Silent Hill Heaven
http://silenthillforum.com/

Why are you here.
http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=24911
Page 1 of 1

Author:  silenthillking [ 17 Jul 2012 ]
Post subject:  Why are you here.

(Spoilers so be aware)

Just completed downpour again (that makes 20 times now) and have a very big question why
is Murphy in Silent Hill just think

SH1 the cult ,monsters inspired by fairy tales
SH2 Guilt sexual repression, Monsters inspired by rape and sex
SH3 continuing SH1 Monsters inspired by (i don`t no) always thought they were to see the birth of god
SH4 created by Walter inspired by him killing people
SH origins branching from sh1 inspired by (not to shore)
SH Shattered m Reimagining of SH1
SH Homecoming inspired by a town killing there kids as a sacrifice.

SH Downpour inspired by being in jail for stealing a police car yep.
I`ve watched all the endings and as far as i can tell Murphy never kills
Patrick Napier or Frank Coleridge George Sewell Kills Napier after Murphy Beats him up and Sewell kills Frank because Murphy won't do it.

Unless i`am missing a plot peace i think this silent hill has the stupidest plot to why your in silent hill. (a team of university people and this is what we get).

Author:  Soulless-Shadow [ 17 Jul 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: Why are you here.

You're kinda all over the place with everything, so I don't know if you're asking about the meaning behind the monsters in Downpour or why Murphy is experiencing the otherworld. :?

silenthillking wrote:
SH1 the cult ,monsters inspired by fairy tales
SH2 Guilt sexual repression, Monsters inspired by rape and sex
SH3 continuing SH1 Monsters inspired by (i don`t no) always thought they were to see the birth of god
SH4 created by Walter inspired by him killing people
SH origins branching from sh1 inspired by (not to shore)
SH Shattered m Reimagining of SH1
SH Homecoming inspired by a town killing there kids as a sacrifice.

Yeah, this is why I'm confused. You're talking about the monsters in the other games, not why each character are in the otherworld. :?

silenthillking wrote:
SH Downpour inspired by being in jail for stealing a police car yep.

There's a lot more to it than that. Major spoilers, naturally:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Murphy deliberately stole the car and took the police on a chase because he wanted to go to jail. Specifically he wanted to be sent to the same prison as Napier so he could confront him about what he did to Charlie , hence the whole attacking him in the shower part. In case you missed it, Napier was a pedophile, and it's heavily implied he kidnapped and murdered Charlie, Murphy's son.


silenthillking wrote:
I`ve watched all the endings and as far as i can tell Murphy never kills
Patrick Napier or Frank Coleridge George Sewell Kills Napier after Murphy Beats him up and Sewell kills Frank because Murphy won't do it.

Whether or not Murphy kills anyone depends on the ending, and the ending depends on the player's karma.

silenthillking wrote:
Unless i`am missing a plot peace i think this silent hill has the stupidest plot to why your in silent hill. (a team of university people and this is what we get).

No offense, but I can't help but think you haven't played the game anywhere near as many times as you claim, if at all. Most of what you're asking was easily explained in the game. Spoilers, naturally:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Murphy was in the otherworld not only because of what happened to Charile, but because of Anne's hatred for Murphy because of what happened to Frank. The otherworld and the Bogeyman, and perhaps even some of the monsters themselves, are a combination of both characters, their pasts, and their pain.

There's a lot more to the game than you're giving it credit for.

Author:  AuraTwilight [ 17 Jul 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: Why are you here.

Silenthillking has definitely never played the game, it looks like. Or didn't finish playing it through. :l

And nitpick, SH2 isn't about 'rape and sex'.

Author:  Hydra666 [ 17 Jul 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: Why are you here.

And he calls himself SilentHillKing :roll:

Author:  teosoleil [ 17 Jul 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: Why are you here.

silenthillking wrote:
Unless i`am missing a plot peace i think this silent hill has the stupidest plot to why your in silent hill. (a team of university people and this is what we get).


Uh...yeah...I think you're missing more than one major plot piece...in more than a couple of the games.

~

Murphy is in Silent Hill to deal with his issues of his past with the events surrounding his son, Charlie, as well as the actions resulting from his desire for revenge (remember the memo about the honeybees). Anne Cunningham also plays a role in the game as she, too, is in Silent Hill due to events from her fathers death and her own personal revenge tale as well.

Also, monsters in the game appear mainly due to the following, from what I can quickly remember:

1 = Order beliefs and personal fears
2 = Guilt, repression, sexuality
3 = Order beliefs, personal fears
4 = Aspects of Walter's past/personality, the victims are the people Walter murdered
Homecoming = Guilt, repression, sexuality
Shattered Memories = The Raw Shocks serve as "blocks" in Cheryl's mind as she denies Kaufmann's therapy. They can be seen as aspects of the imaginary-Harry Cheryl dreams up in her head.

Author:  thy_butcher [ 18 Jul 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: Why are you here.

I see the monsters & the Otherworld of Downpour as mainly Anne's. Murphy is the playable secondary character, one that is sucked into the circumstances due to Anne's desire for revenge.

Author:  Yuki [ 19 Jul 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: Why are you here.

silenthillking wrote:
(Spoilers so be aware)

Just completed downpour again (that makes 20 times now) and have a very big question why
is Murphy in Silent Hill just think

SH1 the cult ,monsters inspired by fairy tales
SH2 Guilt sexual repression, Monsters inspired by rape and sex
SH3 continuing SH1 Monsters inspired by (i don`t no) always thought they were to see the birth of god
SH4 created by Walter inspired by him killing people
SH origins branching from sh1 inspired by (not to shore)
SH Shattered m Reimagining of SH1
SH Homecoming inspired by a town killing there kids as a sacrifice.

SH Downpour inspired by being in jail for stealing a police car yep.
I`ve watched all the endings and as far as i can tell Murphy never kills
Patrick Napier or Frank Coleridge George Sewell Kills Napier after Murphy Beats him up and Sewell kills Frank because Murphy won't do it.

Unless i`am missing a plot peace i think this silent hill has the stupidest plot to why your in silent hill. (a team of university people and this is what we get).


You're asking why Murphy is in Silent Hill. Your points about the other games are what may have inspired the plots or monsters, NOT about why the main characters are in the town.

[Reveal] Spoiler:
SH1: Harry was searching for his daughter.
SH2: James had repressed guilt about murdering Mary and was drawn to the town.
SH3: The Order returned to get Heather, and she headed to the town for revenge.
SH4: Harry was an innocent bystander that got sucked into Walter's plot.
SHH: Alex felt guilt over his brother's death.
SH0: Travis was driving by and saw what he thought was Alessa being burned. Also, he had issues with his parents.
SHSM: Unrelated; not supernatural.
SHD: Murphy was being taken near the town while traveling to a different prison; he felt guilt over having lost his son, and quite possibly for having allowed Coleridge to die.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/