sh3 hidden/weird stuff, pics and videos. (spoilers)

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

That's great but... that doesn't have anything to do with the topic. :/
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

put_here_2_feel_joy wrote:Thank you so much, nur_ein_tier for all those awesome hacks. The one of heather's pendent especially, because I have been looking for something like that for 2 years. o_o

I know this is alittle off topic, but with those file ripping programs is there a way to rip sounds and music from the pc games? Are there specific programs designed to do this that I can download? (and to those who know me here, I'm sorry I wont shut up about this sound ripping, but it's really important to me. ;_;)
go to either http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/sil ... ifications
or
http://valtielsshsite.proboards46.com/i ... ?board=mod
for programs.
ImageImage
Camhacks & stuff: SH1 | SH2 | SH3 | SH4 | SHSM | FaceBook | YouTube
Kaiza Killa
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Kaiza Killa »

Krist. wrote:That's great but... that doesn't have anything to do with the topic. :/
I was just mentioning... :(

H+
"Everything above your neck's going to be a fine red mist" - Sniper (Team Fortress 2).
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

For some reason I just love looking through these. I just love all the attention to detail I think. There's just something endlessly fascinating about them for me. I think that SH3 had the best graphics out of all the series or any game for that matter really. I've always liked the split head dogs a lot and seeing them up close makes me like them all the more. They do have a very human like look to them. Creepy.
And I want to extend my thanks to everyone that goes through the trouble of getting and posting these type of pics. It makes my day a little brighter in an odd, odd way.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

^I second that. :) We finally get to see Harry's face!
The roller coaster pic is creepy. Some of the extracted files look like Maya files.
CryingInTheCorner
Just Passing Through

Post by CryingInTheCorner »

what does she say when you examine this?
whos that guy anyway,
It's a reference to Metal Gear Solid, one of Konami's other famous series. The silencer belongs to Solid Snake. It's also a reference to Stephen King's Black Cat.

The wheelchair on the fifth floor of the alternate office building. Heather says it's calling to her somehow.
That is a reference to the movie Session 9. A man named Gordie sees a wheelchair positioned just like that with light on it's left side. He says "It's...calling to me..." He then proceeds to kill everyone in sight. :)

http://www.impawards.com/2001/posters/session_nine.jpg
"When you see the almighty Pyramid Head... run like your nuts are on fire."
Smokey
Gravedigger

Post by Smokey »

>It's a reference to Metal Gear Solid, one of Konami's other famous series. The silencer belongs to Solid Snake. It's also a reference to Stephen King's Black Cat.

I don't know what Black Cat is, and can't even find a synopsis on it, but just because it's a silencer and konami doesn't mean it's a metal gear reference. There are hundreds of games with silencers in them. If this is somehow a reference to black cat (and could you clarify this?) that's all it is. However one of the SH3 church paintings DID make it into Metal Gear Solid 3. That's pretty awesome.

Good call on the session 9 reference though, I saw the movie but never connected that scene to that part of the game for some reason, but now that you mention it it's pretty blatant- but it's also apropriate to the game as Heather is gradually regaining alessa's memory. I've been trying to pinpoint more film/novel references but that's really tough if I haven't seen the films or read the novels. Mostly I've just pointed out all the many david lynch references in the games.
If you can read this, I'll kill you.
Scanman22
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Scanman22 »

>It's a reference to Metal Gear Solid, one of Konami's other famous series. The silencer belongs to Solid Snake. It's also a reference to Stephen King's Black Cat.

I don't know what Black Cat is, and can't even find a synopsis on it

I think it is actually called Stephen King's Cat's Eye. Try that! :)
- Member of the Order -
~ The Sect of Valtiel ~
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Which part of Cat's Eye had the silencer? The part where the guy had to walk around the outside of the building on the ledge?
CryingInTheCorner
Just Passing Through

Post by CryingInTheCorner »

I don't know what Black Cat is, and can't even find a synopsis on it, but just because it's a silencer and konami doesn't mean it's a metal gear reference. There are hundreds of games with silencers in them. If this is somehow a reference to black cat (and could you clarify this?) that's all it is. However one of the SH3 church paintings DID make it into Metal Gear Solid 3. That's pretty awesome.
Sorry, I was just pretty much reading that out of the SH3 guide I own, the one by Bradygames. Other than that, I do definetaly think the silencer may be at least a small tribute to MGS. And where are the SH3 paintings in MGS3? I've played that game many times and never spotted them. :?:

The SH series is largely inspired by many Stephen King books, and also by Session 9 and Jacob's Ladder. The whole theme throughout Session 9, especially the mental hospital's basement, scream Silent Hill. You can see how it inspired SH years later. As for Jacob's Ladder, there are way too many inspirations for me to post here. BTW, does anyone know what is up with the dead bodies found in the Reverse Side Hilltop Center that appear to have pictures of mouths, ears etc. Stapled on to them? Sorry I can't provide any pictures now, but one can be seen on the wall immeadiately after Heather wakes up next to the bathtub.
"When you see the almighty Pyramid Head... run like your nuts are on fire."
Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Doo-glas »

guys it's a reference to Edger Allen Poe's The Black Cat not Stephen King's :roll:
demollyon
Just Passing Through

Post by demollyon »

OMG! I love you! I just knew the dead body was the Angela model!
There was a sig here. It's gone now.
tooky
Just Passing Through

Post by tooky »

nur_ein_tier wrote:
maria_rising1991 wrote:okay... (a little later) didnt work. i must not have the proper equipment. if i do i cant find it. im not sure if i even have a video card... oh well... thanks anyways
you'd know if you had a video card capable of video input, you have to buy them separately (at least, i don't know of any with input that come with computers).

some pics made with the model viewer, some of the stuff not visible in game:

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
OH! i just noticed XD the things that have the horse looking mouths (first pic) have the smile from that pic of alyssa u know the one in SH3 when youre going up the ladder
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

Isn't that a slurper?
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Doo-glas »

MESSA JAR JAR BINKS! :lol:
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Ha! You go, Doo-glas! That is totally what that looks like, minus the floppy ears.
nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Fantastic as always, nur_ein_tier. :) I love the one with the "cleaning in progress. wet floor." sign right next to a puddle of blood. And I totally want a Borley's Haunted Mansion calender. Where in the game is that?
game_over
Hope House Careworker

Post by game_over »

I always knew the order had a thing for persian carpets. Thanks for posting these. 8)
nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

PeachySakura24 wrote: And I totally want a Borley's Haunted Mansion calender. Where in the game is that?
In the souvenir shop at the very beginning of the game. It's on the wall near where the cookies boxes are on the floor. Wet floor one is in the bathrooms before that, near the dead Robbie.

A few more:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage