Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 08 Dec 2019

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Re: Humorous/Funny Parts

Missing since: 18 Apr 2012
Notes left: 7
My funniest experience as actually caused by a glitch at the radio station, one particular door frame had TWO door graphics attached to it - one open, and one closed. And Murphy could walk right on through the closed door like a ghost XD

I LOL'ed so hard!

Historical Society Historian

Missing since: 09 Jun 2005
Notes left: 7464
Last seen at: Kentucky
It's not part of the game technically but the drop dead glitch Calamity and I experienced was pretty hilarious. Murphy literally hit the floor face first and died for no reason.

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 15 Nov 2011
Notes left: 142
the moment when murphy writes in his journal "silent hill looks pretty...silent..."

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 26 Mar 2012
Notes left: 34
When Murphy finally makes it out of Silent Hill, Cunningham appears again and Murphy says that line, "You gotta be kidding me." That made me laugh because I thought that she was getting annoying and in the way.
Another part is in the otherworld with the two big monster and you shine the spotlight on them. It was unexpected when he talked and it just seemed like he was mirroring my thoughts throughout the game.

My Bestsellers Clerk

Missing since: 22 Apr 2010
Notes left: 328
Last seen at: Minnesota, US
I was amused when Murphy fell into the Abyss. I also find it funny when Heather plummets into a bottomless pit in SH3 and when Leon falls to his doom in RE4, but I can't figure out why.

This is more weird than funny, but my brother experienced a weird glitch I haven't seen anyone mention. During one point in the game, the axe and the handgun became pixelated and transparent. They still worked just fine, but Murphy appeared to be carrying around a fuzzy silhouette of an axe instead of a real one.

Something random I just recalled is in the St. Maria's other world. In the room with the bells and the mural, there appears to be a picture of a clown like guy with a baseball bat on one side of the mural. It looked very out of place, and kind of made me wonder if one of the developers is a rabid Slipknot fan.

My Bestsellers Clerk

Missing since: 25 Jan 2010
Notes left: 444
I remembered something yesterday: there's a radio at the beginning of the game that is in front of the diner, and it plays a certain melody. Well, there's a static noise that comes from it as well that I swear I've also heard in an old computer game called My Disney Kitchen. :lol:

Last edited by Yoshata on 08 May 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 15 Feb 2010
Notes left: 33
Last seen at: Silent Hill, I hope.
EmilietheStrange wrote:
I was amused when Murphy fell into the Abyss. I also find it funny when Heather plummets into a bottomless pit in SH3 and when Leon falls to his doom in RE4, but I can't figure out why.

This is more weird than funny, but my brother experienced a weird glitch I haven't seen anyone mention. During one point in the game, the axe and the handgun became pixelated and transparent. They still worked just fine, but Murphy appeared to be carrying around a fuzzy silhouette of an axe instead of a real one.

Something random I just recalled is in the St. Maria's other world. In the room with the bells and the mural, there appears to be a picture of a clown like guy with a baseball bat on one side of the mural. It looked very out of place, and kind of made me wonder if one of the developers is a rabid Slipknot fan.

Because Heather falls like she's planking, that's why :D

I think it's safe to say after Korn's involvement that Tomm could be a fan of Slipknot as well :wink:

Brookhaven Receptionist

Missing since: 05 Dec 2009
Notes left: 857
Last seen at: New York
I killed a screamer next to the curb, and it caused a glitch that made me laugh out loud. The screamer just hit the ground and then immediately flew away... it looked so awkward.

bakedpotatoesreggae.com

Woodside Apartments Janitor

Missing since: 16 Oct 2010
Notes left: 1129
The moments when the cop cars stopped and then brought on screamers felt like straight up glitches to me. Wish the execution had been smoother, because that concept was ace...

Anyway, I thought it was interesting that I have played through the game numerous times and have never, ever heard the Korn song. Does it play at a specific time (like the credits), or otherwise? I just haven't heard it. Not that I'm missing it - I just found it odd and funny that a part I was kind of worried about has yet to be seen in all my subsequent play throughs.

Brookhaven Receptionist

Missing since: 05 Nov 2010
Notes left: 993
Last seen at: Kentucky
The Korn song (technically it's just a Jon Davis song) is the very first song that plays as soon as the end credits roll.

