So the paint of the little girl in red...

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

Hydra666
My Bestsellers Clerk

So the paint of the little girl in red...

Post by Hydra666 »

we can see in various locations throughout the game... She's the autistic girl who was killed by her mother? (the girl from the ribbons quest)

Since once I've read the memo on the bed, the door of the chamber of the girl opened and there was a picture of her, in her chamber... That's the only thing that seems possible since we don't have informations on here anywhere else.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
And those small dolls in the chamber where creepy
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Re: So the paint of the little girl in red...

Post by AuraTwilight »

She matches the red-dressed girl from the trailer almost exactly, and it seems it was an early design for the little girl in the orphanage. I think I remember hearing that her design got changed for looking too similar to Alessa, but I'm not sure if that's official or not, and I can't tell you why the hell there's paintings of her all over the damn place.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Hydra666
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Hydra666 »

AuraTwilight wrote:but I'm not sure if that's official or not, and I can't tell you why the hell there's paintings of her all over the damn place.
That's the thing... we see this pain everywhere, while the little girl from the orphanage is not very important in the story. And I remember in the first very trailer, the orphanage girl was the same as the one in the final product.

I'd say the girl on the paint is not the orphan girl.
Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nillin »

Hydra666 wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:but I'm not sure if that's official or not, and I can't tell you why the hell there's paintings of her all over the damn place.
That's the thing... we see this pain everywhere, while the little girl from the orphanage is not very important in the story. And I remember in the first very trailer, the orphanage girl was the same as the one in the final product.

While she might not be "important" to the main story, remember that there is a giant possibility of her being an aspect of Anne.
I once was lost, but am now profound.
CandyLander
Just Passing Through

Post by CandyLander »

Nillin wrote:
Hydra666 wrote:

While she might not be "important" to the main story, remember that there is a giant possibility of her being an aspect of Anne.
why? the game doesn't even give us a hint of that.
Have you seen a little girl? Short, black hair. Seven years old...
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Yeah, she must mean something. Otherwise they wouldn't put her face all over town. Would they?

I can remember the painting inside a few houses, the library and the church.
Luotka Snih
Just Passing Through

Post by Luotka Snih »

Mephisto wrote:Yeah, she must mean something. Otherwise they wouldn't put her face all over town. Would they?

I can remember the painting inside a few houses, the library and the church.
Actually, I think the painting is just part of the scenery. In the same way other paintings and objects are repeated all around the town
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

CandyLander wrote: why? the game doesn't even give us a hint of that.
Yes, it does, actually. In the 'water slide' Otherworld segment after meeting DJ Ricks, both the little girl (before Murphy ever meets her) and Anne both run over railings in the same way, and then in the Orphanage Otherworld sequence, you catch up to the little girl tending to and holding the hand of the Wheelchair Man, who represents Frank Coleridge, Anne's father.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

I always accepted it as being Anne after my first play through. From what's noted above, it makes the most sense. The painting is even titled, at some point when I looked at it, "When You Loose the One You Love." Can't source this properly because I can't remember where in the game I saw this in association with the painting.

It makes sense to me that Murphy's version of the town would have a picture of Anne repeated around town. He probably didn't even realize it was her, yet she plays a pivotal role in his situation. Since the town often fashions itself to a character's personal history and psychology, Anne paintings would be appropriate in Murphy's, even if he doesn't know her much at all or how they're connected. Anne's in the town as well, so the painting being present could be reflecting off them both being there at the same time. She could've even seen a painting of Murphy instead, or her father.

It kind of reminds me of Heather's "ears" and "smiles/screams" that were pasted about everywhere, just in a different concept/style, with different meanings.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

wonder's boy wrote:I always accepted it as being Anne after my first play through. From what's noted above, it makes the most sense. The painting is even titled, at some point when I looked at it, "When You Loose the One You Love." Can't source this properly because I can't remember where in the game I saw this in association with the painting.
I recall seeing that title or something similar when checking out said painting. I just can't remember where. It might have been one of the first ones.
clips

Post by clips »

I'm glad you guys are clearing this up, because initially i thought it was some sort of easter egg with it being alessa, but now i know that is not the case..i didn't even know Anne and this little girl was walking across the platform during that waterslide...
Hydra666
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Hydra666 »

wonder's boy wrote:I always accepted it as being Anne after my first play through. From what's noted above, it makes the most sense. The painting is even titled, at some point when I looked at it, "When You Loose the One You Love." Can't source this properly because I can't remember where in the game I saw this in association with the painting.

It makes sense to me that Murphy's version of the town would have a picture of Anne repeated around town. He probably didn't even realize it was her, yet she plays a pivotal role in his situation. Since the town often fashions itself to a character's personal history and psychology, Anne paintings would be appropriate in Murphy's, even if he doesn't know her much at all or how they're connected. Anne's in the town as well, so the painting being present could be reflecting off them both being there at the same time. She could've even seen a painting of Murphy instead, or her father.

It kind of reminds me of Heather's "ears" and "smiles/screams" that were pasted about everywhere, just in a different concept/style, with different meanings.
That makes perfect sense. Especially the title of the painting. :o
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

I always thought that it was supposed to be Anne. Like Aura said, in the trailer the little girl is wearing a red dress like the one in the portraits, and the title you find for it in the centennial building, as Wonder's mentioned, really helps support the idea that it was Anne. I think they changed her look because she looked like Alessa, but overlooked changing the textures and colors for her dress before they released the game.

ETA:

Also, I wouldn't think it would be the autistic girl because she hates the color red, so why would she wear it?
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
wonder's boy

Post by wonder's boy »

Yeah, I doubt it's the autistic girl, too. There's nothing to really support that theory that overrides the idea of it being Anne. Also, I'm mad at myself for spelling "lose" wrong. It's "When You Lose the One You Love". Replacing "Lose" with "Loose" brings on a whole new meaning to that title.....
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Hydra666
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Hydra666 »

Talking about paintings, anyone here thought the paintings of dolls and screamers on some walls where pretty cheesy? :lol:
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by thy_butcher »

I thought the Doll painting(s) were actually creepy.