will things to happen. This also isn't unusual to the series. She wanted, needed, to find Murphy and Murphy still had to figure out what was going on. He wasn't going to be free no matter what happened just from riding a boat away from part of town.
Book of Memories ID: five5sixers
Rev
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Rev »

xoxsnoof wrote:He wasn't going to be free no matter what happened just from riding a boat away from part of town.
Even if he did manage to make it without Anne putting a gun to his head, I'm pretty sure he'd just wind up in a different part of the town, anyway. Doesn't Silent Hill completely surround Toluca Lake?
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

>Doesn't Silent Hill completely surround Toluca Lake?
Originally, no. But since the new developers keep pushing the limits and adding new areas to the town all the time, maybe in a not-so-far future it will.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

I always thought Anne somehow magically appeared on the boat, probably from some angle of her Otherworld experience. It just doesn't look like she was hiding somewhere on the boat, you know? But for all I know she could've been.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Rev
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Rev »

wonder's boy wrote:I always thought Anne somehow magically appeared on the boat, probably from some angle of her Otherworld experience. It just doesn't look like she was hiding somewhere on the boat, you know? But for all I know she could've been.
I figured the same thing, since it seemed like she pulled a similar stunt in the mines when she just appears out of a dead end (although we also joke that she was intentionally hiding there after finding Murphy unconscious, just so she could surprise him).
Esperandote
Just Passing Through

Post by Esperandote »

wonder's boy wrote:Yeah, this was a big sequence of confusion for me, and not in a good way. Thinking the books were part of the three # combination puzzle, I labored over reading them, looking for any clues I could get, writing down the symbols from the pages and everything.

Turns out, like warfare315 said above, I didn't even need them. This left me kinda frustrated, as I went back to read several of the books to try and figure it out. Still, I liked reading those passages. I still don't know if they are just there for exploration value or if they have significance to a side quest or something.
lol, exact same thing happened to me. Has anyone figured out the significance - if any - of those numbers, yet?

------------------

Is there any significance to flushing the toilets?
SAIRENT HIRU no uta minna de utaou!
fudgestix

Post by fudgestix »

Please don't double post, use the edit function if less than a week has passed between posts.

And I'm pretty sure that the toilet thing is just an easter egg, as a nod back to the series general love of them.
THE RULES! [click me and learn]
"I think I'd prefer a sword over a penis anyday." - Wigeke
Mxpn - Restless Night (bandcamp)
HeartlessBastard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by HeartlessBastard »

Esperandote wrote:
wonder's boy wrote:Yeah, this was a big sequence of confusion for me, and not in a good way. Thinking the books were part of the three # combination puzzle, I labored over reading them, looking for any clues I could get, writing down the symbols from the pages and everything.

Turns out, like warfare315 said above, I didn't even need them. This left me kinda frustrated, as I went back to read several of the books to try and figure it out. Still, I liked reading those passages. I still don't know if they are just there for exploration value or if they have significance to a side quest or something.
lol, exact same thing happened to me. Has anyone figured out the significance - if any - of those numbers, yet?
Well, all the memos we find in the Centenial Building have similar number, including the ones about Murphy. Every library have numbers like this, they help to locate and organize book by category and author.
"Good people should love their enemies" - Seu Madruga