Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 15 Dec 2018

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Monster respawn same place ?

Missing since: 01 Oct 2011
Notes left: 48
So far I have noticed monsters are respawning in the exact same place when I return to a area. Is this happening for everyone?

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Monster respawn same place ?

Missing since: 05 Jul 2010
Notes left: 3339
Last seen at: Kentucky
I notice that they respawn, as well. I found that pretty interesting. I've not noticed that too much in Silent Hill games.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Missing since: 26 Apr 2009
Notes left: 3229
I don't think I ever had monsters respawn. On the streets the monsters seem random, even to the point where if you go far enough way and return they aren't there anymore. In buildings and stuff, their location seems scripted, but I never noticed them respawning. When I return to places where I killed them, they never come back. Maybe the respawning is random?

Missing since: 05 Jul 2010
Notes left: 3339
Last seen at: Kentucky
^Perhaps. I remember being near Pleasant River and having Screamers and Prisoner Minions respawning in the area. That was the place I remember the most having lots of respawns.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Well, like I said, I'm pretty sure monsters on the streets are random. So it's not so much them respawning but just popping up again. I've been killed by an enemy only to reload and not have it appear in that spot the second time. It's possible some monsters on the street are scripted and respawn, though, and I just never noticed.

Just Passing Through

So far on the streets they are in the same exact place if I go away and come back. Random would be fun but this is just boring lol

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

As I said, I can confirm that in some situations they are definitely random. Unless the game has a feature where they decide to remove enemies that kill you on the streets, or my game is a freak and the monsters only disappear and don't come back for me.

Missing since: 01 Jun 2009
Notes left: 2890
^You're not a freak, Nanaya. The same happens with me. I see monster, I kill monster. Monster disappears, never to be seen.

Just Passing Through

that is strange the spot where the police station is hole in the wall there is two guys behind it every time I go back there...... I am having a couple issuies tho see my other posts maybe my copy.

Cafe5to2 Waitress

Missing since: 29 May 2010
Notes left: 172
Last seen at: Texas
I've had monsters respawn. The part where you first enter the town and go through the alleyway, where a Screamer attacks you in front of the gate you have to go through... I had to backtrack at one point because I stupidly forgot to pick up the town map, and when I got back to that part she had respawned. But after I hit her only two times she just flat out disappeared. No other monster ever did that.

Missing since: 26 Sep 2008
Notes left: 3265
Last seen at: United States, Texas
The game always spawns some monsters nearby when the rain starts, about one or two at a time, then even more come when you start seeing blue flashes of thunder. Endgame Spoilers:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
And of course, the machine shop area of the prison spawns prison minions every few minutes until you solve the puzzle and get through the door

Oh by the way, when you go inside a building to escape the rain, simply entering than exiting does not work. You actually have to wait a minute or two before you go out.

Until you are near

Just Passing Through

There is no rain and they are spawning in the exact same spot as I first encountered them. Like one guy said the screamer was there for me as well.