Silent Hill: Downpour Specific Song's name

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

Claudia_Wolf
Just Passing Through

Silent Hill: Downpour Specific Song's name

Post by Claudia_Wolf »

Hello. Sorry i had to put this in here, but i cant seem to find any straigh answer out there. I think this post isnt too...important, and i know it, i know i shouldn't do posts like this one, but there are also a lot of people that want to know something about Downpour.

SPOILERS FOR THE FOURTH LEVEL OF DOWNPOUR

PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
In the St. Maria's Monastery, after you get all of the rhyme, and see the little boy being killed by the bogeyman, Murphy has a flashback about Charlie's death.
In that flashback, a song plays.
Question is: does anyone knows the name of the song? i think there is a girl/little boy singing, not sure which one, but someone with that kind of voice is defenitely singing
I wanted to put this in here becasue other pages dont have too much people that know this kind of things very well like the ones in here, and a lot of peole (specially in youtube) want to know the name of the song, and a lot of questions that i find asking the name of a song, they are always asking About a song that Ricks plays in the radios found scattered around the game.
So, if anybody knows the name of that particular song, please, tell us!!!!
Thank you.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Re: Silent Hill: Downpour Specific Song's name

Post by The Adversary »

It's not on the soundtrack.

This forum also has a thread in the SILENT HILL MEDIA section specifically devoted to unknown songs.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Rev
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Rev »

So I know that this is an old thread, but it doesn't look like anyone's ever answered it, so here:

The name of the song in that flashback is called There Is A Happy Land by Leonard P. Breedlove.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Thanks for that. I'm working on making an actual complete playlist of in-game radio tunes, not the poorly recorded, in-game versions that are available.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
HeartlessBastard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by HeartlessBastard »

Thanks, I was looking for this song too.
"Good people should love their enemies" - Seu Madruga
Rev
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Rev »

You're welcome. I've managed to track down most of the songs for my own playlist, so I get on a frenzy when trying to hunt these things out.

I still wish I could find a non-radio version of Heaven Won't Hold It Against You, but I think that's actually an original song that Daniel Licht created for the game.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Pretty sure it is, too. Wasn't there talk of Troy Baker doing a tune specifically for the game?

I have quality versions of every song except for "Heaven Won't Hold it Against You," "I Wanted a Lover, I Needed a Friend," and "Where Cash is King."

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Rev
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Rev »

Possibly. Glad they did either way, since it's such a beautiful song and works with the game so well.

I still can't find a good quality of that one or I Wanted a Lover, I Needed a Friend (which I have been trying to track down myself for awhile), but! I've got a lovely copy of Where Cash Is King to contribute to your playlist:

http://www.mediafire.com/?bxh5x6tf0f7hlkw