I found the part in the orphanage when the Screamer was walking towards you while scraping its claws against the wall to be very creepy.
During my second playthrough I launched a fire extinguisher at it during its animation before it was anywhere near me.
It was very funny.
"Oh, you're trying to be creepy, huh? Well... how 'bout you have a taste of my ANTI-CREEPY FIRE EXTINGUISHER!" :)

Oh, so that's why. I never watched the credits - I barely have time to play the game, let alone sit and watch those.

And launching stuff at Screamers was always hilarious! Especially that moment. Hurling chairs and pickaxes was extra amazing, though, especially if the ghouls start running towards you.

Gravedigger

Missing since: 30 Jul 2011
Notes left: 450
wonder's boy wrote:
Oh, so that's why. I never watched the credits - I barely have time to play the game, let alone sit and watch those.

What! You never know if the developers will include a final video/message/bonus content after the credits roll. It was mentioned in another thread, but they thanked this forum during the credits which was very thoughtful.

Yeah I saw someone posted an image of that. That's really cool of them to do, and it made me feel strangely closer to the game. :3 Guess I'll have to start being wary of the credits and the surprises they may hold...

Historical Society Historian

Missing since: 12 Feb 2009
Notes left: 8023
Quote:
It's right after the flashback of the cops pulling Charlie's body out of the lake, where Murphy does his Darth Vader-esque scream to the heavens.

The scene itself didn't really had anything off to me. But dude, that quote of yours is fucking hilarious! Now that I think about it... It looks just like ol' Vader! :lol:

Murphy's screams were kinda funny at the start of the game but eventually they lost their charm because I was more worried about finding an exit before the Void ate Murphy's soul.

Oh, and there was this Weeping Bat in the library that was crawling in the roof... Basically I had to go to a blocked hallway and he was there, always dropping to the ground, punching Murphy and running back up. I pulled a Tom and Jerry with him. Murphy was Jerry actually. Gosh, that was annoying...

What about that weird glitch were the monsters run away from you? I had some encounters with the prisoner-looking guys in the streets that were damn funny thanks to it.

EDIT: Remember when Anne's about to fall? At the start? I chose to let her fall on purpose and thought the scene was hilarious, too. :lol:

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 03 Jun 2012
Notes left: 3
Last seen at: Melbourne, Australia
Murph's immediate reaction when he spots his first Weeping Bat.

"Fuck!"

That had me chortlin'...

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 22 Oct 2007
Notes left: 129
Last seen at: Blüdhaven
Don't ask me why, but the moment DJ Ricks' place is attacked... the flashing lights combined with screaming elicited laughter, especially when Murphy stands up and he's the only person in the room and I can't figure out why.

AyaKara wrote:
Me and my sister looked at each other when Murphy was like NOOO when he found Charlie's body and his face was all like :[].

Yeah, that was pretty awful at the same time at the same it was hilarious. It couldn't been difficult to get his face to show some expression of agony.

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 16 Jun 2012
Notes left: 15
Funniest thing I ever saw was a glitch that happened in the Devil's Pit. A weeping bat jumped down from the ceiling and got stuck in the corner crouched down. I felt like I was beating a giant, steroid-pumped child.

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 12 Dec 2010
Notes left: 111
Last seen at: Your Bedroom Window
I'm glad it isn't just me that found Murphy's screams hilarious. haha

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally. You merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING! " -Bane

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 08 Mar 2011
Notes left: 49
The balancing beam in the monastery when Murphy screams

SHITTTTTTTTT!!

That part was hilarious

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 25 Jul 2012
Notes left: 28
"They're coming."

*beat*

"Who?"

I don't know why, but everything about that moment is flawless. From the delivery of the line to Murphy's hand movements. It's like they put all their budget into that one gesture.

Yuki wrote:
Yoshata wrote:
There was a Weeping Bat that was standing a few yards from Murphy, and wouldn't come closer. I took a couple of rocks and threw them at it, and it still didn't move. I ended up running away unscathed. That was quite amusing. :P

My favourite is when the Weeping Bats back up and walk away; they look like they're dancing.

This. I always start playing the background music from the "U Can't Touch This" parody from Family Guy in my head when this happens.