Did the Monsters Attack the Cultists?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Because they're different entities from each other and from Heather, that's why.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Fan from Silent Hill
Just Passing Through

Post by Fan from Silent Hill »

I see. Sorry I lived under the impression that only if the Otherworld is caused by individuals, like in SH2, each person views it differently.

I also thought that like Harry sees the Otherworld the way Alessa made it and Henry the way Sullivan made it - same thing applies on SH3.
My mistake.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

They probably do in Harry's and Henry's case, but then Alessa and Walter built it with their conscious minds, where in the case of SH3 it seems to be mostly subconscious, if not entirely.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I would have thought that the cultists have some sort of ritual that would allow them to jump between the different realities. I think the otherworld in SH3 is created by the God growing inside Heather, because everytime it switches, Heather doubles up in pain. Claudia just triggers it.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

Keep in mind, Claudia has special powers that allow her a degree of control over the Otherside. Surely the average cultist doesn't have such abilities.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Yep, you're right about the normal cultists. I'd like to know exactly what Claudia did to turn a cultist into the Missionary (summon Valtiel maybe), or if that's how he just appeared to Heather.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

She has a special power that can change people's hearts, so I figure that, due to the nature of the Otherworld, changing their heart into a monster's will cause the rest of the transformation to happen on it's own.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

AuraTwilight wrote:She has a special power that can change people's hearts...
Where did you get that?
BloodRedLion
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by BloodRedLion »

I think that that's jut the way Heather sees it. Claudia has the power to influence the will of others, but not to physically change their form.
Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

Post by Son_of_Kauffman »

In SH1, Harry PHYSICALLY enters the otherworld in a fully consciuous way, while SH3 is a PHYSICAl manifestation of Heather´s subconcious through Claudia. The only REAL people you encounter are Claudia, Leonard, Harry, Douglas and Vincent.
The monsters are just that: monsters created by both Heather´s subconcious and Claudia´s faith, and ruled by God rather than any human party.
Spetsnaz of the Interior Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia
Spetsnaz sil Vnutrenniye Voiska Ministerstva Vnutrennikh Del

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/california-will-survive-its-crackup/?ref=opinion

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

Son_of_Kauffman wrote:The only REAL people you encounter are Claudia, Leonard, Harry, Douglas and Vincent.
The monsters are just that: monsters created by both Heather´s subconcious and Claudia´s faith, and ruled by God rather than any human party.
If you can accept that Leonard is a real person, you have to acknowledge that the missionary is as well.
ParanoidZombie
Just Passing Through

Post by ParanoidZombie »

So The Other World is like Davey Jonses's Locker from Pirates of The Carribean 3?

i mean in the sense of, to each person it differs? is this an accurate assumption?
Come On You Clones! You Wanna Live Forever?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

It's the accurate fact.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I think I'm beginning to understand. When a normal cultist wants to go to the otherworld, someone with power (Claudia, Dhalia etc) has to send or take them there. The missionary appeared as a monster to Heather as that's the way she views The Order.
I think the normal cultists probably would be attacked by the monsters, as they don't have the power to control them in any way.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

The Monsters were specifically after Heather, and Heather only, due to their purpose. Furthermore, Claudia's the one responsible for making the Missionaries look like monsters.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

so the cultist dont see the monsters but are monsters? but wait. in the movie, they are trapped in the alternate reality... im confused :?:
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

The movie and the games are two different universes, you can't compare them.

In SH3, the monsters are only visible to Heather, and some of them are even human cultists. They only attack her because they're basically fodder to fester hate in her heart and make her give birth to God.

In the movie, they're creations of Alessa, who is using them to punish the cult that hurt her.
Larson
Gravedigger

Post by Larson »

JuriDawn wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:She has a special power that can change people's hearts...
Where did you get that?
Indeed, where does that come up?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Supplementary Information. I'm sure I answered that question earlier in the thread.
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

i suppose its just me but i don't remember any such information regarding the cultist being portrayed as monsters. The only instances in which was Leanord and that one nurse in confinement at brookhaven. I suppose now i am just confused.

I also see no information as to Claudia making the mercenary looking like a monster