Search FAQ

Login | Register


All times are UTC [ DST ]


It is currently 22 Sep 2017




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Light projector copied from the suffering

Missing since: 27 Aug 2012
Notes left: 9
They copied from the suffering that "scare monsters with the light projector" thing at the end of the game. Which is absolutely horrible. Why the hack would silent hill monsters be afraid of light projector anyway, they aren't even afraid of Murphy flashlight.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Light projector copyed from the suffering
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Jun 2009
Notes left: 2867
They're not afraid of the light, they're in pain because their eyelids are being held open by those metal contraptions on their heads. I know from experience that much smaller lights can hurt to look at, so I'd imagine a big spotlight is even worse.

_________________
It's not that far.

Screenplay Archaeology Podcast - STEPHEN KING'S IT EPISODE IS UP!


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject: Re: Light projector copyed from the suffering
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 08 Aug 2012
Notes left: 187
If I recall well, the monsters were burned if they stand in the Light.
The Spotlight idea was horrible, but I don't think it had something to do with The Suffering.

_________________
"Good people should love their enemies" - Seu Madruga


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject: Re: Light projector copyed from the suffering
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 05 Dec 2010
Notes left: 451
The game copies a lot of things from 'The suffering'. the uncanny similarities have been something that i've stated even before the game was released.

_________________
Now I Know, The Real Reason Why I Came To This Town....I Wonder....What Was I Afraid Of? Without You..I've Got Nothing...Now, We Can Be Together Again.....Mary.....


Top
   
 

Subway Guard
 Post subject: Re: Light projector copyed from the suffering
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 20 Jul 2004
Notes left: 1538
Last seen at: VA
well, didn't that Devin Shatsky dude work on the suffering? so it wouldn't surprise me that there's a number of similarities. I can't say for certain that there are, as i never finished the game.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Light projector copyed from the suffering
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11371
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
In fairness, the spotlight puzzle does have a nice prison symbolism to it, and was one of the more fun puzzles in the game in my opinion.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Re: Light projector copyed from the suffering
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 04 Jul 2012
Notes left: 44
Last seen at: Happy Burger
Yeah as already said, there have some things that seem to be taken from The Suffering ._.

But I hated that part of the game, it was stupid and a waste of time.

_________________
~ When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die ~


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject: Re: Light projector copyed from the suffering
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 05 Dec 2010
Notes left: 451
Not to mention the fact that most of the endings are around 3 minutes in length on average,except the B ending.Way to end a 20+ hour adventure.

_________________
Now I Know, The Real Reason Why I Came To This Town....I Wonder....What Was I Afraid Of? Without You..I've Got Nothing...Now, We Can Be Together Again.....Mary.....


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Light projector copyed from the suffering
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 12 Feb 2009
Notes left: 7950
Last seen at: Nowhere
^ What's your point? The endings made by the "almighty" Team Silent had 30 to 50 seconds.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject: Re: Light projector copyed from the suffering
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 05 Dec 2010
Notes left: 451
The endings in downpour felt rushed and unsatisfying. And i mean it when i say it was unsatisfying. I've played through the game once and i dont feel like touching it again.

And yeah... Silent Hill 2 endings: 15 minutes (Bed scene + Letter)
Sh3 Ending : 10 minutes (monologue + conversation with Douglas)
Sh4: 8 minutes ( Walter's death + ending specific cutscene)

_________________
Now I Know, The Real Reason Why I Came To This Town....I Wonder....What Was I Afraid Of? Without You..I've Got Nothing...Now, We Can Be Together Again.....Mary.....


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Re: Light projector copyed from the suffering
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 04 Jul 2012
Notes left: 44
Last seen at: Happy Burger
^
Agreed, Every ending in Downpour was unsatisfying.
Its like they werent sure how to end it so they just threw a few things together.

(But in SH2 the ending dragged on a bit longer than I had hoped, just as I thought the letter was going to end she goes onto something else xD)

_________________
~ When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die ~


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Light projector copyed from the suffering
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 12 Feb 2009
Notes left: 7950
Last seen at: Nowhere
Yeah, that was an exaggeration of mine but I'm talking about the final cut-scene. Not all the crap that happens before it takes place.

