Graphically speaking.

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Re: Graphically speaking.

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

"That pistol looks barely better than the one in Resident Evil 4."

We're comparing gun models now? That doesn't matter, SH games aren't even shooters. Besides, I haven't stopped having fun with RE4 because the pistol now looks low tech, which I've never even noticed anyway.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

Eh, i disagree about the Models in Homecoming. Well, what i mean to say is i thought Alex, Wheeler, and Adam in Homecoming looked fine for the most part, but all the women looked terrible. Well... Alex's mom looked OK, but even she suffered from terrible hair in Homecoming. As far as Curtis goes, i know what they were going for with him, but he ends up sticking out like a sore thumb due to his odd skin texture.

Downpour's models imo aren't that much better. Sure i'll admit that as a whole they're slightly better than Homecoming's, but they're still pretty bad. that guy you meet in the showers as the game starts looks like something/someone out of Unreal Tournament 3, and Downpour also suffers from "bad hair" for a number of the characters.

As far as art direction/atmopshere goes, i won't argue SH:H vs Downpour, and even though i'll agree there may be more detail in Downpour's world/otherworld, i can't say that things look better as the game has a lot of very flat/bad textures and jagged edges.
sh#1fan
Historical Society Historian

Post by sh#1fan »

[quote="Skele"] Alex's mom looked OK, but even she suffered from terrible hair

ROFLMAO~
Hair is a really hard thing to get right in any video game.
oO?
EmilietheStrange
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by EmilietheStrange »

^That's true. A few days ago, I was watching my brother play Uncharted 2. The graphics are quite good, but the blonde chick's hair looked almost as bad as Elle's or Holloway's hair, despite it being a more recent game.

About the graphics in downpour, they weren't that bad. Sure, they could have been better, but I wasn't sitting there thinking "OMG these are 2007 graphics! Nasty!!!! Now I can't enjoy the game!" As someone else said, Downpour was made on a lower budget by a team with less experience, so I'm more forgiving in that aspect. Personally, I think it's the best game in the series so far when it comes to graphics.
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

Doctor Eggnog wrote:We're comparing gun models now? That doesn't matter, SH games aren't even shooters.
What is this? I don't even...
Nel
Just Passing Through

Post by Nel »

I didn't find the graphics really bad and I can't bring myself to criticize it. I know how hard it is to make visuals in a game, espicially since they work more on working out the bugs. And hair is the hardest, with all the strands and stuff. I'm too forgiving and I only focus on the good parts in a game. But I know it could have been improved.
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

Even tho they downgraded the visuals a bit, the game still looks good...i remember Homecoming going thru the same scenario...if you see early pics of homecoming, it was actually an impressive looking game before it went thru it's downgrading process...

I have no complaints with Downpour tho....the town of SH felt fully realized and the apt's and environments were impressively detailed...