Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 15 Oct 2019

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

Gravedigger
 Post subject: VATRA GAMES TO BE SHUT DOWN?

Missing since: 05 Dec 2010
Notes left: 451
Guess what showed up at ignand kotaku this morning....

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/23/ ... in-trouble

Silent Hill: Downpour developer Vatra Games is reportedly in danger of being closed. According to a statement from Kuju Entertainment, the developer that owns Vatra, the management team has “been conducting a strategic review of all aspects of the business” and the activities of Vatra “are currently under review.”

The statement notes that “no decisions have yet been made,” and employees from Vatra have yet to comment. Vatra is based in the Czech Republic, and fellow Czech developer David Semik (from 2K Czech) said simply “Vatra Games RIP” on Twitter.

Silent Hill: Downpour was announced with Vatra as developer back in 2008. The game was originally planned for fall 2011 but delayed until 2012, a decision that caused the game’s director to depart. Downpour was ultimately released in March, when it garnered mixed reviews from critics.

In addition to Downpour, Vatra is said to have agreed to do an additional game in collaboration with Konami, though no formal announcement has been made. We’ve reached out to Konami about the status of that project, and we’ll update this story with any concrete news about the status of Vatra.

Source: GI.biz

https://twitter.com/shingola/status/226309345229549568

Post subject: Re: VATRA GAMES TO BE SHUT DOWN?

Missing since: 09 Aug 2007
Notes left: 3635
Last seen at: Federative Republic of Butts
Already being discussed Here.

Be sure to search before you start a new topic.
Locking..

Mxpn - Restless Night (bandcamp)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]