For example, in Silent Hill 1 the bad ending had at least 1 minute. Silent Hill 3 normal ending had 1:30 minutes. Possessed had 2 and a half. The ones in Silent Hill 4 were 3 to 4 minutes long.

Don't complain about the length in Downpour because it was pretty much the same with the old titles.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Light projector copyed from the suffering
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11371
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Holy double standards, Batman. Let's take a Downpour thread about Gripe X with the game and take it as an excuse to bitch about Gripe Z, even though Gripe Z applies to literally every Silent Hill that's ever been made!

WEEE!

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject: Re: Light projector copyed from the suffering
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 05 Dec 2010
Notes left: 451
AuraTwilight wrote:
Holy double standards, Batman. Let's take a Downpour thread about Gripe X with the game and take it as an excuse to bitch about Gripe Z, even though Gripe Z applies to literally every Silent Hill that's ever been made!

WEEE!


Duly noted. Maybe i should make a thread about just how bad the endings sucked in this game.

WEEEEE!!!

_________________
Now I Know, The Real Reason Why I Came To This Town....I Wonder....What Was I Afraid Of? Without You..I've Got Nothing...Now, We Can Be Together Again.....Mary.....


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject: Re: Light projector copyed from the suffering
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 27 Sep 2009
Notes left: 491
The fucking time it took for the end cutscene to finish does not define how good the ending was. It has literally next to nothing to do with it.

_________________
Your weaboo is showing


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject: Re: Light projector copyed from the suffering
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 05 Dec 2010
Notes left: 451
Falconv1.0 wrote:
The fucking time it took for the end cutscene to finish does not define how good the ending was. It has literally next to nothing to do with it.


Agreed. But if you watch the endings closely, everything feels rushed and it would've clearly been better if they had taken the time to make the scenes more fleshed out. My 'gripes' are with the endings titled 'Execution' 'Reversal' & 'Full Circle'....It was shockingly short and obviously felt like a glorified 'Game over' screen.

_________________
Now I Know, The Real Reason Why I Came To This Town....I Wonder....What Was I Afraid Of? Without You..I've Got Nothing...Now, We Can Be Together Again.....Mary.....


Top
   
 

Moderator
 Post subject: Re: Light projector copyed from the suffering
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 21 Jul 2003
Notes left: 11961
Last seen at: Nova Scotia, Canada
I didn't think anything felt rushed plotwise in Downpour. Just half-formed and sloppy. Which is a shame because I really liked what Waltz did with Past Life.

Anyway, let's get back on topic, please.

_________________
Image
"I dreamt last night I saw you
A single spark explosion negotiating with the dead
By the bright lights in some ICU on my chest you put your head
and said "There you are.
There you are.
There's my heart..."


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject: Re: Light projector copyed from the suffering
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 05 Dec 2010
Notes left: 451
Droo wrote:
I didn't think anything felt rushed plotwise in Downpour. Just half-formed and sloppy. Which is a shame because I really liked what Waltz did with Past Life.

Anyway, let's get back on topic, please.


Good God i said the endings were rushed, not the plot itself.

_________________
Now I Know, The Real Reason Why I Came To This Town....I Wonder....What Was I Afraid Of? Without You..I've Got Nothing...Now, We Can Be Together Again.....Mary.....


Top
   
 

Moderator
 Post subject: Re: Light projector copyed from the suffering
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 21 Jul 2003
Notes left: 11961
Last seen at: Nova Scotia, Canada
As opposed to the amazing ending to SH1 featuring Harry running on a highway for 15 seconds?

_________________
Image
"I dreamt last night I saw you
A single spark explosion negotiating with the dead
By the bright lights in some ICU on my chest you put your head
and said "There you are.
There you are.
There's my heart..."


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Light projector copyed from the suffering
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11371
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Or the endings in Silent Hill 2 you claimed were like 10 minutes even though nine of those minutes are identical letters in each ending?

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: